The Flashcart Switch Thread (Mig Switch/Unlocked Switch etc.)

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it so hard to find someone to mod a switch? I dont think so and you have so much more possibilities.

If the question is a general one (IE Are modding services readily available?), then no doubt it is a yes. But unfortunately, reality has nuances when it comes to the matter. Not all countries have modding services available locally, let alone a competent one that offers some sort of compensation guarantee should it fail. As such, the only option left for such people is to mail their switch overseas and that can cost quite a bit unless one wants to squeeze it into the smallest package possible with little to no protective wrapping and use unregistered snail mail -cheaper but not necessarily cheap, higher risk of damage to switch in transit or even loss. Then there's also the possible taxes/custom fees (other country customs are not like the EU) involved with bringing it (they charge as if you are buying a product even if you declare it is for "repair") into the respective countries.

Depending on distance to the overseas modder, it could easily add another 100 usd or more on top of whatever one pays for the modding service. And if the modder does a botched job, the person has to either send it back to the same modder (assuming the trust is still there) or repeat the whole costly process of sending it to another overseas modder.

rinho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your SD card full? I had a similar issue when I purposely filled my SD card
No no no, in newest firmware if you played one of the games, MIG blockades itself on that game. In order to go back to switching through you have to put the MIG and removing it just in the moment green color appears on it

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are people working on clones of these where you can actually get the dumper?
Only unlocked switch is

But honestly idk if I trust or believe them no more. 99% of what they post is srupid high school drama posts or posts to say wait a week to see something and than it’s just more stupid drama and nothing substantial

Last edited by TheStonedModder,

superfiege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
there’s no way to control it via pc unless you connect an esp32 or something to those debug pins…which I guess is easy enough I know the two pins that are needed so I can make a larger esp32 shell.

That being said I don’t know anything about coding for an arduino so I wouldn’t even know where start with googling to learn. I can’t imagine it would be many lines tho you’re essentially just disconnecting a wire and reconnecting it
Post automatically merged:

Sure for $130-200

People charge crazy prices. Locally cheapest person to install an instinct NX for me was $150. Just because you can’t think outside your own little life doesn’t mean something is useless.
Yeah u r right, thats very expensive, but its "only" twice a mig-switch. And you cant overclock, use other controllers, play retro-games, install linux, install android, use mods, use cool homebrews, manage your saves, customize your switch......... (the dots are for many more possibilites)
I dont think its useless, I think its a little too expensive for its only one use case: "play backups" :D
And maybe you can find a person that loves soldering...and will not charge you so much. If you lived in switzerland, you were welcome to send me your switch.
Post automatically merged:

If the question is a general one (IE Are modding services readily available?), then no doubt it is a yes. But unfortunately, reality has nuances when it comes to the matter. Not all countries have modding services available locally, let alone a competent one that offers some sort of compensation guarantee should it fail. As such, the only option left for such people is to mail their switch overseas and that can cost quite a bit unless one wants to squeeze it into the smallest package possible with little to no protective wrapping and use unregistered snail mail -cheaper but not necessarily cheap, higher risk of damage to switch in transit or even loss. Then there's also the possible taxes/custom fees (other country customs are not like the EU) involved with bringing it (they charge as if you are buying a product even if you declare it is for "repair") into the respective countries.

Depending on distance to the overseas modder, it could easily add another 100 usd or more on top of whatever one pays for the modding service. And if the modder does a botched job, the person has to either send it back to the same modder (assuming the trust is still there) or repeat the whole costly process of sending it to another overseas modder.
Yeah, got your point. Thats right.

Last edited by superfiege,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Another update from UnlockSwitch:

The Xtractor development is progressing excellently, I'd even say exceptionally! 😎

We're eagerly looking forward to revealing it to you. As you may have noticed, we always keep you updated on our project's progress. Moving forward, we'll keep you informed, but we'll only share photos once the product is fully prepared for mass production.

This decision stems from our past experience: when we announced the UnlockSwitch and its game-changing button a month in advance, other teams swiftly developed similar solutions. While we acknowledge it's all part of the game, we'll now only showcase the finalized, production-ready product. 🦾
If everything goes as planned, after the tests conducted by our selected beta testers and only after this step is validated, we will begin mass production and commercialization of the UnlockSwitch in July.

For the launch, we will prioritize sales to our Twitter community.

tl;dr Less drama, more work, they'll release Xtractor when it's done and mass production of UnlockSwitch will start in July, prioritizing their Twitter community.

I really hope that we'll finally get to see UnlockSwitch for sale.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are crazy asking $85 for the thing without a dumper
v2 + dumper combos start at $125. Why would you expect to get them together for $85?

I honestly thought MigX was the crazy one asking for $105+.

Anyways, just thought I would share for those interested in a v2 and trust AliExpress over the other stores.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Anyways, just thought I would share for those interested in a v2 and trust AliExpress over the other stores.
For some reason, I'm unable to find any MIG Switch v2s on AliExpress. Maybe some results do not appear in my country? Can you PM me the link to one of them?

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I'm unable to find any MIG Switch v2s on AliExpress. Maybe some results do not appear in my country? Can you PM me the link to one of them?
MIG Switch V2 NS Flash Cartridge Gaming Console Everdrive Modified Chip plugandplay Mig V1 universal card switch
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK7bXOG

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
If anyone is interested, i did a easy test mod button on version 1 ;)

View attachment 442759

Looks like the v2 Mig does this exact meathod...
1719002293697.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-dc2WPa7eA