Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD ?!

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make it clear that we are on the same page. Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of Time (and Skyward Sword)!

All opinions are subjective. That being said, I like the TP story the best.

However I didn't find solving the puzzles very rewarding, which means I didn't have the best time playing it.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this community Wind Waker to Twilight Princess was like Super Smash Bros. Melee to Brawl in the Smash community. They were both great IMO.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, man, I love TP and can't wait to see it in HD. Though I think I'll save my hype for when it's actually announced.
I do hope it gets the same treatment as WWHD and they rework some of the parts that were kinda slow - most people complain about the intro or the tears of light parts. And I do agree that it should let you choose your control scheme.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just to make it clear that we are on the same page. Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of Time (and Skyward Sword)!
I actually agree. I only started with Zelda with Ocarina 3D, but I loved it and picked up Skyward Sword, which I also thought was pretty great. But then I ordered Twilight Princess from the internet, and the first first few hours of uncertainty about the game I grew to love it.

I'd put 3D Zelda in this order: Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask.

I will prepare for butthurt replies from people who think one person's opinion changes everything.

Last edited by MarioFanatic64,

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
How interesting to know that someone rather have TP on their 3DS and that someone else thinks that this game is better than that game.
And let's not forget the people that thinks that Nintendo shouldn't spend time on anything other than Zelda U because surely they are the same development team.

Last edited by SnAQ,

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How interesting to know that someone rather have TP on their 3DS and that someone else thinks that this game is better than that game.
And let's not forget the people that thinks that Nintendo shouldn't spend time on anything other than Zelda U because surely they are the same development team.
All that's missing is some good old fashioned Nintendoomed!

Reactions: Kikirini and SnAQ

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah, not another remake! I want a NEW Zelda Wii U game!
But then again, it's not like I don't welcome a remake of Twilight Princess. I still own an original copy of that game.

And a new one is coming. Personally I don't mind the remakes. It isn't taking away from the development of the new Zelda U (presumably anyway, they usually give the remakes to a different group to work on, like with OOT and MM.) Plus I think Twilight Princess will benefit more from such an update as long as it's done the way Wind Waker was (better textures, new lighting, etc.) as it looks a little... muddy as it is. But as I said as long as Zelda U is still actively being worked on I welcome any remakes that may happen until it's release, as it gives me a reason to go back through a game I already enjoyed in beautiful HD. And yes I'm aware it's possible with dolphin but since my pc can basically run wii and gc like a slideshow at anything above regular resolution and only using an xbox controller, I'm all for this if it's real. (Besides, I bet things like inventory and the tedious pressing z to become a wolf would be fixed, much the way that Wind Waker gained the swift sail to make sailing less... boring.)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm all for a TP remake but I would rather have Zelda U first. TP would look gorgeous in HD though, even if all they did was improve the shading a bunch and didn't upres any of the textures or models. It already looks great in Dolphin.

The community has shown for a long time some bashing for tp and admiration for ww that I just can't share.
I find tp beautiful and ww slow and boring.
And oot and alttp above both of them.
No reason to go with the flow, really.
They fixed WW with WWHD, it's no longer slow.
I'll only get it if the option for motion controls AND standard controls are both in the game.
I would expect that, it's likely to use the gamepad like WWHD.

Twilight Princess needed a facelift more than Wind Waker did. I feel WW got the nod initially because it was otherwise unplayable on the Wii U (unless you were Crediar) while TP had a Wii version that was playable on The U. Just cleaning up some of the textures could go a long way to making an already beautiful game much more-so.

If you want dark and grim, look no further than Majora's Mask. I mean, how much grimmer does it get than facing the apocalypse? Seeing people change from one day to the next as they come to the realization that the world is about to end and how they all deal with the end of the world... that's pretty grim.
Ocarina of Time is more dark and grim than Majora's Mask to be honest, at least as Adult Link. Majora's Mask is about preventing the apocalypse, but Ocarina of Time is basically post-apocalyptic.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
And a new one is coming. Personally I don't mind the remakes. It isn't taking away from the development of the new Zelda U (presumably anyway, they usually give the remakes to a different group to work on, like with OOT and MM.) Plus I think Twilight Princess will benefit more from such an update as long as it's done the way Wind Waker was (better textures, new lighting, etc.) as it looks a little... muddy as it is. But as I said as long as Zelda U is still actively being worked on I welcome any remakes that may happen until it's release, as it gives me a reason to go back through a game I already enjoyed in beautiful HD. And yes I'm aware it's possible with dolphin but since my pc can basically run wii and gc like a slideshow at anything above regular resolution and only using an xbox controller, I'm all for this if it's real. (Besides, I bet things like inventory and the tedious pressing z to become a wolf would be fixed, much the way that Wind Waker gained the swift sail to make sailing less... boring.)

I agree with you there. I'd love a proper HD remake of the game, too. I've tried using some better textures mods on Dolphin, but as you said, it's unstable and meh at best. At any rate, I'd rather have them do a good job at Zelda Wii U than rush it.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for a TP remake but I would rather have Zelda U first. TP would look gorgeous in HD though, even if all they did was improve the shading a bunch and didn't upres any of the textures or models. It already looks great in Dolphin.

They fixed WW with WWHD, it's no longer slow.

I would expect that, it's likely to use the gamepad like WWHD.

Ocarina of Time is more dark and grim than Majora's Mask to be honest, at least as Adult Link. Majora's Mask is about preventing the apocalypse, but Ocarina of Time is basically post-apocalyptic.
I don't care much for standard controls. I like my waggle controls.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't care much for standard controls. I like my waggle controls.
Oh, I thought you wanted standard controls.
Well it might be gamepad only, but even then it would probably support motion control aiming. I've already waggled my way through the game once so I wouldn't mind having to play it with traditional controls this time around, even though I like sword waggling.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought you wanted standard controls.
Well it might be gamepad only, but even then it would probably support motion control aiming. I've already waggled my way through the game once so I wouldn't mind having to play it with traditional controls this time around, even though I like sword waggling.

I get Wind Waker HD not havin waggle. It never had any but I'm sure that the original Wii created a lot of first time Zelda and Nintendo gamers so a good majority of them are used to waggle. No need to alienate your newly collected audience when you could just support both sides of your coin :)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LoZ-TP_Dolphin+SweetFX+TexPack.jpg

I figured I'd share this in the hopes of a proper HD release of Twilight Princess. This is a screenshot from Dolphin. Here I'm playing the GameCube release of the game using a modified version of Dolphin called Ishiiruka Dolphin, which has customized shader effects and settings, combined with the Twilight Princess NTSC widescreen patch AR code and a hires texture pack.
I personally don't have a YouTube video up for this (thinking about it), however the one that caught my eye is here. This is also where I obtained the modded emulator and texture pack, just follow the links if you want to give this a whirl. You'll notice a few differences between my screenshot and the video, though. I did not turn fog off in the emulator, use DoF or disable the vanilla TP bloom effect (I know a lot of people hate that bloom effect, but for some reason the game looks wrong without it, same with the fog, at least in my opinion). Like I said in my last post, TP on Dolphin would be a good and easy way to play if you can't wait for the official HD rerelease :)

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,
Reactions: EarlAB

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm just waiting for True Form Midna in HD...oh god...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just realized...you know those mini dungeons in the game? What if Nintendo did a Zelda Maker and allowed us to create our own mini dungeons and it was included with TPHD? Isn't that a good idea? Plus they might be able to utilize the GameCube Adaptor!

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just waiting for True Form Midna in HD...oh god...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just realized...you know those mini dungeons in the game? What if Nintendo did a Zelda Maker and allowed us to create our own mini dungeons and it was included with TPHD? Isn't that a good idea? Plus they might be able to utilize the GameCube Adaptor!
A 3D dungeon creator is a lot more complicated than a 2D tile-based level creator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?