Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I still cant make this work, i used mario 3d world too. still crashes on game selection menu and opens mii maker.
You are choosing wrong games Mon.
I also have a problem with it (Mario 3d), it crashes the same as nest remix. I also use the Elmo ready2play files.
This 2 games not working for me.
Download and try something small - new Luigi u
It should work flawless, then you will be sure that there is something wrong with games.

Erich Moraga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Remix works fine, so if it doesn't for you guys, ensure you initially load a good kernel exploit, then try a 4.0 (not 4.1) Loadiine with a FAT32, 32k cluster size, primary partition SD card and Remix in \wiiu\games directory.

Last edited by Erich Moraga,

Noy2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just got a shiny new box for a redicuspensive amount of money and good news-bad news - It's old firmware, but 4.0.0.
The 2 games I got with it are even older than it, so they're not much help.
Is there a way to semi-update it to 4.1, 5 or 5.3.2 without using a game disc?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a shiny new box for a redicuspensive amount of money and good news-bad news - It's old firmware, but 4.0.0.
The 2 games I got with it are even older than it, so they're not much help.
Is there a way to semi-update it to 4.1, 5 or 5.3.2 without using a game disc?
Game discs are the only way. Find a rental store, use GameFly, buy used, or borrow from somebody. Or just sit tight for another 1-4 weeks and play the games you have.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
how i use the commandline nusgrabber version? because the gui doesnt work anymore.
Go to this site, find what title you're looking for, note the TitleID and version that you want, and then call the command line with that ID/version. For example, let's say you wanted to grab the update for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The list says that it's title is 10110E00, and the newest update is v1. Also, if I wanted to get the update, I'd need to provide the prefix of 0005000E. So, calling the command prompt, I would type, "nusgrabber 0005000E10110E00 0001". That would get me my update. If anyone would like, I could actually whip up a new GUI for this. I'm great at building utilities like that.

EDIT: You actually don't have to specify the version. It will automatically grab the latest version.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,
Reactions: GamingAori

Lani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NES Remix works fine, so if it doesn't for you guys, ensure you initially load a good kernel exploit, then try a 4.0 (not 4.1) Loadiine with a FAT32, 32k cluster size, primary partition SD card and Remix in \wiiu\games directory.

what i did was:
from exploit.wiiubrew.net,
select the loadiine kernel (5.3.2)
open the browser again and select the loadiine v4
then a black screen comes and i install the loadiine,
after this comes the selection game menu but it freezes, i cant select or move and mii maker open

i tried with several games happens every time...

on sd card (FAT32, 32kb cluster size) i have this scheme : /wiiu/games/nesremix (or other)
/save/nesremix/c
/save/nesremix/u

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone would like, I could actually whip up a new GUI for this. I'm great at building utilities like that.

EDIT: You actually don't have to specify the version. It will automatically grab the latest version.
The only thing you'd have to work around is the version number, if specified. The old GUI used WiiUBrew for version numbers, which had to be updated manually. There is a way to get the update directly from Nintendo though, if you made something to parse and extract the data.

https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/USA/US/latest_version gets you the latest USA version list number (change region codes for other regions).

https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/USA/US/list/XXXX.versionlist gets you the actual version list for the number specified.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you'd have to work around is the version number, if specified. The old GUI used WiiUBrew for version numbers, which had to be updated manually. There is a way to get the update directly from Nintendo though, if you made something to parse and extract the data.

https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/USA/US/latest_version gets you the latest USA version list number (change region codes for other regions).

https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/USA/US/list/XXXX.versionlist gets you the actual version list for the number specified.
I see. I already dissected the GUI and found out that it got it's info from WiiUBrew, which I thought was odd, since it would have to be updated manually. If I get enough requests, I would love to help out. I may end up doing it anyways :)

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the info. If I end up creating one, that info would definitely prove useful.

Reactions: WiiuGold

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I already dissected the GUI and found out that it got it's info from WiiUBrew, which I thought was odd, since it would have to be updated manually. If I get enough requests, I would love to help out. I may end up doing it anyways :)

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the info. If I end up creating one, that info would definitely prove useful.
I'll put in as the first request, if it motivates you haha. I like GUIs. No problem!

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All have been done like you said.
I will try download different version and then post results.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
NUSGrabber.JPG

This is a basic layout so far... Anyone have objections/comments before I delve into actually coding this?

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
i like the color more and the place of the things.
Taken into consideration.

EDIT: @GamingAori If I change around some things, would you think that an open list of titles (like what I have) or a drop down list would be better?

EDIT2: Here is another update on the look of the GUI, based on 2 suggestions.
NUSGrabber2.JPG

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I got an error decrypting a game using CDecrypt, it says "unsupported tmd0" anyone knows what to do in this case? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.