Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
AXYPB said:
What did it look like before?
Plain pink without links, just one pig page that had several sections, and you had to scroll down..
Now it's much more graphic, and has more section..but they added only small things, most of the content is just transfered from the old site to this one..

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Toni Plutonij said:
This is not the "bug" or anything, that's the way that Download Play works..
Still, as far as I can remember my R4 worked with Download Play even when I enabled Soft Reset and cheats... I guess it's just the way the M3 Real works. I never use the Soft Reset option anyway; Download Play works fine to a flashed DS anyway.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Maikel Steneker said:
Toni Plutonij said:
This is not the "bug" or anything, that's the way that Download Play works..
Still, as far as I can remember my R4 worked with Download Play even when I enabled Soft Reset and cheats... I guess it's just the way the M3 Real works. I never use the Soft Reset option anyway; Download Play works fine to a flashed DS anyway.
Yeah, they released a notice what that option does, and it was mentioned that it strips down/overwrites all set up on the game you're about to play, so it would improve on Download Play as much as it could..(Most of the games work with Download Play, even without that option, as long as you leave them untrimmed, or trim them with official M3 Trimmer 2.0 NOT 1.1)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
please add one of my random findings again - Somewhere:

If your press X and Y same time whilist media play (music, have not tested on vid) The volue goes to 100% - and yes tested by putting it max and min and doing this - raandom random ond random - but i found it and it is there...

The Executor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i had m3 sakura on my m3 real for a week now and it's been working perfectly( except for the homebrew which i use itouchsakura) but i tried playing a few roms, the little loading sign at the bottom freezes, the top screen says random stuff and says there's an error or something... i downloaded a mario kart ds save file yesterday and replaced my original save file with the new one. is it because i replaced the save file??? please help me and offer a solution to this problem.
(Most of my roms still work it's just More Brain Training, Pokemon Diamond, Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metal Slug 7, all US)
unsure.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The Executor said:
Hi, i had m3 sakura on my m3 real for a week now and it's been working perfectly( except for the homebrew which i use itouchsakura) but i tried playing a few roms, the little loading sign at the bottom freezes, the top screen says random stuff and says there's an error or something... i downloaded a mario kart ds save file yesterday and replaced my original save file with the new one. is it because i replaced the save file??? please help me and offer a solution to this problem.
(Most of my roms still work it's just More Brain Training, Pokemon Diamond, Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metal Slug 7, all US)
unsure.gif
Try replacing the problem roms with new, clean ones. If that still doesn't work, try backing up your MicroSD, format it then copy the files back on. That usually solves most problems.

Also, are you sure that save file you downloaded is in the right format?

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you downloaded save files that cause your games to stop booting, try to convert the saves with this. You can use the Acekard 2/Cyclo/R4/etc. .sav format for the target or the M3 Real .0 format (change the extension to .sav).

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
AXYPB said:
If you downloaded save files that cause your games to stop booting, try to convert the saves with this. You can use the Acekard 2/Cyclo/R4/etc. .sav format for the target or the M3 Real .0 format (change the extension to .sav).

Cripes, Shunyweb STILL hasn't created a download to not waste bandwidth on their site every time you want to convert a save? Mind like a steel trap, that one.

Anyways, in the very first post, or somewhere in this 18-page goliath, there's a post about cheats not working with a link to an old, dead thread about this issue that by today may no longer even apply accurately to the latest Sakura version. Well...you can link to other threads all you like until the cows come home, but it's pretty obvious that right now, a majority if not ALL cheats still aren't working for Sakura.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rigle93 said:
Does Anyone know this?:
http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl...+a_Japanese.zip

A new version of the sakura firmware
biggrin.gif
It's been out for about a week, but iamanobody always hacks the Sakura firmware to make it region-free. He doesn't log in to GBAtemp much, so we just have to wait until he does.

I already tried it on my Japanese M3 Real and I couldn't find any differences. Chrono Trigger doesn't work on it, so I'm not sure what the update was for. I wish they would release a changelog.

Nagaroth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Rigle93 said:
Does Anyone know this?:
http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl...+a_Japanese.zip

A new version of the sakura firmware
biggrin.gif
It's been out for about a week, but iamanobody always hacks the Sakura firmware to make it region-free. He doesn't log in to GBAtemp much, so we just have to wait until he does.

I already tried it on my Japanese M3 Real and I couldn't find any differences. Chrono Trigger doesn't work on it, so I'm not sure what the update was for. I wish they would release a changelog.

I've checked it myself in hopes that the method used for region locking remained the same as in previous versions, but it looks like the loader binary has received a major overhaul. I've been unable to find the region checks they used previously so I guess they've changed the way it works.

I'm no expert at this kind of hex editing so I might be completely wrong tho.

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering but does this work on the fake m3 snice I heard the fake one have trouble using the regular firmware?(I got a real m3 real but I'm just wondering
smile.gif
)

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Fake M3 Real, is actually DSTT clone or R4 clone with the Reals label! So no, you can't run Sakura, you can't run official Reals firmware and you won't have any "features" that Real has!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?