Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
After they already ate your leftover Chinese and the soup you were going to have because you've come down with the flu. Swine flu.
Damn I hate it when that happens.

For the third or fourth time my microsd card (4gb) kind of "corrupted", leaving Sakura unstartable (though touchpod works). I know I can just back up all the files and format the piece of shit, but anyone know why that happens and how I could prevent it? I even started using "Eject hardware" before taking out the stick but no dice.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maurice10 said:
GreenBanana said:
After they already ate your leftover Chinese and the soup you were going to have because you've come down with the flu. Swine flu.
Damn I hate it when that happens.

For the third or fourth time my microsd card (4gb) kind of "corrupted", leaving Sakura unstartable (though touchpod works). I know I can just back up all the files and format the piece of shit, but anyone know why that happens and how I could prevent it? I even started using "Eject hardware" before taking out the stick but no dice.

Could be your micro sd reader, try getting a new one.

naz2x

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Am a new owner of DSI with the firmware 1.2 and i hav also obtained m3i zero flashed with updated f-core.

My main questions are is it okay to firmware upgrade DSI 1.4 ?

I also wanted transfer my Cyclods stuff to M3i Stuff, is it easily done ?

Lastly does hombrew game Doomds work on the flashcard M3i 0 ?

P.s. sorry if these are noobish questions
smile.gif

Many thanks

naz

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have updated my DSi to 1.4 with out any problems so has a lot of people.

i not too sure about the Cyclods(never owned one) but if u got the .sav files just copy them in the same folder as your game with the same name and you should be able use the .sav file.

with the homedrew you can check this thread. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133306
but if its not there you should be able run with touchpod, the other firmware which you can use by pressing the "A" button.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
After upgrading the firmware to 1.4 and having the latest core and upgraded firmware, many people experienced issues where the M3i Zero cart could not be detected easily by the DSi. The system would detect the card some of the time, but during gameplay the cart would freeze up, and the DSi would not recognize the cart as inserted in the main menu.

The latest firmware as seen on the first post of this page seems to have either eliminited or dramatically reduced the instances of this problem, although it seems like only the TouchPod firmware is capable of running M&L Bowser's Inside Story. If you really want to browse your DSi Store, become uninspired with Flipnote Hatena, or stare at "Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle" in your DSi menu, then go ahead and update your firmware.

So, basically it seems to work fine. It'll work even finer when they update the flipping Sakura firmware again. Because the TouchPod runs like someone left their chewing gum inside of it.

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried overwriting my previous system folder and also tried deleting the previous system folder before putting the new one on. If I try to boot into touchpod all I get is a black screen. Wouldn't be a big deal except the new pokemon games won't run on sakura. any suggestion to get this running?

Edit just tried backing up the drive formatting it and placing the system file on and trying it this time when booting into touchpod it asked me to select my language and then blackscreened after I selected it
EDIT 2 immediately after my last edit I restarted and this time it booted into touchpod without a hitch

naz2x

Trophies
XP
Country
updated DSI 1.4 and m3i 0 working 100% with doom2
smile.gif

doom 2, I'm too young to die ! setting mode
smile.gif

many thanks for your help.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
At this point I just have to ask which is the best flash card to transfer from the M3i Zero over to. The CycloDS seems to get mentioned a lot, is that any good? I guess it comes down to four specific questions:

Is the CycloDS capable of working on updating DSi firmwares? Can it work on the DSi's firmware 1.4, for example?

Do the cheat codes always work on the CycloDS? The M3 doesn't apparently support cheat codes, since as far back as Tornado the cheat codes haven't been working correctly, and even today they still don't, with cheat finders putting the blame on any firmware that isn't AceKard or CycloDS.

Does the CycloDS have a smooth-scrolling firmware with pretty skins just like the M3 Sakura? With 1-line view mode, the ability to choose any file from the menu without needing to juggle between different browsing modes like with the TouchPod?

Can save files from the M3 work just as well on the CycloDS, or are there conversions necessary? And if so, why the hell doesn't shunyweb release a frigging downloadable file already instead of wasting their own bandwidth and relying on their own server's connection to allow people to convert saves? I swear, ever since Google people have been relying too much on the internet instead of the offline reliability of their own hard drives.

naz2x

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the CycloDS capable of working on updating DSi firmwares? Can it work on the DSi's firmware 1.4, for example?

