The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, see for yourselves:

You thought it was a gritty WW1 drama but it was I, Dio! The Kingsman!
The first movie didn't sit well with me because it was too shizophrenic about its mood and genre: was it supposed to be an action comedy with spy elements, a spy movie with comedic elements, what? It fell flat at both ends.
I never watched the second one.

The third... who knows?

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I liked the first. Never really got a tonal dissonance from it but could see how you might, especially if the "never makes it outside it" UK TV and film is not what you go in for. Do wish I could have seen the uncut church sequence since I heard about it though (longer, no cutaways, possibly more violent).

The second was by most accounts a textbook case of studio interference + we need something to appeal to Americans (if you thought the shoehorning of China into films to have it be allowed there was bad then... yeah). There were a few interesting ideas there but as a whole it was seriously lacking.

This. Origin story is an interesting choice, world war 1 even more so (maybe they saw that Sherlock Holmes thing and thought they could run with that). That said I have to wonder if this is going to be steampunk but they tone it down on the brass gears on hats.

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not bad trailer that. More interesting for me than the second one.

Also amusing that War Pigs went from a somewhat controversial song to song used in film trailers, though I still think that 300 sequel should have done more than ending credits with it.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Well, see for yourselves:
The first movie didn't sit well with me because it was too shizophrenic about its mood and genre: was it supposed to be an action comedy with spy elements, a spy movie with comedic elements, what? It fell flat at both ends.
I never watched the second one.

It's supposed to be serious at times but mostly humourous, it's mostly about the humour and surprises tbh, and ofc the whole "classy nature" of the Kingsman. I recommend the second movie, it's worth a watch at least, I enjoyed both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-