Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

iL0VECO0KiEs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. And a quick answer is appreciated.
When i play on the m3 sakura, my pokemon soul silver won't load its save file. But when i play on touchpod it works just fine, yeah its the same name and everything. It just won't load on m3 sakura and i want to play on m3 sakura cuz touchpod is slow as ***k!!

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iL0VECO0KiEs said:
I need help. And a quick answer is appreciated.
When i play on the m3 sakura, my pokemon soul silver won't load its save file. But when i play on touchpod it works just fine, yeah its the same name and everything. It just won't load on m3 sakura and i want to play on m3 sakura cuz touchpod is slow as ***k!!

Sakura doesn't work with it. You have to use TouchPod.

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Expect a new Sakura update sometime this week/weekend, the M3 team have been waiting until all big games are released so they dont have to release multiple sakura versions in one week.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Matt140 said:
Expect a new Sakura update sometime this week/weekend, the M3 team have been waiting until all big games are released so they dont have to release multiple sakura versions in one week.

System V4.4a X (Europe/USA) is available! -.-
http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

QUOTEChange Log of 15-09-2009 4.4a x
===============================
1.Solve the problem of adding the soft-rest function for Game 4174
2.Solve randomize freeze problem for Game 4168,4169
3.Fix the compatibility of game 4085(Chinese Edition),4171

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Anyone got a Sakura + Touchpod 4.4a X52 bundle? (I really need to learn how to do that myself :\)
I'm uploading the new firmware package right now, but if you ever want to do it yourself, just open the TouchPod SYSTEM folder, sort the files by the date modified, and transfer only the newest files into the Sakura SYSTEM folder.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Anyone got a Sakura + Touchpod 4.4a X52 bundle? (I really need to learn how to do that myself :\)
I'm uploading the new firmware package right now, but if you ever want to do it yourself, just open the TouchPod SYSTEM folder, sort the files by the date modified, and transfer only the newest files into the Sakura SYSTEM folder.

Yah I figured that out about 10 minutes ago, too bad it doesn't actually work in Sakura I wonder why it doesn't even after copying over the new touchpod files...there must be some file in the m3sakura folder that controls the part that loads from touchpod.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
I'm a bit confused about these recent updates. Exactly what is the benefit of installing the latest firmware if it's only the iTouch that's been updated, and the Sakura stays the same? As anyone who's used the Sakura firmware can vouch, the iTouch firmware is still far surpassed by the M3 Simply firmware. This isn't new news, though, so I'm genuinely confused about why the iTouch continues to receive support when the Sakura's menu navigation is actually acceptable and aesthetically beautiful. I'm genuinely and profoundly confused over this issue, and appreciate any explanation concerning why the clunky and stifling iTouch firmware keeps getting top billing for updates.

Thank you for your time.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GreenBanana said:
I'm a bit confused about these recent updates. Exactly what is the benefit of installing the latest firmware if it's only the iTouch that's been updated, and the Sakura stays the same? As anyone who's used the Sakura firmware can vouch, the iTouch firmware is still far surpassed by the M3 Simply firmware. This isn't new news, though, so I'm genuinely confused about why the iTouch continues to receive support when the Sakura's menu navigation is actually acceptable and aesthetically beautiful. I'm genuinely and profoundly confused over this issue, and appreciate any explanation concerning why the clunky and stifling iTouch firmware keeps getting top billing for updates.

Thank you for your time.
Well, I'll have a go..........

Firstly, Touchpod is the original M3DSReal firmware, NOT iTouch - G6/M3 Team have always retained it's firmware and have always included it as a "dual boot" for Sakura owners. But, believe it or not, there's still plenty of users out there still loyal to the 'old' Real firmware. At least with Touchpod we can stil play it

That said, it still baffles me why they can't update all firmwares at once, especially their "latest & greatest Sakura".

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Just wondering if you had tried this SYSTEM folder uploaded and if Touchpod loads, because I only get a black screen. I had already tried to replace the files myself previously with the exact same result. Knowing "your work", I had high hopes your files would work for me. BTW, Sakura 1.41 4.3j loads just fine.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Just wondering if you had tried this SYSTEM folder uploaded and if Touchpod loads, because I only get a black screen. I had already tried to replace the files myself previously with the exact same result. Knowing "your work", I had high hopes your files would work for me. BTW, Sakura 1.41 4.3j loads just fine.
Hmmm...that's strange. I didn't do anything different when transferring the new TouchPod files to the Sakura SYSTEM folder.

