The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 delayed to spring 2023

As time inched forward towards the hopeful announcement of anything related to the upcoming sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's sequel, fans became uneasy with the lack of information from Nintendo. That's because the game has been pushed back, as shown in a video update today. Eiji Aonuma asked fans to please wait just a little bit longer, extending the development cycle for the game, and setting it to a Spring 2023 launch window.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hope this means we get either Wind Waker HD / Twilight Princess HD or some new smaller Zelda game 😇 to hold us over come on Big N 🤞

Lunar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing Nintendo and the Japaneze work ethic the devs are more than likely working 60+ hours a week towards the game, and BoTW was a masterpiece so I don't doubt they will deliver again.
Maybe it's just the people on this forum, but the majority of the working class doesn't have time for constant gaming, me included. I am fine waiting for a good release, and honestly time goes by so fast that we'll have it before we know it.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Who cares? The original BotW was stinking flaming garbage, with its almost complete lack of direction, artificial and player-hostile limitations in weapon/shield fragility and stamina, the blatant misandry in Gerudo Village, its incredibly ugly art style, the inability to fully max out both Hearts and stamina, the repetitive Shrines, Zelda wearing pants for some reason, the completely unnecessary bullshit Eventide Island and Master Sword Trials challenge of removing all the shit you've collected, how Zelda never actually appears outside of flashbacks and the ending cutscene (her telepathic voice could've easily been replaced by the King's, or by Ravio's or Tingle's, honestly, and nothing would've really changed).

Just cancel BotW2's development and make a traditional game instead; that will be amazing and I would be incredibly happy since traditional Zelda is amazing.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing Nintendo and the Japaneze work ethic the devs are more than likely working 60+ hours a week towards the game, and BoTW was a masterpiece so I don't doubt they will deliver again.
Maybe it's just the people on this forum, but the majority of the working class doesn't have time for constant gaming, me included. I am fine waiting for a good release, and honestly time goes by so fast that we'll have it before we know it.
wait a minute you think people that have full time jobs cant have time to game? I work 60hrs a week in busy part of business year and always find time for gaming.

BOTW was a masterpiece and if they were writing BOTW2 from scratch alot of people would be more patient with these delays giving them a little bit more of the benefit of the doubt. if you take away all the lazy ports on the switch nintendo is way behind on quality releases compared to any of its other consoles.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Er, Gerudo Village has always had a no-man rule. Was it "blatant misandry" in Ocarina of Time? If not, why is it now? Also, not sure why Zelda not wearing a dress all the time would bother you.

The Master Sword Trials was definitely the best part of the game for me. I never really minded the weapon durability or lack thereof, and the shrines were only repetitive in visual style (and the combat shrines, but I liked those). I also like the art style and am a bit baffled at how you find it incredibly ugly, but it's subjective.

Some criticisms I would level at the game...
- No green traditional outfit until you've found all 120 shrines, and thus pretty much done everything there is to do in the game.
- General lack of memorable music, though I understand it's tough to balance this properly in an open world.
- Often unenthralling combat due to enemy stun-locking. Walk up to an enemy, then hit it. Again and again and again.
- Health regeneration in Master Mode makes the combat even worse.
- Inability to buy as many arrows as I want.
- Repetitive enemy types.
- Quality of life issues (menu navigation is slow, when you open a chest and your inventory is full, it doesn't just give you the option to drop a weapon immediately).
- The glider removes a lot of the challenge of navigating the environment.
- You can't pet the dogs.
- Why is there voice acting?
- Rain making climbing impossible is awful. They should have made an outfit that would make it possible to climb uninhibited in rain.
- Too much vendor trash, I guess.
1. Because A) it was a Fortress in OoT, not a village, and as such there were no outsiders allowed period. Further, Link was given a pass to freely enter the fortress. No needing to pretend to be female needed.
2. I used a mod to remove the awful inventory-wiping the Master Sword Trials enforces, and guess what? IT WAS FUN (more fun than Eventide was, anyway). I do not like obnoxious challenges like vanilla Trials, since I find them frustrating and a waste of my limited time.
3. I find the art style ugly because it tries to mimic The Wind Waker's gorgeous cel-shaded look, but fails utterly and just looks bleurgh. Twilight Princess looks great, even now, because it had a somewhat more realistic look, but not totally realistic. I dunno; I also dislike Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX's pastel art style. That, and this, just look washed out and hideous to me; not sure how else to say it.

Oh, and why couldn't the Master Sword be the only weapon without fragility? Even when Link loses to Ganon in OoT (thereby creating a split in the timeline), the Blade of Evil's Bane isn't damaged at all in its next appearances, so why is it damaged and broken now? Why couldn't completing the Trials render it unbreakable, at least?

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A hell of a lot of people.
I can't see why, though, when BotW was experimental and crap compared to traditional Zelda. They had it down pat, releasing great games (though some were burdened by unnecessary gimmicks and added bullshit design, like the DS duo's stylus controls and ignorance of buttons, and Skyward Sword's dysfunctional motion controls/very limited Pouch/stamina), only to leave it behind for an open-world experiment that used practically none of that acquired skill.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fair enough. Link definitely should have been allowed free access to Gerudo Town without disguising himself as a woman once he calmed the camel robot in BotW.

To each his own. The start-from-zero aspect of the Master Sword Trials is what made it so compelling for me.

I see. I'm curious what you thought of Skyward Sword's art style.

Because the fully upgraded Master Sword completely outclasses almost every other weapon in the game, so if it had unlimited use, picking up other weapons would become pointless.
Skyward Sword's art style...better than BotW's, but not nearly as fantastic as The Wind Waker's (for a more cartoony look) or Twilight Princess'. Skyward Sword, irrespective of how it plays, looks merely okay to me.

And yeah, the Master Sword SHOULD be overpowered, if you triumphed through the Trials; I don't see any negatives with what you said there. Not to mention it's the series staple, so it shouldn't be overshadowed by other blades anyway, and you could still use other weapons if you wanted. Unbreakable Master Sword after completing the Trials sounds perfect to me; you'd still have to put up with breakable shields and bows, but at least melee's fixed.
The Trials are optional end-game challenges anyway, too, so again, I fail to see any problems.

Gerudo Town really shouldn't have that no-men policy; even the NPCs comment on how idiotic that is, since it splits up families and limits accessible trading. Why couldn't there be a quest where Link helps the Chieftess abolish that misandristic tradition?

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i said.. no zelda 2022 when the release of those new pokemon got announced..
now the question is if they will show something at e3..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY