Now with more MOOSE!!!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To see the the inkling of what might be a great idea click HERE....

Basicly (and this is just an expanison of Smef's Idea) if in addition to graphic part of this board, we added an archive that Smef * was in charge of that would hold most of the old sig's and artwork that have been used on here. In addition to Smef running it, there should be some people to help him run it as well, (mole, D2, ronin, tempest, koekie, opium, zarcon, jumpman. cajoker, redundancykit all spring to mind as canidates, some are already mods, and some arn't but they do contribute to the board in a positive way)

Basicly I'm just bring this up on Smef's behalf, I not only think his idea is brilliant, but I miss alot of the old sigs that aren't up anymore (Remember tempests first sig? I haven't seen that in ages)

What do the rest of you think? It can't be any worse then the graphic forum, or the contest one?

*I hope that by championing this that I'm not oversteping any bounds, but I think it would be the best way to get Smef's idea to frutation and that if he was in charge of the addition to the forum he wouldn't have to ask people to help him set it up...

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
(Remember tempests first sig? I haven't seen that in ages)
Ummm... this IS my first sig. All I ever change is the text, and even then it's been a while since I've done so. [edit] Oh, yeah, I forgot. Mole optimized the original JPEG for 56k modems. Still looks the same as D2's original, though.[/edit]

I'd support the idea of adding a read-only board to the Graphics section that contains each artist's work. Mail a moderator of that board (easily able to set people up as mods of just that one board) to have your work added.

We'll have to give this more thought, but 'tis a good idea.

-Tempest out.-

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don'e have any other sigs? I could have sworn that you had something else...Maybe it was the Ava...

A ninja of some sort???

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You don'e have any other sigs? I could have sworn that you had something else...Maybe it was the Ava...

A ninja of some sort???
The only ninja I ever saw from him was, indeed, on his avatar. He just switched it back to the good old Obnoxious Hero avatar we all recognize him with. I don't think I ever saw any other sig than his current one either.

The idea of a new board as a gallery seems nice. You'd need to discuss to one of the admins about this thought since it's their site.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
People, we've gone over this before. Those who ask don't get moderator roles. The most likely ones will be contacted by admin when (or more accurately, if) this idea gets approved.

Oh, THAT one... I actually have had four avatars. In chronological order, the dancing Black Mage, the Obnoxious Hero, the ninja (Sneaky Villain from MutedFaith), and (for a day) a special one D2 made that I was experimenting with.

-Tempest out.-

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that be a nice idea, and is should be read-only because if you had it open for comments on the work, it could become spam and flames.

EDIT: Also, since it would be older work, it would already have been posted somewhere with critiques.

Yuber

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
i've always wanted to be a moderator, but it isn't a big deal i suppose, whatever happens is for the best

i hope this is approved, i would really like to see this happen, i really would

redundancykit

Trophies
Website
www.yougetnothing.com
XP
Country
United States
Who was it that had that big pict of Gundam Deathscythe way back in the day? I think its a cool idea. I would like to see all of those old sigs all come up on one page.

Gotta agree with Tempest tho, its all still up in the air. What was that old addage? Something about chickens and hatching...and I'm sure there was 'counting' involved in there somewhere
biggrin.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's "don't count your chickens before they hatch", often connected to "don't put all your eggs in one basket".

My variant of that line:
"Some say, 'place not all your eggs in one basket', but that merely means to scatter your attention to the winds. I say, place all your eggs in one basket, and WATCH that basket."

-Tempest out.-

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This seems like a good idea. The bad news is the fact that the err images may not be found again. As in someone may have deleted it and cannot be tracked down.

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm sure there's some spare space on gbatemp.net that could have a more structured gallery using HTML, rather than using the forum.

If you were to do that, I'd be happy to design it
smile.gif

Regal_Warrior

Oh my god. Its the lord of pie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, please do that it would be much easier to look at exactly what you wanted when you wanted to. And if you do I still think you should set him if with folder for each contributing member, but you should judge each new user entry and see if they are good enough to have there own space for their images, and you'd have to make sure their not using a sig or something someone else mad for them.

I would definetly be in there. Though none of you have seen what I can do yet if you read my sig you know that I am planning on showing you some of that skill with my own sig and avatar.

Koekie

djgarf RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!!! :D
Banned
Trophies
Website
uniemelk.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe someone that can code php (costello, anyone?) can edit a certain forum, so that we can upload images + description in a gallery (+database)

that would be incredibly cool

*dreams*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.