No! only works on DS lite and no go on DSI 1.4 at all.
CycloDS best card for dslite, which i upgraded from r4 card.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
Do the cheat codes always work on the CycloDS? The M3 doesn't apparently support cheat codes, since as far back as Tornado the cheat codes haven't been working correctly, and even today they still don't, with cheat finders putting the blame on any firmware that isn't AceKard or CycloDS.
im not sure whats wrong with yours but cheat codes always worked fine for me

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
GreenBanana said:
im not sure whats wrong with yours but cheat codes always worked fine for me

I get this a lot, but it really doesn't help the cheat codes magically start working, like the Infinite MP codes for FFCC Echoes of Time, or the Press Start to Refill HP code for Pokemon Heart Gold which only ever worked once and then never again, or its TWO 100% Pokeball Catch Rate codes, neither of which seem to always work. It's hard to tell whether the fault is with the card for not fixing a problem they could have fixed two years ago, or with the monopolized cheat.db distributors who don't seem interested in sorting their cheats or making sure the cheat file is clean and presentable.

As for the Cyclo team still not being up to code with DSi compatibility contrary to what I've been told by some Cyclo users, then just take my above questions and replace "CycloDS" with "Acekard2i".

Oh, and on a related note, what the hell's this about?:
http://www.m3-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=210
Someone made a cheat code to fix M3's cheat compatibility? What's that about? He doesn't even tell how to use the cheat.

And why the fuck isn't the M3Real/Sakura/i Zero/whatever listed here?: http://wiki.gbatemp.net:8080/wiki/index.ph...DS_Slot-1_Carts

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
GreenBanana said:
Someone made a cheat code to fix M3's cheat compatibility? What's that about? He doesn't even tell how to use the cheat.

that is old old old news, more than a year ago, and the DC codetype problem has been fixed for over a year also
and wtf's wrong with this always complaining this cheat doesn't work, that cheat doesn'tt work while nobody else is having those kind of problems except you

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
dsrules said:
GreenBanana said:

that is old old old news, more than a year ago, and the DC codetype problem has been fixed for over a year also
and wtf's wrong with this always complaining this cheat doesn't work, that cheat doesn'tt work while nobody else is having those kind of problems except you

But that still doesn't fix the problem. I'm using the cheat.db file that came with the firmware. It doesn't work. If it works for everyone else as you say, then all codes should work for me too. Otherwise you're just not playing all of the worthwhile games or using the worthwhile cheat codes so you're somehow missing out on the dozens of cheat codes that don't work (holding R to stop the timer in Away Shuffle Dungeon, No Status Ailments in PkmnHG, etc etc etc etc etc).

If the codes don't work, they don't work. Merely claiming they do work when I can simply witness constant empirical evidence to the contrary doesn't help, particularly as I'm just using what came with the System folder provided on this website.

How about this: What flash card would you use if the M3 didn't exist?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
on all the codes that you have mentioned, these are the only cheats I could found in the cheat database
Pokemon: Heart Gold (J)
Recover HP to 999/999 For All Pokemon (Start)
94000130 FFF70000
6211BBA4 00000000
62110DC0 00000000
B2110DC0 00000000
10049E60 000003E7
10049E64 000003E7
10049FE0 000003E7
10049FE4 000003E7
D2000000 00000000

100% Catch
92246B5A 00002801
12246B5A 00004280
D2000000 00000000

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (U)
MP Never Decrease
Character 1
DA000000 0212307A
D7000000 02123076
D2000000 00000000

I don't play Pokemon, but by the looks of the code, if it doesn't work on your M3Real then blame it on the code not on the flashcart
as for FF:CC, the MP code is working perfectly

the only other thing to say is, cheats is not on your side.. which is a good thing to play games without any cheats

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
dsrules said:
on all the codes that you have mentioned, these are the only cheats I could found in the cheat database
Pokemon: Heart Gold (J)
Recover HP to 999/999 For All Pokemon (Start)
94000130 FFF70000
6211BBA4 00000000
62110DC0 00000000
B2110DC0 00000000
10049E60 000003E7
10049E64 000003E7
10049FE0 000003E7
10049FE4 000003E7
D2000000 00000000

100% Catch
92246B5A 00002801
12246B5A 00004280
D2000000 00000000

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (U)
MP Never Decrease
Character 1
DA000000 0212307A
D7000000 02123076
D2000000 00000000

I don't play Pokemon, but by the looks of the code, if it doesn't work on your M3Real then blame it on the code not on the flashcart
as for FF:CC, the MP code is working perfectly

the only other thing to say is, cheats is not on your side.. which is a good thing to play games without any cheats

You like wasting effort, don't you?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
if you really want a flashcart that has the best AR compatiability, I say go with Acekard 2i
even the Backlight codes will work on it

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
I might want to wait and see if they catch on to what the iPlayer did and adopt a slot-1 solution for the GBA. The Dingoo seems to lack an internal clock for those Pokemon RuSaEm secret base trainer battles you can only do once a day. Plus carrying TWO devices is a waste of pocket space.

The only thing is nobody seems awake on the Acekard2i's side, and don't even know if it has 1-line display mode like Sakura.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the reason the iplayer was able to adopt a slot1 GBA Emulator is becuase it has all that extra power for decoding videos which M3 can't and won't unless they decide to make another version that has more power like an "m3i zerovid"XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1