"The Crew" gets a fanmade WIP server emulator

Ubisoft has been in the eye of the storm in several occasions, be it for one reason or another, but one of the most recent events that brought forth the disdain of the fanbase towards the gaming company was the complete delisting of the game "The Crew" from all available platforms.

Back in December 14th, 2023, Ubisoft released a post detailing that the very first game in the franchise "The Crew" would effectively have all of its servers shut down, with the deadline being March 31st, 2024. Alongside this, the game would be delisted from all online stores, including PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Amazon Luna and Ubisoft+, with Ubisoft offering a direct link for steps to request a refund. Ubisoft cited "upcoming server infrastructure and licensing constraints" as the main reasons to delist the game online.

The deadline came around and now the game is currently unavailable in any official manner.

Three months later, a community of devoted gamers have worked on a private server emulator for the game at hand, and on June 20th, 2024, they released a video showcasing what they called the "First Roadtrip After the Shutdown", which is a roadtrip from Detroit all the way to Black Hills in-game.

The full 15 mins video of the complete roadtrip is shown, and the custom server that "The Crew Unlimited" group has put together shows a great amount of dedication and passion for a now unsupported and abandoned game. The server emulator isn't public yet, but those interested can checkout the progress and upcoming news about the server in The Crew Unlimited Discord server.

:arrow: The Crew Unlimited Discord server

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless they absolutely can't for some reason, it's a shame companies don't just release the server software or even just the specifications to allow for fan servers after a shutdown.

Nintendont would have have DMCA'd the project and unleash it's attack-dogs aka lawyers 🤣🤣

That would be funny....except fan servers for Nintendo games already exist.

64bitmodels

Amateur Nintendo Apathetic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discord server... Yeah that's a great place for this if ubisoft wanna nuke it and all info in an instance
and if that happens they will immediately start all over again.

Not like they should care anyways, it's a decade old game that they don't care to remaster or rerelease. They can sit and seethe while fans resuscitate their dead game

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
and if that happens they will immediately start all over again.

Not like they should care anyways, it's a decade old game that they don't care to remaster or rerelease. They can sit and seethe while fans resuscitate their dead game
And all previous information will be ported over? Again Discord is a terrible place for developing and forum activity

Reactions: 4d1xlaan and Quore

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Shoutout to Ross Scott and StopKillingGames - The Crew's shutdown might be the best shot there is to get companies to actually provide an end-of-life plan, rather than the current default of just destroying the game you paid for. The website provides a list of ways to help depending on if you owned The Crew or not, and which country you're in, and this video goes more in-depth into the issue and potential solutions.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Discord server... Yeah that's a great place for this if ubisoft wanna nuke it and all info in an instance
Discord is the zoomers first choice to hoard all the information and discussion into somewhere you can't even search for stuff without the thing giving up, and then implode it all because a discord staff didn't liked the place.

StopKillingGames
Games got so much worse problems right now with dei and they come up with some campaign that completely ignores it...

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
This is it bois, we have server emulation to play the game again, now we just have to wait for a private server.

I think it would be amazing if this game get the same treatment as NFS World, around 3-4 servers and each one with your rules, modes, economy and etc

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You miss the wholesale point. Lots of info can go to waste (as it have happened to before) if the discord gets nuked.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Games got so much worse problems right now with dei and they come up with some campaign that completely ignores it...
I'm going to pretend you're talking about an actual issue and just say - single-issue campaigns tend to be a bit more effective than "fix everything". Be the change you want to see in the world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @K3Nv2 only reason why I said that was because 2015 seems for civil than 2024
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You must be new to the internet
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine the tears if temp had downvotes
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Civil? I mean this isn't really a kids chatroom, you are supposed to 15+, which you admitted that you are not even.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's pretty common for one person thinking they can come in and just change an entire community that's older than them
    +2
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    Fair enough
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    We should take a breather, I guess we all got a little excited there.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be glad some sites ban just because they don't like you
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all cool. Much love to all. No more jokes from me today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get it their heads or so attached that some sites are like second life's to them that's where they get over emotional over something that doesn't even matter just don't care what others say online
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    and it's friday we should all be uploading GIFs or I have another temper tantrum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Almost October and it's still 95 out
    +2
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    this is a webp... from GIPHY. GIF-EE.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @K3Nv2 where are you, arizona?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I would appreciate if when you post a YouTube link/ picture you can provide context or a description
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty my browser doest let me see things at times
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, its a clip of dk saying "not funny, didnt laugh"
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty the work browser is limited in what it can show me
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I am honestly surprised gba temp is viewable thats why im here everyday most days
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Facebook is getting bullshit 90k likes on a video I get a strike just for sharing it lmao
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    "Biden ate a deer. Trump didn't." Then, the other way around, "Trump ate a deer. Trump didn't."
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: "Biden ate a deer. Trump didn't." Then, the other way around, "Trump ate a deer. Trump didn't."