Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just moments ago, everything worked great on my 3DS - but suddenly, the L-button stopped working.

I had hoped Nintendo would have fixed this problem by now, but it appears they haven't. >->

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Sending it back isn't going to do any good - I bought it from Amazon.com,
and the shipping costs and everything were pretty insane.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well... When that happened on my DS Lite, all I had to do was remove the spring of that button... However since the 3DS is still new, dunno if that's a good action to take due to warranty and all that. >.

Z

Zorua

Do you eat stuff while playing it? As a temporary fix, run a wet cloth around the edges of the L button and give it a nice blow.

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zorua said:
Do you eat stuff while playing it? As a temporary fix, run a wet cloth around the edges of the L button and give it a nice blow.

I never do; I've only started playing games on it this morning, and it worked fine.

I already tried blowing in it, but I'll check if a wet cloth works.
Thank you!

Edit: It didn't work.

Joanified

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/dis...=200572800#intl

it says there "Send the original item back to us via an economical method and, if the return was the result of our error, we'll reimburse you for the shipping costs once we receive it back."

I don't know. maybe you can try calling amazon to see if they can reimburse u the money for sending it back?

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joanified said:

it says there "Send the original item back to us via an economical method and, if the return was the result of our error, we'll reimburse you for the shipping costs once we receive it back."

I don't know. maybe you can try calling amazon to see if they can reimburse u the money for sending it back?

However, I don't think it's a result of their error.
It worked just fine when the 3DS arrived.

Z

Zorua

isabelyes said:
Zorua said:

I never do; I've only started playing games on it this morning, and it worked fine.

I already tried blowing in it, but I'll check if a wet cloth works.
Thank you!

Edit: It didn't work.

Maybe the connection wire snapped off? I recommend that you give it to Nintendo.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
isabelyes said:
Joanified said:

However, I don't think it's a result of their error.
It worked just fine when the 3DS arrived.

Whenever I send stuff back to amazon.co.uk they send me an email with an attachment. You print that and stick it to your package and that should give you free shipping. That's what happens with amazon.co.uk anyway. Also amazon will pay your shipping as it's their responsibilty if your machine broke within the warranty period (here in the Uk anyway) not sure about Holland.

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zorua said:
Maybe the connection wire snapped of? I recommend that you give it to Nintendo.

I've got an American 3DS, but I live in The Netherlands.
Would this still work, or...?

QUOTE(thegame07 @ Apr 1 2011, 04:33 PM) Whenever I send stuff back to amazon.co.uk they send me an email with an attachment. You print that and stick it to your package and that should give you free shipping. That's what happens with amazon.co.uk anyway. Also amazon will pay your shipping as it's their responsibilty if your machine broke within the warranty period (here in the Uk anyway) not sure about Holland.

They'll give me free shipping? That might be worth trying out, then.
I ordered from Amazon.com, but one would think they'd have the same policies regarding warranty and all...

I'll ask about it my dad when he gets home, and I'll check out Amazon's site, too.
Thank you very much for your answer!

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only time amazon don't send you free shipping label is when something isn't faulty and you just want to return something unopened as you changed your mind. The only thing I'm not sure about is if you will get free shipping as you're in Holland and you bought it from American amazon
frown.gif

Also there is different consumer laws in different countries. I notice Americans send their stuff for repair to Nintendo after 30 days of purchase. However in the UK I would send my 3ds back to the retailer and get a new one for free, If it's within one year of purchase.

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Something really confusing happened to be yesterday.
I was fiddling around with the L button - it still didn't work.
I started playing Rayman 3D - at first, it didn't work there, either.
However - I don't know when, but I suddenly noticed I could use the L button again.
It continued to work perfectly fine for ~25 minutes, and then it stopped working again - just as suddenly and random as the first time.

Could it be a software problem, maybe? I've already reset my 3DS, though...

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
isabelyes said:
Could it be a software problem, maybe? I've already reset my 3DS, though...
I doubt it, that sounds more like there is a loose wire or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol