The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom announced, features playable Zelda

The Legend of Zelda is getting a new entry, in the form of Echoes of Wisdom. Styled in the same way as 2019's The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, it's an isometric 2D Zelda game, featuring Princess Zelda herself as the playable character. Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma wanted to try a new gameplay style for this title, which has players use "echoes" to fight and solve puzzles instead of Link's typical equipment. Zelda can take items and create echoes of them, like tables, beds, or other items, to help you climb and traverse the world. You can also create echoes of enemies, to make them fight on your behalf.

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom will release on September 26.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The core mechanic seems very powerful. I don't see how it won't inevitably trivialize combat.

So either the game will be entirely silly and light or the gameplay focus will be on solving puzzles.

ftjiso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
i don't mind playing as zelda i just wishes it was still the main character swinging the sword instead. this looks very puzzle heavy compared to the other zelda games

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay... we finally get to play as Link... :tpi:

But honestly, look at Hyrule... The castle, the position of it with death mountain and she's standing at lake hylia.... Is this LTTP Hyrule???

Even the opening intro fight screamed LTTP Gannon fight!
I was thinking this too. The placement of Hyrule Castle and Death Mountain seemed quite close to LttP. Pretty sure I saw Dekus in that trailer too though so idk...

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would have preffered different artsyle (or a new map), but at least it looks better than yet another remaster/remake.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love it if the world were designed in a way as to allow a NG+ mode with Link playing through it traditionally. I do think the mechanics look super fun, and I've been wanting to play as Zelda for years, but having something of a hero's quest would seriously round out the experience and really let you appreciate the way you solved problems using Zelda.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it won't from what i can see you have one item: the wand and you use it to copy and paste shit to solve puzzles or conjure minions to fight for you. basically they turned zelda into a puzzle game. PASS
What is this comment. The series has been completely centered around puzzle solving since LTTP... Have you never played any of the games past NES Zelda 2?

wow a game that play nothing like Zelda. seem like another trash game like the peach one
Or this comment. This game looks like it plays very much like a traditional style Zelda, just with more of a "swiss army knife" kind of item at your disposal from the start. The combat is the only thing that feels substantially different. While I would prefer to use a sword, i'd be more upset about this change if I actually liked the combat in any of the prior games. I don't.

It's the puzzle solving and dungeon crawling that has come to define the franchise. And that still seems very much intact here.

Reactions: Pleng and Nephiel

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you wouldn't think they could ruin 3 zelda games in a row...but there it is
Very true that weapons breaking crap and build shit to progress and such like totk and botk is total crap!!! Ruins the game also makes it not a true zelda game... I mean before you found your way into a dungeon got an item that helps you progress and you did... But now all this building mixing cooking shit is not a zelda game??? My god did yall see in that trailer where she built steps with that rod to get ontop of trees that you normally could not get ontop of in a top down zelda game out of bounds much??? What gives there is nothing cool about that at all really remnds of me totk and botw really disapointing like when are we ever gonna get a real zelda game again with stunning visuals from the newer hardware??? its like theyre forcing everyone to play into the new way they setup botw and totk in every new enrty??? Not not everyone likes that shit my 2 cents lol

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very true that weapons breaking crap and build shit to progress and such like totk and botk is total crap!!! Ruins the game also makes it not a true zelda game... I mean before you found your way into a dungeon got an item that helps you progress and you did... But now all this building mixing cooking shit is not a zelda game??? My god did yall see in that trailer where she built steps wit that rod to get ontop of trees that you normally could not get ontop of in a top down zelda game??? What gives there is nothing cool about that at all really remnds me totk and botw really disapointing like when are we ever gonna get a real zelda game again with stunning visuals from the newer hardware??? its like theyre forcing everyone to play into the new way they setup botw and totk in every new enrty??? Not not everyone likes that shit my 2 cents lol
That was an aggressive two cents.
I'm not the biggest fan of BotWs hunter-gatherer style but I CAN see the widespread appeal. There's a reason both of those games won so many awards--they do a good job of appealing to a lot of people. Even perhaps at the expense of some more hard-core Zelda fans.
I can also appreciate a return to form which this game appears to be providing.

Reactions: gisel213

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling some of these people that are complaining about the gameplay, would have still complained if it was just Zelda with a sword.

Yes. Most people aren't stuck in the 90's like you and Nintendo.
I guess people prefer waiting 5-10 years for games, only for them to be a live service mess.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was an aggressive two cents.
I'm not the biggest fan of BotWs hunter-gatherer style but I CAN see the widespread appeal. There's a reason both of those games won so many awards--they do a good job of appealing to a lot of people. Even perhaps at the expense of some more hard-core Zelda fans.
I can also appreciate a return to form which this game appears to be providing.
Look at that trailer again... not only the building a way i was talking about with bypassing the trees totk style but it shows the items menu being scolled... if you look at it closely you will see a long set from left to right jof items just like tok and botw this means your gonna have tons of items to build combine and so forth... meaning guess what the same crap in totk and botw but now in top down 2d zelda shit is trifling forcing us to do the same shit in 2d zelda now??? It would be no surprise if the rod's or echoes break too lol... This game is horrific LMAO :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Post automatically merged:

I have a feeling some of these people that are complaining about the gameplay, would have still complained if it was just Zelda with a sword.

I guess people prefer waiting 5-10 years for games, only for them to be a live service mess.
Nah its that botw totk mechanic bullshit now in a 2d zelda game lol its like theyre forcing us to accept it in every new zelda game!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: OMG it's soooo ugly