Gaming The Most Under-rated NDS games

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lunar Knights was pretty terrible. They managed to recycle Boktai, but somehow make it worse when they could have just given us a new Boktai. On top of that, giant mechs+vampires+winged cat sidekicks=anime gayness all around.

"The graphics are good", meaning the graphics were good *on the Gameboy Advance*. This is the DS, see the difference?

"There are some anime cut scenes", permit me to soil my britches in excitement.

No, their ears were bleeding because that was their brain eating itself from the exposure. I swear, some people just don't understand the simple concept that "underrated" has to imply its actually worth playing.

Incidentally, yes Soul Bubbles counts because it will sell all of twenty copies and the vast majority of people whom should know about it never will. On top of that, it's actually a pretty fun little game.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 Custom Robo Arena - It's a much higher quality game than most people realize. The story and music are ok, but the battler gameplay and customization are really where it excels.

xaznwi3rd0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Lunar Knights was pretty terrible. They managed to recycle Boktai, but somehow make it worse when they could have just given us a new Boktai. On top of that, giant mechs+vampires+winged cat sidekicks=anime gayness all around.

"The graphics are good", meaning the graphics were good *on the Gameboy Advance*. This is the DS, see the difference?

No, their ears were bleeding because that was their brain eating itself from the exposure. I swear, some people just don't understand the simple concept that "underrated" has to imply its actually worth playing.

Incidentally, yes Soul Bubbles counts because it will sell all of twenty copies and the vast majority of people whom should know about it never will. On top of that, it's actually a pretty fun little game.
You're beyond stupid. Lunar Knights is great. You sir are not a true Boktai fan.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xaznwi3rd0 said:
dib said:

You're beyond stupid. Lunar Knights is great. You sir are not a true Boktai fan.

Although I've never played Boktai, I'm enjoying Lunar knights. There's a few small complaints, but nothing really big. It's a very enjoyable game, in my opinion. But the dubs suck. I've seen worse, but still pretty crappy.

And to the quoted guy, are you saying anime is gay? Are you generalizing anime into the shitty mainstream shounen shits?

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Command & Destroy is a pretty good RTS.. definitely much better than then 4s and 5s it gets. If your card can RTsave it overcomes the worst missing part of the game. Try it!

KooLDiMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
^ LoL! i've just read bout that game on GFs (which looks interesting coz im a C&C fan), n now i read ur post.. im getting really anxious!
grog.gif

btw, Thanx for the list guys! i've tried few games mentioned here (especially the Jap), and they're indeed pretty good!
also, you guys may want to check these out too:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
-> the AI in this action FPS is way too accurate, but still beatable though..

Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
-> Fighting game for DBZ fans out there! a very nice addition from the GBA version

Dementium: The Ward
-> feels like Silent Hill, add more thrills by playing it in a dark place + use an earphone

Freedom Wings
-> Arcadish Flight-Sim. saving town, aquire new planes, upgrade the weapons, you get the idea..

Glory Days 2
-> an oldskool War game that quite simple & addictive, where you control various planes to bombards the swarming enemies

Horse Life
-> kinda like Nintendogs, with Horse! of course you can spank 'em to cough out some cash later on

Kira Kira Pop Princess
-> Rhytm game (for chick, actually). this is the english version of Kira Kira whateva..

Lost Magic
-> draw a rune to call out devastating magic and destroy various monsters in this RTS

Need for Speed Carbon: Own The City
-> looking for a Street Racing with cheap-bastard-rubberband-AI? you've came to the right place!

Need for Speed Pro Street
-> more like Gran Turismo, with balanced gameplay setting depends on the car

Tennis no Ouji-sama 2005 - Crystal Drive (J)
-> tons of characters to play with their own special moves

Time Ace
-> Flight-Sim across the timeline, more like Star Fox Command

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
-> a worthy title to prove what Tony Hawk's game can do, unfortunately the characters model looks crappy IMO

that's all i can think of.. sorry if im misplaced some titles!
yaynds.gif

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skagamer said:
Bobtheninjaoffood said:
The most under-rated DS game is easily Lunar Knights. It was an amazing game. Not as good as it's predecessors, but still nice. The graphics are good and there are some anime cut scenes. The only thing that brings it down was that one of the voice actors made every person who played it (about 27 people
tongue.gif
) begin bleeding from the ears.

Dude, that game was horrible. I think Meteos and Nanostray could use some more fans. =)

I really liked lunar knights but found the grinding a bit boring, meteos is great that gets my vote
smile.gif
such an addictive puzzle game that almost everyone looks over whilst getting another bloody tetris

Umdlye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KooLDiMe said:
Glory Days 2
-> an oldskool War game that quite simple & addictive, where you control various planes to bombards the swarming enemies

Second that. This game is really addictive. I love flying low and bombing a few tanks or shooting down enemy planes.
yaynds.gif

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else think "Choplifter!" the first time they saw Glory Days 2? I'm about to start Lost Magic and can't wait. I've heard so many good things about this game!

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weebwobb said:
Command & Destroy is a pretty good RTS.. definitely much better than then 4s and 5s it gets. If your card can RTsave it overcomes the worst missing part of the game. Try it!

I definitely agree. Granted, there are some things about it that REALLY irritate me (Passwords!) but it's a solid RTS game. I feel that this game got bagged on because it was supposed to be a GBA game a while ago and it comes from DSI, who are notorious for putting out absolute shit. Well guess what? It's not shit. It's exactly what you'd expect from a C&C clone on the DS. Most of the actual "reviewers" on this game must be fucking retarded, because I had no problems with the controls after playing for about 10 minutes (seriously guys, if switching screens gives you that much of an issue, maybe you should stop playing a dual screened system). I'd actually say that Civ: Rev has more touch screen issues than C&D did. (Civ: Rev is awesome BTW, but the touch screen implementation is a bit spotty at some points, like why can't I touch the unit in the stack panel to select it? I mean, come on! Same for having to select units you've told to defend [Can't be done without the touchscreen for some stupid reason])

Anyway, it's a competently made (PASSWORDS!@!!!@!@#!) C&C clone. Nothing more, nothing less.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
weebwobb said:
Did anyone else think "Choplifter!" the first time they saw Glory Days 2? I'm about to start Lost Magic and can't wait. I've heard so many good things about this game!

Lol my exact thoughts loved that game back in the day but hated glory days
frown.gif
may give it another shot when i stop playing everything else
smile.gif

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
abaddon41_80 said:
Lost Magic is easily one of the most underrated DS games. Sure the story wasn't all that great but it was addictive and the huge range of spells was great

I didn't find it addictive at all and the battle system wasn't all that good. Maybe I played it a little too late after playing better games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.