Hacking Translation The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Evolution English patch

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to reiterate to anyone that the current patch released is fundamentally unchanged in comparison to EvilGoku's version asides from a few minute changes. It is outdated. Please do not play this patch if you are thinking about testing it or expecting one close to the Geofront version right now. Wait until the next release and even then it will not be 100% complete but it will be greatly different. Thank you for your patience.

Reactions: LastSharpTiger

LastSharpTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow, there it is.

Plainly still a work in progress, judging from the text box overruns and whatnot, but it's all there. The Geofront script! The Vita-exclusive content! (And with all the decrypted files sitting on my gaming laptop's hard drive, a sub-ten minute upgrade.)

Reactions: Shenrai

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is the entire Geofront script inserted, main story, NPCs everything?

Also: someone of your team stated once that supposedly the higher res PC version textures are included per default in you patch, is that true for the newest version as well? Or do I have to manually insert the higher res textures?

syam229322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Thank you for the new update with Geofront patch! It works wonderfully although as mentioned on the patch, there are some text lines overflowing over the text box but nothing major. Hope it will be it iron out soon. Just checking if there's any QoL feature from the PC or the later EVO trails games such as fast forwarding or skipping the animation of crafts?

Speaking of which, does anyone has a save file of this in chapter 2 day 1/ 2? As I have played the PC version until that part and it will be quite a pain to play it over again heh. Appreciate it if someone could reply to me with the save file as requested. Thank you.

ShadowCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
do we need to install the older version for this to work / straight to the snewest version ( Update v4 ) ?
sorry for the noob question....

KillScottKill

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, this is Scott, editor of the Geofront's Trails from Zero and lead editor of the Geofront's Trails to Azure.

I have some questions about the translation of the game's Evolution exclusive content. Namely, who handled it and how. Was it done by hand by someone with Japanese proficiency? Was there care put in to mirror the Trails English style guide? Is there any way for me to read over the new text for the game?

Dokterfreddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, this is Scott, editor of the Geofront's Trails from Zero and lead editor of the Geofront's Trails to Azure.

I have some questions about the translation of the game's Evolution exclusive content. Namely, who handled it and how. Was it done by hand by someone with Japanese proficiency? Was there care put in to mirror the Trails English style guide? Is there any way for me to read over the new text for the game?

We put a lot of effort in making the translation as coherent as possible.
- The translation is done by Ganbarimustang
- We used the style guide
- It has been trail read by Catasplurge
- And we allready made sure that it would fit in the 1.1 Geofront changes.

Offcourse if improvements can be made we would like to get the feedback.
Catasplurge can add you do our Discord.

Last edited by Dokterfreddy,

Thaurin

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is absolutely fantastic! Aside from the improved translation, we now have chest messages back! I've missed those.

I don't mind the text box windows so much, but I did run into a crash bug that has me switching back to the old translation. I've seen it at the beginning of chapter 3 during the festival as you leave the Special Support Section headquarters through the main entrance. Going up to the roof where the cat is also causes a crash in chapter 3. The other exit from HQ that comes out on the west street works fine.

I've seen a couple other crashes, all when loading into Central Square, but otherwise things are amazing.

I'm not sure if you want bug reports like this and what the best route for reporting them is, but here you go.

Last edited by Thaurin,

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is absolutely fantastic! Aside from the improved translation, we now have chest messages back! I've missed those.

I don't mind the text box windows so much, but I did run into a crash bug that has me switching back to the old translation. I've seen it at the beginning of chapter 3 during the festival as you leave the Special Support Section headquarters through the main entrance. Going up to the roof where the cat is also causes a crash in chapter 3. The other exit from HQ that comes out on the west street works fine.

I've seen a couple other crashes, all when loading into Central Square, but otherwise things are amazing.

I'm not sure if you want bug reports like this and what the best route for reporting them is, but here you go.

Thank you for bringing this to the team's attention.

LastSharpTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have been doing a completionist playthrough at Normal, and aside from the textbox overruns (which you guys are probably working on manually), the only thing I've found through the final day of Chapter One is this:
During the initial fight with the Testaments/Saber Vipers in the prologue, there are interjections/cries from the Downtown gang members as they attack that aren't translated.

Not a big deal, and possibly more trouble to "fix" than it's worth. But that's the only unmentioned issue I've found so far at these stages of the game (Prologue, Chapter One).

Dokterfreddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Thaurin
Bug report are always welcome. Ideally if you could provide a save file from right before the issue it would help us greatly in reproducing the issue.
Now regarding you're crashes. There seem to be a lot of crashes that should not happen. Are you sure you updated the game via PSN to the latest version?

@LastSharpTiger
Could you share a save file right before the issue. I expect this could be located in the eboot and not in the scena files. but a save file would help us a lot.

You can use Vita Save Manager Plus to share game saves.

Last edited by Dokterfreddy,

ThatsMacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
During the initial fight with the Testaments/Saber Vipers in the prologue, there are interjections/cries from the Downtown gang members as they attack that aren't translated.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I believe all the battle quotes are stored in the eboot file somewhere which we haven't updated yet. It's in our backlog so once we start updating it, I'll make sure to find those lines and fix 'em up.

tianlloyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
anyone experiencing issue on the ultimate bread showdown side quest? mine stops when they talk about the ingredients needed. just stuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade