Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thedicemaster said:
JereTHEend said:
I hope someone can help me with this but i have one problem:
The sakura Randomly loses its DLDI capability, thus making Homebrew unusable from sakura. This includes Sakura's own tools aswell. I am using the triple boot version, and my microSD is 4Gb kingston SDHC C4.

Last time i remember it losing its dildi was, i booted the moonshell, turned off the console, and opened image viewer, "DLDI=default (no dldi)" and so on, would not boot.

Re-installing sakura would fix this every time, but i do not want to continue to withold with the random losing of homebrew capability, anyone else experienced same and pinpoint something to blame?
could it be you set a wallpaper in m3sakura?
that's one of the things that can mess up dldi patching.

O.o - yes, i am quite fond with setting wallpaper in sakura...
Of course, sometimes DLDI could continue functioning even tough i did place a wallpaper.

I am now using Sakuratronic skin - I am not biomechanic fan, but it is quite cool skin.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
unz said:
I realise this could sound a bit forthright, but isn't Densetsu3000 doing the official Sakura website translation for the M3 team?
Maybe he could fire off a polite email re the state of the project?I tried that already, but the answers I get are vague. I also contacted the M3 Sakura team using the e-mail on their website, but they didn't even respond to me
dry.gif
. And the English translation's been done since the day the Japanese firmware was officially released. I sent them all of the translations once they asked for permission to use it back in early June, so I doubt the translation is the reason why it's taking so long.

QUOTE(unz @ Aug 16 2008, 05:49 AM) Ah okay. Cheers and the best of luck to Densetsu3000 with his studies. Well, all that's left to do is keep on waitin' then. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Moonlight's office though.
rolleyes.gif
Thanks! Yeah, the studying is grueling, but I'd never leave you guys hanging if I knew anything about it. I've said this before and I'll say it again...I'm just as much in the dark as you guys about the release date.

Wouldn't we all like to be flies on Moonlight's office walls?
ninja.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OH, also:
The softreset file (for use with GBA exploader) does not work for me. I think i might have some newer M3DS real hardware thus making it just two black screens on softreset file found on first post - or then something is just wroong.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
I tried that already, but the answers I get are vague. I also contacted the M3 Sakura team using the e-mail on their website, but they didn't even respond to me
dry.gif
. And the English translation's been done since the day the Japanese firmware was officially released. I sent them all of the translations once they asked for permission to use it back in early June, so I doubt the translation is the reason why it's taking so long. Yeah, that's what I thought. You guys nailed the translation so fast, it simply couldn't be the problem. This delay has to be caused by something else.

Densetsu3000 said:
Thanks! Yeah, the studying is grueling, but I'd never leave you guys hanging if I knew anything about it. I've said this before and I'll say it again...I'm just as much in the dark as you guys about the release date. I hear that. My g/f is just about to get her degree, so I have some idea what you're going through with the study load. Not much fun at all, but the pay-off will be so worth it.
Thanks for taking the time to post, really appreciate that.
smile.gif

QUOTE(Densetsu3000 @ Aug 17 2008, 09:43 PM)
Wouldn't we all like to be flies on Moonlight's office walls?
ninja.gif
I imagine if Moonlight sees this conversation, he'll be ordering one of these for the office...

15zmmiv.jpg

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JereTHEend said:
OH, also:
The softreset file (for use with GBA exploader) does not work for me. I think i might have some newer M3DS real hardware thus making it just two black screens on softreset file found on first post - or then something is just wroong.
skins cause no problem, but setting a wallpaper will break loading of the dldi file.
that means, when you set a wallpaper dldi still works, but next time you load m3sakura it won't load the dldi file making it unable to dldi patch.

and for the softreset file, just use a direct dump of your m3real.
you can get it with the 3 in 1 backup tool.(don't have a link for you right now)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks dicemaster, worked WONDERFULLY.

Now, i can see also the way how i set wallpaper, launch a homebrew and nextime homebrew will not work... I like the sakuratronic so much tough that i will no more need to set wallpaper.

Thanks many times still!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
JereTHEend, thats a very nice thing to hear!! I'm happy you like Sakuratronic..
I hope official release will come soon, because that homebrew problems are really starting to be annoying and soft-reset is something that is essential with the current state of flashcarts!!

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to be Moonlight's intern. You all sell yourselves short.

I hope that the Save Backup feature evolves into some kind of integrated save file manager. I would like to be able to switch between multiple save files of Bangai-O Spirits and Band Brothers DX without plugging my MicroSD into my computer.

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should clarify that ALL commercial games work on the Sakura. Also no where have I found info about wifi and download play, so I think you should add a question like that.

Also, what are the filetypes you can use for the built-in media player?

And do we need certain folders for ROMs and such or auto-patches homebrew only in the root?

And how about DS-Wii connectivity?

treasure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY they solved the gba saving issue. i had it with DONKEY KONG COUNTRY and DRILL DOZER for example, that the save files were always something like corrupted. i could save, but when i wanted to play again and loaded them up, they were either said to be corrupted (msg from drill dozer) or were just gone (donkey kong country, which strangely remebered the chosen language though).

real time save worked though, but i prefer "in game saving". strangely, some other games worked without any problem though.

anyway they fixed all my previous gba saving problems with the NORMAL 3.9a X software, it seems. i checked some games that had problems before, and till now everything works. hopefully this fix will also be added to a later SAKURA release. i think the triple loader is helpfull and pretty perfect though, but hopefully one day it wont be needed and all missing features are added to sakura (soft-reset for example)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
FireFreek said:
I think you should clarify that ALL commercial games work on the Sakura. Also no where have I found info about wifi and download play, so I think you should add a question like that.

Also, what are the filetypes you can use for the built-in media player?

And do we need certain folders for ROMs and such or auto-patches homebrew only in the root?

And how about DS-Wii connectivity?The fact is, not all commercial ROMs work on Sakura. If the FAQ said that ALL commercial ROMs work on Sakura, it would be an inaccurate statement. It runs most ROMs, but others have reported problems running certain ROMs.

Sakura does support WiFi and Download Play. The only reason why I haven't added it is because it isn't a "frequently asked question"
biggrin.gif
But I'll go ahead and add it to the FAQ.

The supported file types for the built-in media player can be found in the M3 Sakura User Guide and on the translation to the official M3 Sakura website, both of which are linked at the top of the FAQ.

The User Guide also states that all you need for M3 Sakura to work is the SYSTEM folder. Other than the SYSTEM folder, you can have as many or as few folders as you want, in any structural organization that you want.
QUOTE(The M3 Sakura FAQ @ Jun 3 2008, 04:31 PM) At the very least, check out the User Guide. It contains the bare minimum information you need to know.
I don't know about DS-Wii connectivity, can anyone else help FireFreek with this? I'll update the FAQ once an answer to this question is posted.

*EDIT*
In addition to the supported files listed in the official homepage and User Guide, M3 Sakura also supports TXT files and the following image files: PNG, BMP, JPG. There may be more, but I haven't checked. Sakura also supports MP3, WAV, OGG, TTA audio files and DPG video files. The integrated Image Viewer supports IPK image files.

bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I use m3 sakura and I want to play a game it says something like: ''Error, savefile format''!! What's wrong? when I use m3 real software nothing is wrong, please help! I already tried formatting the micro sd to fat32 but still it doesn't work. If anyone can help me, please do!

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 Sakura also supports the 8 MB save file format for Daigasso! Band Brothers DX but it can't create it on its own. A pregenerated save file is needed to run that game.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried that one. I just got the 1-221 save files in the release thread. As far as I know, it's just a blank save file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2