I just tested it and I was able to boot into TouchPod without a hitch, but I'm using the Japanese firmware. At the moment I don't have my US/EUR M3 Real with me, but I can test it when I get home. So far you're the first person to present with this problem, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

jerbl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No black screen here, on the US M3 Real cart, but the loading screen for Touchpod still says 4.3j guess I could go get the official release and check myself to see if that was changed or not.

Thanks for the neat little package that makes it so easy for us lazy people!

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about 'ye olde loading screen' that comes with that actual package, I guess the mind is really the first thing that goes.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
GreenBanana said:

Thank you for your time.

Firstly, Touchpod is the original M3DSReal firmware, NOT iTouch - G6/M3 Team have always retained it's firmware and have always included it as a "dual boot" for Sakura owners. But, believe it or not, there's still plenty of users out there still loyal to the 'old' Real firmware. At least with Touchpod we can stil play it

That said, it still baffles me why they can't update all firmwares at once, especially their "latest & greatest Sakura".
It just seems so odd to me that despite having the latest dual-boot firmware, I can only play Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story on M3Real firmware as opposed to the smooth Sakura. I'm still waiting on minor fixes to Sakura like displaying the full cheat code name on the top screen and changing the font in the cheat code screen to match up with the Skins so you don't end up with black text on a black background. But then maybe I should check out MLBIS on Sakura again. That game has some absurdly long pauses when fading in and out to and from black that I'm afraid it's frozen up every time.

It's just a major design hassle one to have all those icons at the start for the PDA and GBA and what have you, needing to switch the folders to use NES emulation, and scrolling through the games is atrocious unless you only have four games on your card. It just seems like the navigation of M3Real fw isn't something that's easy to overlook and wouldn't grate on you after two clicks.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Hmmm...that's strange. I didn't do anything different when transferring the new TouchPod files to the Sakura SYSTEM folder.

I just tested it and I was able to boot into TouchPod without a hitch, but I'm using the Japanese firmware. At the moment I don't have my US/EUR M3 Real with me, but I can test it when I get home. So far you're the first person to present with this problem, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Thanks mate, how dare I question you testing it 1st!
rolleyes.gif

I've got it working after I restored my prior working SYSTEM folder and copied over it with the one you have provided. Previously, I removed my folder completely and copied yours onto my micrsod.....therefore, I have presumed your SYSTEM folder has some necessary files missing
unsure.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
GreenBanana said:

Thank you for your time.

It just seems so odd to me that despite having the latest dual-boot firmware, I can only play Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story on M3Real firmware as opposed to the smooth Sakura. I'm still waiting on minor fixes to Sakura like displaying the full cheat code name on the top screen and changing the font in the cheat code screen to match up with the Skins so you don't end up with black text on a black background. But then maybe I should check out MLBIS on Sakura again. That game has some absurdly long pauses when fading in and out to and from black that I'm afraid it's frozen up every time.

It's just a major design hassle one to have all those icons at the start for the PDA and GBA and what have you, needing to switch the folders to use NES emulation, and scrolling through the games is atrocious unless you only have four games on your card. It just seems like the navigation of M3Real fw isn't something that's easy to overlook and wouldn't grate on you after two clicks.

No one knows why they continue to update touchpod, but the reason that the new Mario and Luigi only works on touchpod right now even though you're using the new dual boot they still have to update a few files in the actual sakura folder for it to work on Sakura (it would make more sense for sakura to just load the game loader directly from the touchpod file though so we wouldn't have to wait for a new sakura we could just combine the latest sakura with the new touchpod and it'd work >.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Yeah, I always figured TouchPod and Sakura used the same game patch thingy when loading games, but apparently they don't. Maybe for some reason the interpreters for the firmwares are different? Which doesn't make sense to me. Though I don't pretend to understand how this works any more than I understand what David Lynch wanted people to think he was getting at with Twin Peaks. Sakura just seems so clean cut and straightforward while TouchPod seems blatantly gimmicky. It's kind of like buying yourself a pizza, saving the rest of it in the fridge, and someone else eats it up on you. After they already ate your leftover Chinese and the soup you were going to have because you've come down with the flu. Swine flu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.