Hacking Translation The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Evolution English patch

Dokterfreddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Amazing work... There's one thing I'd like to ask though: in the old thread someone mentioned that it is possible to replace the low res Evo textures with the more detailed PC version ones. Is that something you guys were also taking into consideration?

That is allready done. The work @Dasutein did is allready implemented in the current available patch on the home page.

Reactions: PortableGuy

Dokterfreddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
do you guys an eta on when it'll be released?
When ready. There is already a working version on the first page. Release dates are for businesses. And they even can't keep to them. A creative process is not something you can plan. definitely not with a team who does it in there spare time.

There will probably be in between releases. But they will always carry the beta/work in progress flag.

Last edited by Dokterfreddy,
Reactions: Stepperer

AstralDarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I’m very confused on what to do. I just installed this game on my 3.60 Vita using MaiDump. It was prepatched with some form of English.

I’m working off those files. I also have the NoNpDrm Japanese version if needed.

I went into VitaShell (version 2.02, not sure how to update it if needed) and browsed to ux0:app/PCSG00042 which is the folder for Zero no Kiseki. All the .psarc files are Orange. I tap Triangle and it opens a menu, but Open Decrypted is grayed out and cannot be selected.

So ultimately, what is my first step I should do?

Dooodah7

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Is the link on the first page (dated 3 November) the latest version available for download? I'm several hours into this game with the current English version but am inclined to pause until this project is completed. I'm in no rush! I assume I can use my existing save with the new English version in due course?

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I’m very confused on what to do. I just installed this game on my 3.60 Vita using MaiDump. It was prepatched with some form of English.

I’m working off those files. I also have the NoNpDrm Japanese version if needed.

I went into VitaShell (version 2.02, not sure how to update it if needed) and browsed to ux0:app/PCSG00042 which is the folder for Zero no Kiseki. All the .psarc files are Orange. I tap Triangle and it opens a menu, but Open Decrypted is grayed out and cannot be selected.

So ultimately, what is my first step I should do?

You should decrypt the file the psarc files are located in rather than the individual files themselves. So go to app/PCSG00042 and don't enter it, but rather hover over it and press Triangle and click decrypt.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the link on the first page (dated 3 November) the latest version available for download? I'm several hours into this game with the current English version but am inclined to pause until this project is completed. I'm in no rush! I assume I can use my existing save with the new English version in due course?

It is the current latest version available to the public for testing, but there has already been major revisions internally that have yet to be released.

Reactions: Dooodah7

AstralDarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should decrypt the file the psarc files are located in rather than the individual files themselves. So go to app/PCSG00042 and don't enter it, but rather hover over it and press Triangle and click decrypt.

Thanks for the reply! I went into VitaShell to app/PCSG00042 and highlighted the folder (not clicking into it as you advised), pushed Triangle, and the top option “Open Decrypted” is still grayed out.

Edit: @Dokterfreddy If you're not too busy, could you contact me regarding testing? I'd love to help in my free time!

Attachments

• 21B7509E-179F-45A8-9296-8F1643452E3B.jpeg
    21B7509E-179F-45A8-9296-8F1643452E3B.jpeg
    975.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by AstralDarkstar,

RussiaSushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! I went into VitaShell to app/PCSG00042 and highlighted the folder (not clicking into it as you advised), pushed Triangle, and the top option “Open Decrypted” is still grayed out.

Edit: @Dokterfreddy If you're not too busy, could you contact me regarding testing? I'd love to help in my free time!

If you're still using the MaiDump version, you'll need to switch over to the original Japanese NoNpDrm version instead. The patch targets decrypted files from this and the ver. 1.01 patch.

Reactions: saburota

saburota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still using the MaiDump version, you'll need to switch over to the original Japanese NoNpDrm version instead. The patch targets decrypted files from this and the ver. 1.01 patch.

Thank you for your help! I had a feeling it was the MaiDump version last night when I started going through other games and none of them had the same issue. (I’m Astral. I was able to find my old account I created 15 years ago)

tianlloyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tried to decrypt the file from uxo patch folder, but the checksum is still different.

data: 0f3f2aa68ca80f044f89336ef6202960
eboot: 117e53b6d234d5ab1610f93dd9faa054

I manually transferred the data and eboot files to my patch folder, since it was originally located in the app folder. I also copied the sce_pfs and sce_sys.

also verified in the console that I can open the photo in one of the folders after decrypting in the patch folder (saw somewhere that's one way to verify if it's decrypted). but when I FTP I get the checksum above.

thanks a lot.

Last edited by tianlloyd,

tianlloyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi all,

Regarding storage saving. Now that I have a complete repatch file, are there any files that I can delete to save space (e.g app folder, patch folder)? Unfortunately I'm dealing with a 4gb card, I can buy a bigger one if there are no other options.

Thanks!

Dokterfreddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all,

Regarding storage saving. Now that I have a complete repatch file, are there any files that I can delete to game space (e.g app folder, patch folder)? Unfortunately I'm dealing with a 4gb card, I can buy a bigger one if there are no other options.

Thanks!
If you use the original cartridge like me you already save space regarding all the game files.
And extra tip for PSTV users. I use a simple USB drive with a repatch folder on it. Next I mount the USB drive as uma0. next just launch the game. This is very handy if you have to update the repatch files frequently for testing.

Reactions: rydgel

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make it more clear in the future
-Navigate in VitaShell and go to /gro0:/app/PCSG00042 for the physical version or ux0:/app/PCSG00042 for the digital version

-While hovering over the appropriate directory press Triangle followed by X for the option to open it decrypted

-Transfer both data0.psarc and data1.psarc through FTP to your PC.

-Navigate in VitaShell to /ux0:/patch/PCSG00042.

-While hovering over this location press Triangle followed by X to open it decrypted.

- Copy both data.psarc and eboot.bin through FTP

-With all the files transferred, use the xdelta application and insert the patch, the source file related to the patch, and the destination you would like to send the patched file to (use the same name as the file you are patching). For instance for patch I would use data.psarc.v01.xdelta, for source file I would use data.psarc, and for output file I would place it in my destination and call the file data.psarc as well

- Do this for data0.psarc, data1.psarc, data.psarc, and eboot.bin

-Create a folder (if you don't already have one) titled PCSG00042 and store all the newly patched files into that folder

-Transfer this new folder through FTP or USB to your RePatch folder and you are good to go

Last edited by Shenrai,
Reactions: Dokterfreddy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8