Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
King of Fighters 12? What the heck are you smoking bro, KOF XII does not exist. We went from XI to XIII, don't you know?

King-of-Fighters-XIII-screenshots-title-screen.jpg

Bought KOF 12 (Poor thing you)? Disappointed by the lack of content and awful online? (Who wasn't?) Well thankfully, KOF XIII is getting a console release, and is being published by ATLUS USA. Well, you know, the guys with Persona games, SMT games, Catherine, Demon's Souls, and those niche games you heard about 5 years ago (They don't do this anymore ;_;). The game is in good hands. In fact, we're getting 5 brand new characters, three of which are already confirmed to be Billy Kane, Saiki, and 98 Iori with the flames.

The game has been released in the arcades on July 22nd, 2010, the gameplay was very well received by the fans, and the return of fan favorites like Mai and K' returning were very welcomed. It was a great change from the piece of shit game that does not exist, known as KOF XII. The gameplay was faster, more balanced, actually playable, and surprisingly, every character in the cast could kill you with the gauge and setup, unless you use Mai. Every character is sufficient, and nobody is overly weak or lack the tools to deal with other characters (Except maybe Mai). The only truly broken characters were Raiden, K, and maybe Mai.

Now, SNKP and Atlus have fixed the problems by nerfing the high and the top tiers and buffing the rest. Now even Mai is useful!

The game has a decent amount of mechanics. The normals, specials, new EX attacks, Cancels (With the hyper gauge, the gauge above the meter gauge, you can cancel your attacks to use another, and chain the attacks, etc), super, EX Super, and the all new NEOMAX. Pretty easy to understand, but the game can be pretty technical if you try to really get into it.

AND IF YOU PRE-ORDER THIS GAME, YOU GET A 4 DISC OST COMPLIATION ASDFKJASNVAKSDJNSDLKJSNDFJKASDF

So go buy. It's released on October 27th in North America.

Oh, here. Some really really good fights.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYqKGgi9rg[/youtube]

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Funny topic Tropicana.

I'm hyped for this in a way, Though i wont get to play it in a while, It's seems quite cool, And the 4 OST thing is a GREAT bonus.

I just wished they never made Ralf and Clark tanks and Yuri so similar to Athena.

AND OMG ATLUS

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
TwinRetro said:
I could never understand the following behind KOF. It's the same damn game over and over again.

I could give a cool troll answer to this, But i'm feeling nice today.

Basically, Every KOF game may look the same, But in the meta game, every release is completelly different.

Sure, you may have similar graphics, same gameplay, sfx, etc. But the frame data for every attack is different, The damage graphs of every character change too, moves, execution, combo-ability, tiers and the ocasional new character. Everything changes so whoever says every game feels the same doesn't really knows how to play a fighting game.

But then again, Just some people care about this (These who play this kind of games competitively), So for the casual crowd, Yeah, The game hasn't changed a lot in the past years, Except for the major style change and the graphical updates.

Just go play KOFXI and KOF '98 and tell me if they are "the same damn game".

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TwinRetro said:
I could never understand the following behind KOF. It's the same damn game over and over again.
You can say that about just about any fighting game, and fps.

SF4 and it's upgrades look the same to me! They seem to play exactly the same too! Tekken is the same game, except it has better graphics every time. Modern FPS looks and plays similarly! There's no difference!

QUOTE(Uzumakijl @ Jul 29 2011, 11:29 AM) I just wished they never made Ralf and Clark tanks and Yuri so similar to Athena.

For some reason, I'm OK with Ralf, but Clark.... He just looks so ridiculous....

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
98 Iori with the flames

that made my fucking day iori with out flames just sucks ballz to the wallz.

i'm so going get this when it comes out hopefully there be an option for english and japesnes voices.

and where the hell is whip at? god damn i love to turtle with her...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DJPlace said:
98 Iori with the flames

i'm so going get this when it comes out hopefully there be an option for english and japesnes voices.

There's only going to be option of Japanese voices, confirmed by Atlus. While an English dub would be cool, KOF XII's dubbing was AWFUL, so maybe it's for the best. And hey, you don't hear Terry's RISING TAKRU, CROATCH SHOOT, BAAN NACKLE, and BUSTA WOLF in glorious Engrish if you switched it to English.

Who knows, maybe Whip will comes around as a DLC character or one of the additions. We still got a few more characters that haven't been announced yet.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
DJPlace said:
98 Iori with the flames

There's only going to be option of Japanese voices, confirmed by Atlus. While an English dub would be cool, KOF XII's dubbing was AWFUL, so maybe it's for the best. And hey, you don't hear Terry's RISING TAKRU, CROATCH SHOOT, BAAN NACKLE, and BUSTA WOLF in glorious Engrish if you switched it to English.

Who knows, maybe Whip will comes around as a DLC character or one of the additions. We still got a few more characters that haven't been announced yet.

true terry's voice in japanese voices are pwness... and i'm downloading all KOF games for my ps2 to get in the groove... (expect for XII that's a ps3 game and it sucks) but still i'm not complaineing it's like arcana heart 3 with japanese voices only. but still it's a good deal. also this is what i hear with terry ARE YOU OK?!? BUSTA WOLF!! LOL but serious oct is going make my money go boom

with twisted metal dragon ball z something and this. so yeah my month is set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-