Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
I am currently in the 3rd dungeon and I got the wind item. The room after it which I think is the main room the only thing I have access to is a bomb but I dont see anything to blow up within the room. What can I do at this point?
To the left of the door where you came after getting the gust bellow and the map (you are at the main central room, right?), there is a closed gate with a fan like thingy at the top of it. Blow it to open the gate. Enter it and you'll see that your path is covered by sinking sand. Open your map and you'll see a path under the sand, just like in the desert.
I still read your hint and I was unable to finish the room. The fans you mentioned are on the other side of the door so I cannot reach it. Here are some pictures I took for visual aid.

http://i.imgur.com/0EX8E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SFlRQ.jpg
It's not the central gate, the central one you'll open from behind it, the central one is one of the gates that you just open to make it easy to get back there (you make the whole way around it and then open it so you don't have to make that path again). It's the one gate to your left. See the sand tank with the path in the map? It's just to your left. There is a vane or something just above the gate, open it and pass through the sand to the other side.

No, there's a pressure switch on the other side of the left gate. I'm stuck on that part too.

MikeFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm stuck in ancient cistern. I hit the 4 gem stones and even have my whip. I pulled the first switch to stop the water fall and open the fish mouth... but now what? it only leads to a barred off door and theres no where else to go.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm stuck at Din's Silent Realm:
Collected 14 of the tears, but I can't seem to reach the last one no matter which direction I come from. It's on the left side of the map. It seems to be either blocked by rocks or bars from every direction, and I ran out of time so now I'm running away from the "reapers" constantly.

Edit: This one
jshot20111116205555.png
Edit: Oh duh didn't see the hole in the cliff.

Nizireth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm stuck at Din's Silent Realm:
Collected 14 of the tears, but I can't seem to reach the last one no matter which direction I come from. It's on the left side of the map. It seems to be either blocked by rocks or bars from every direction, and I ran out of time so now I'm running away from the "reapers" constantly.

Can you post a screen shot or even a photo of the screen? Map or better yet viewing the beacon? I can't quite remember what you mean by your explanation. I know none of them was exceptionally tricky, so we should be able to explain it to you then. Sorry :(

EDIT: Haha, glad you weren't stuck too long. Enjoy what's left of the game, it's great.

Nitromaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First temple:
Hit the switch in the room with the two spiders, which flooded the main room somewhat. Then got the Dungeon Map. However i have no idea what to do next, it looks like i need to climb up the vines on the right side of the room...there's a log which is now floating, but when i dash off it i'm not high enough to reach the vines? Any ideas?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
First temple:
Hit the switch in the room with the two spiders, which flooded the main room somewhat. Then got the Dungeon Map. However i have no idea what to do next, it looks like i need to climb up the vines on the right side of the room...there's a log which is now floating, but when i dash off it i'm not high enough to reach the vines? Any ideas?
There are two rooms with switches. You have to raise the water level higher.

Netsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok seems I'm at the end of the game. but I'm missing 15 crystals? have talked to everyone in town but haven't found anything, can you help please?

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't land into Faron Woods, only to Sealed Grounds, I already have the 2 other parts of the song, how can I talk to the Water Dragon if I can't get inside Faron Woods?

enter sealed grounds and an event happens

yeah figured it out just right after posting it, I beat the game an hour ago, thank you very much anyway!!

Another thing, where do I get the hylian shield? Is it even in the game?

Netsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah you get it:
just go back to the thunder dragon in the desert and play the battle game. don't quit before you have not defeated all 8 bosses in the game, then you will get the shield.

Fedex14, do you know where to get the last 10 gratitude crystals?

Vicious23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok seems I'm at the end of the game. but I'm missing 15 crystals? have talked to everyone in town but haven't found anything, can you help please?

There are crystals laying around skyloft at night.
Beedle gives you crystals, and you can apparently go to the Lumpy pumpkin at night and find more crystals. I think there's a bed there.

I found a rattle in Skyloft. Who do I give it to?

Probably the potion shop family.
They have the only baby in skyloft

Netsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok need one more quest, then I have got all 80 gratitude crystals. does anybody know to which person I must talk to activate the last part of the sidequest? (beedle done already)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

go to the potionshop owner at night
Thanks.
I seem to be stuck at Levias (or whatever his name is) at the moment. Defeated all the eyes but the head just hides every time I get near it. What am I supposed to do?

Vicious23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks.
I seem to be stuck at Levias (or whatever his name is) at the moment. Defeated all the eyes but the head just hides every time I get near it. What am I supposed to do?

hit the stuff he shoots at you with your sword.
Depending on how you swing your sword, the shots will go in different directions.
swing horizontal to hit his left and right fin. then vertical to hit his eye when he opens it wide open.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Thanks.

hit the stuff he shoots at you with your sword.
Depending on how you swing your sword, the shots will go in different directions.
swing horizontal to hit his left and right fin. then vertical to hit his eye when he opens it wide open.
He's not shooting anything, and he's too far away from any islands for my sword to be of any use anyway.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody has a list of where to find the gratitude crystal lying around at night?

Of course, I'd ask a list of NPC giving them in quests too, but this seems too much to ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste