Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is driving my friend and me absolutely mad here... I've already beaten the game, so I know what should happen, but it's almost like his game has suffered a fatal glitch that makes this part literally impossible to complete...
When you are collecting the 4 parts of the Song of the Hero, I know that you are supposed to find each of the dragons and get their pieces of the song. He's already got two of the parts - from the Water Dragon and the Thunder Dragon. Now he has to go to Eldin for the piece of the song from the Fire Dragon.

I know that once you descend into Eldin, you are supposed to get caught in a volcanic eruption and have your items stolen. However, this cutscene never happens for him. When descending into Eldin, Fi gives him the choice of where to descend, and he can freely roam around. There's no way to get up to the Fire dragon because, during the eruption, molten rocks start to flow through the lava, allowing you to get to the Dragon. However, since the volcano never erupted for his game, there are no rocks.

Please, we seriously need some help here. We're both totally stumped, and he can't beat his game until this is resolved. We both really appreciate any help. Thanks!!

Sounds really weird. I just did that part and this is sort of what I remember:
Was asked to get the song. Helped the flying whale-dragon. "Fixed" the lightning dragon, and did sidequest for shield and heart-piece.
Went to the volcano and got caught after the eruption. Sneaked my way to the fire dragon.
Then I went to the forest and helped Grouse again.

Probably did some sidequests in between. What does Fi tell you to do?

I'm stucked at this part as well. Maybe the sidequest is not an sidequest? Maybe is mandatory? Because the vulcan eruption never starts, no matter what I do... I'm afraid to have to start all over again and do this part going to Faron Woods, Eldin Vulcan and Lanayru Desert, in this order...

I thought it was my game file (I was playing the leaked one) but already downloaded the proper one and it does the same thing.

If you land at the Vulcan Entry, Fi tells you to look for two Mogmas by three tends. If you land somewhere else, she tells you another thing.
One thing that he did was use Scrapper the Robot to bring up a Mogma for the lady at The Lumpy Pumpkin to dig with. He had to descend into a non-erupted Eldin for this sidequest. Maybe that's why? He's for certain got both of the other parts of the song. He has the Hylian Shield from the Thunder Dragon and Faron is already unflooded since he already found all the music note fish.

Hmmm, I didn't get the Hylian Shield yet but already got the other two song parts and sent that Old Mogma to Lumpy Pumpkin. But the shield quest and this Lumpy Pumpkin are sidequests that aren't meant to disturb the main quest like this. I'm starting to wonder if it will work with another Wii loader setup... I'll search some other topics before.
It's not the loader, that's for sure. My friend and I are both using storebought games and his Wii is 100% up to date with no softmods.
I know that the sidequests shouldn't disturb the main quest, but it could be a bug in the game's code. For example, something like this happened in Metroid Other M if I recall. If you turned backwards at one point in the game and saved, one door became locked forever and you couldn't go on. This could be similar. Help the Mogma before you visit the Fire Dragon, prevent the eruption cutscene and make your game unbeatable...

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not the loader, that's for sure. My friend and I are both using storebought games and his Wii is 100% up to date with no softmods.
I know that the sidequests shouldn't disturb the main quest, but it could be a bug in the game's code. For example, something like this happened in Metroid Other M if I recall. If you turned backwards at one point in the game and saved, one door became locked forever and you couldn't go on. This could be similar. Help the Mogma before you visit the Fire Dragon, prevent the eruption cutscene and make your game unbeatable...

What does Fi say?

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil

What does Fi say?

Yeah, learned that was not the loader fault.

Fi says that I learned two songs parts and now I need to go to Eldin Province and search hot places that I couldn't explore before. I know there's a cave, inside the volcano, that has a lava river and and water drop tree (I saw because of the beetle). I don't know if this part is related with the volcano eruption or not.

I can't cross this lava river and enter a door, by the lava river (outside the volcano), near the Earth Temple (passing some tends).

edit: this question may look dumb but its strange: on volcano summit (the place with the lava river without bridge), before entering the next screen (the tunnel, with thirst frog faces, before Fire Sanctuary), there's a red chuchu, right?

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What does Fi say?

Yeah, learned that was not the loader fault.

Fi says that I learned two songs parts and now I need to go to Eldin Province and search hot places that I couldn't explore before. I know there's a cave, inside the volcano, that has a lava river and and water drop tree (I saw because of the beetle). I don't know if this part is related with the volcano eruption or not.

I can't cross this lava river and enter a door, by the lava river (outside the volcano), near the Earth Temple (passing some tends).

edit: this question may look dumb but its strange: on volcano summit (the place with the lava river without bridge), before entering the next screen (the tunnel, with thirst frog faces, before Fire Sanctuary), there's a red chuchu, right?
Ditto for what Fi says.
@your edit: There's a chuchu there at first, but during and after the eruption, it's gone. For my friend's game, since the eruption won't happen for him, the chuchu is there. For my game, it's not.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
What you could try, if your friend lives nearby, is copy his save and try it on your Wii.
Im not sure if it would make a difference, but maybe, just maybe, theres something messed up with his Wii.

Its a really weird issue. But, since his Wii isnt modded and hes using a retail copy (if I understood it correctly?), he could try calling nintendo *shivers* and ask wtf is going on.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm now in the fourth dungeon and I am infront of a

glowing triforce like thing were I can draw stuff on the wall. what do I need to draw ? is there some secret ?

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
You can draw many things to get items. Try to find Gossip Stones to get tips about drawing. But it is pretty obvious... :P

------------------------------------

Now, about the fire dragon problem: I got the Hylian Shield! yay But the cutscene won't appear. I'll talk to everyone again. Maybe I'm forgetting someone.

BTW some Gamefaqs user is having the same issue: http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/answers?qid=302693

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I know that you can get rupees and hearts, but I thought that I have to draw something ultra secret to get heart containers xD

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you could try, if your friend lives nearby, is copy his save and try it on your Wii.
Im not sure if it would make a difference, but maybe, just maybe, theres something messed up with his Wii.

Its a really weird issue. But, since his Wii isnt modded and hes using a retail copy (if I understood it correctly?), he could try calling nintendo *shivers* and ask wtf is going on.
We've already tried it in my Wii. No difference. Yep, not modded at all, not sure how he lives with that... And we called Nintendo already. Basically, they said that they can't help us because we're probably doing something wrong and it's not something wrong with the game. Oh well, I guess he's just going to have to start his game over. Thanks for trying guys

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
We've already tried it in my Wii. No difference. Yep, not modded at all, not sure how he lives with that... And we called Nintendo already. Basically, they said that they can't help us because we're probably doing something wrong and it's not something wrong with the game. Oh well, I guess he's just going to have to start his game over. Thanks for trying guys

Man that sucks.... useless nintendo >_

Reactions: 1 person

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil

I took the same decision: after 55+ hours spent, I'm starting all over again. But I made a strategy: I picked the first save file to use on game's progress, the second one to act like a backup (if something goes wrong) and the last one to keep the old game progress. I'll play the first file for a day, for example, check if everything is fine (working like it should be) and backuping it before shuting down Wii. And repeat and repeat. I'm praying it works.

BTW (2): is there a way to send the game file for someone from Nintendo to check? Just wondering calling for help won't works... right?

edit: now there are more people complaining about the game glitches http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/61162895

Maybe it's the boss rush that's causing all this :(

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know that you can get rupees and hearts, but I thought that I have to draw something ultra secret to get heart containers xD
The Goron near the sealed temple has a heart piece if you draw something for him.
---------------

And I didn't even know it was possible to go to the lighting dragon before the fire dragon. didn't Fi say go to the volcano after the forest
Oh well, maybe a cheat will come out to fix this. like with Metroid.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
And I didn't even know it was possible to go to the lighting dragon before the fire dragon. didn't Fi say go to the volcano after the forest
Oh well, maybe a cheat will come out to fix this. like with Metroid.

mmm no. She guided me to the desert area after faron woods.
The volcano is after the forest when you are chasing Zelda, but when you are chasing the dragons the desert is after the forest.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I started this game over the long holiday break and it's freaking amazing. I was wondering. When you get the love letter from Groose's fat sidekick (can't remember the name) you have the choice to give it to the hand in the bathroom or to the girl in the study. Does it matter which one you give it to? Like does it change later side quests or does it just result in 5 gratitude crystals either way and nothing is effected later on in the game?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I started this game over the long holiday break and it's freaking amazing. I was wondering. When you get the love letter from Groose's fat sidekick (can't remember the name) you have the choice to give it to the hand in the bathroom or to the girl in the study. Does it matter which one you give it to? Like does it change later side quests or does it just result in 5 gratitude crystals either way and nothing is effected later on in the game?
Either way will result in 5 gratitude crystals.

The only noticeable effects of your decisions:
Giving the letter to Karane will result in Karane and Pipit (the senior student in yellow) hooking up. Giving it to the hand in the toilet won't result in anything afterwards.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Either way will result in 5 gratitude crystals.

The only noticeable effects of your decisions:
Giving the letter to Karane will result in Karane and Pipit (the senior student in yellow) hooking up. Giving it to the hand in the toilet won't result in anything afterwards.

It's good to know that my choice won't prevent me from getting all of the goodies this game has to offer. I hate it when a choice in a game prevents certain things from happening, especially if these things are AWESOME.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello all,

I am playing this game and am stuck on Pumpkin landing. How do I call my bird and get off the Island?
I tried jumping off all the edges, but I get thrown back there....

I don't know how to get off it!

Thanks for your help!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol