Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short of modifying or deleting the game's .OPT file, I don't think it's possible at the moment. The only thing to do is to wait for an update.

[Edit]Maybe it's because I altered my Triple Boot setup, but when I use the GBA Exploader to activate the rumble on my 3-in-1, it acts erratically with Sakura's interface. It seems to rumble in tune with system sounds. This has never happened to me with the older version.

If I haven't already, I would also like to confirm that the NDS-GBA linkage feature does work with the 3-in-1 after setting it to Expansion RAM mode with GBA Exploader.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One Question:

Do I need this expansion to link NDS and GBA?
Because I wanted to link Pokémon Ruby/Saphire/Emerald with my Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, so that I can get Pokémons in that Pal Park^^ Would this work without that gba expansion pack?!
If yes, then I guess I just need to click on that new icon and choose the Edition? And then it's made or how does it works?

Thx for any answers ! =D

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think that you just have to put in GBA cart, and start the game.....game will recognize the retail GBA game in GBA slot on it's own...

This feature with the loading game in config. menu, is just if you have GBA expansion, and not the real game!!

It will work with the retail games!!

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that the media player bug that causes videos to stop at the last few seconds hasn't been fixed, but I discovered that it only affects videos that have been encoded with GOP data (DPG1). DPGs encoded with newer programs like BatchDPG are affected, but not those made by older programs like the one included with Sakura.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
It seems that the media player bug that causes videos to stop at the last few seconds hasn't been fixed, but I discovered that it only affects videos that have been encoded with GOP data (DPG1). DPGs encoded with newer programs like BatchDPG are affected, but not those made by older programs like the one included with Sakura.Is this any different from 1.11X? Did the old firmware cut off the last few seconds of ALL videos?

*EDIT*
I just updated the FAQ with the Mother 3 skin, thank you for your contribution! Did you try the new 1.12 firmware? It's got soft-reset and some other good features. Check out the Sakura FAQ for the download.
I did try the new firmware! VERY nice! It fixed a bug that mine had (dont know why or if others had this problem) where it wouldn't patch the GBA game correctly and so when I save it would show the file but when I tried loading its like it was never created! But the new firmware fixed it so it really helped!
Anyone else experience this?

*EDIT*
QUOTE(NPmetron @ Oct 15 2008, 12:33 PM)
Ive tried this on a couple games. If you have Soft-reset on, along with cheats. The game will (almost) always freeze a few seconds into the game. example: on Metroid Prime Hunters when you start a match it will freeze when you press start game. but when I turned Soft-reset off and it worked just fine with cheats. Just thought Id let you know!
Can anyone else verify this problem?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
with any flashcart that has soft-reset there's a high chance of freezes.
guess why i don't care about soft-reset anymore
happy.gif

treasure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iamnobody youre the king, thanks for hacking the new sakura firmware.

does anoyne know then the TRIPLE LOADER with the new sakura firmware will be released? i still want to use the triple loader, cause i use the old m3 firmware for gba games.

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo, thanks. I heard rts is coming out today 0o? And when I try to watch videos over 2 hours in length, it wont let me seek past the two hour mark without freezing. Is that a bug or something, or is it the videos fault? Thanks.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
SeaofTea said:
Any chance a dldi version of iamnobodies hack coming? It would be the bomb diggety yo.
Well, if you have the DLDI version of 1.11, then it wouldn't make any difference, since all the changes from 1.11 and 1.12 are to do with ROM booting, and the DLDI version can't boot ROMs anyway.

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if someone already ask this but i didnt see the question on the first post... can you adjust the brightness of sakura UI and how?
In the previous triple loader when i set the brightness in m3 real firmware it reflected to sakura. Right when sakura is loading up it start at lvl 1 brightness but once it finish load it on the max lvl of brightness.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ZyberMaster said:
Sorry if someone already ask this but i didnt see the question on the first post... can you adjust the brightness of sakura UI and how?
Yes, you can adjust the brightness by holding down the L button and pressing X or Y. It's not up on the FAQ because if you use the default skin for Sakura, all of the basic controls (including brightness adjustment) are shown on the top screen. This is also mentioned in the User Guide (page 10).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment