Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's supposed to be a power-saving feature. Ordinarily, the DS will shut off if the cover is closed while a movie is paused for a certain amount of time. The movie will resume where it left off when Sakura starts up again. That it still shuts down even when the movie is resumed while the cover is still closed is probably just an oversight. You should probably let g6team know about this.

PowderSnowManiac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all...

I'm new to this, and I think I might have been fooled...
mad.gif

I bought a M3 DS Real and it turned out to be a clone...

It has de "M3 Sakura" logo, but the manufacturer's site for downloading the software is "http://www.m3adaptes.com/SLOT-1_Series_M3DS-R.htm"

It doesn't run the M3 DS Real firmware (I've tried versions 4.1, 4.0 and 3.9)

I was wondering if anyone else has bought one of these clones, and it can run the Sakura or iTouch software...

Thank you

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it can't run itouch or m3real firmware.
but it can run an outdated version of m3sakura without rom support(dldi version of m3sakura)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thedicemaster said:
it can't run itouch or m3real firmware.
but it can run an outdated version of m3sakura without rom support(dldi version of m3sakura)

By the way, if someone would find the tool rudolph first gave, that basicly just compiled a NDS from the sakura firmware files, shouldn't there be a way make 1.12+1 DLDI version?

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this has been mentioned in the FAQ, but not only does enabling Download Play disable cheats, it also prevents Soft Reset from working.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
AXYPB said:
I don't think this has been mentioned in the FAQ, but not only does enabling Download Play disable cheats, it also prevents Soft Reset from working.

weird, still i can see the logic, thanks for note.

This may be something that flashcart must get a degree more "like the real game" so it needs to disable some extra stuff from memory so Download play will not be compromised.

Intellectual analysis is fun, even more when you really don't know nothing
rolleyes.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AXYPB said:
Aha, thank you. I asked last week why I can't get soft reset to work, without any luck. This f/w suffers terribly with the lack of "global anyhing"
frown.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's because it's well known that "Download Play" eliminates all extra stuff, and tries to run ROM with minimal additions and patching, so it would be more similar to the original game..

This is not the "bug" or anything, that's the way that Download Play works..

joshwill80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean an update on Sakura info or a firmware update? I'm hoping to see a Chrono Trigger fix sometime soon from the M3 team. I also just noticed that the Sakura site you linked has extra skins for download. Looks like the default skin, just different colors, which is what I would like to have. I take it these skins would have to be translated before they can be included in the English download here on this site?

--------------------------------------
Nevermind about the skins, I see you linked them in the FAQ. Do you have any plans to translate them eventually?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
those skins can't just be translated.
you need the source to edit them.

and the update is a website update(they now use a multi-page website)
however there was a compatibility update very recently.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
joshwill80 said:
You mean an update on Sakura info or a firmware update? I'm hoping to see a Chrono Trigger fix sometime soon from the M3 team. I also just noticed that the Sakura site you linked has extra skins for download. Looks like the default skin, just different colors, which is what I would like to have. I take it these skins would have to be translated before they can be included in the English download here on this site?
--------------------------------------
Nevermind about the skins, I see you linked them in the FAQ. Do you have any plans to translate them eventually?Yeah, just a website update, like thedicemaster said. As for the compatibility update with 1.12+a that just came out yesterday, I sent a PM to iamanobody about hacking it, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I tested it on my Japanese M3 flashcart and Chrono Trigger hasn't been fixed yet
frown.gif
But the cheat Narin, et al came up with works fine for me in Sakura.

The skins don't need to be translated in order for you to use them, you can just copy them to your cart and apply them like any other skin. I e-mailed M3 Sakura, M3Flash.jp and M3Adapter.com quite a while back asking for the source files for the Japanese skins and none of them ever got back to me about it. Otherwise they would've been translated a long time ago.

QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Nov 21 2008, 10:01 AM) I just checked Sakura webpage, and it's really refreshed and remade!
Looks nice, I'm looking forward to your translation on those news articles Desnetsu!!
Most of it is stuff that we already know, but the Q&A section has some things geared towards ultra-n00bs. Since there isn't a whole lot of new information, there's not really much to look forward to, but I'll eventually have the translations up.

Still, it's nice to see that they're doing something, even though it's just the website
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Densetsu3000 said:
Toni Plutonij said:
I just checked Sakura webpage, and it's really refreshed and remade!
Looks nice, I'm looking forward to your translation on those news articles Desnetsu!!
Most of it is stuff that we already know, but the Q&A section has some things geared towards ultra-n00bs. Since there isn't a whole lot of new information, there's not really much to look forward to, but I'll eventually have the translations up.

Still, it's nice to see that they're doing something, even though it's just the website
smile.gif
Well, it is good to see that they do at least something, but it's their fault that they killed all the hype around the Sakura..They could really use it to make their position on the market stronger and better, but they did some bad moves (as not releasing the official English release, and bad updating, and decision to not add RTS to the Sakura, but only M3 Reals firmware)..

But yeah, they are alive, and they did a good job on the website!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?