Hacking The Conduit Config File(CDGame.txt)

ThaKillerKlown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjc1992 said:
lol for shits and giggles i would defiantly be interested in classic control support as my arm starts to hurt from holding the wii mote up to aim
dry.gif
although i think using the classic control the majority of the time would take away the felling of a real wii game and it would just feel like a good graphics ps2 game
blink.gif

I'd be okay with that.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Limited Collectors Edition $60 or more?
Actually, it's the same price. It's more of a preorder bonus than anything (it has shiny packaging and the art book, with codes to unlock a couple of extra things in the game).

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ThaKillerKlown said:
I'd be okay with that.
Yes yes, we all get that. Anyway, it isn't as exciting as you think it will be. You can control turning, but that's about all I could seem to do with the Classic Controller. It could be it did more at one time, but it doesn't do much now. Also, I turned on the debug_cheats and it didn't appear to do anything. Could be that I just don't know how to activate them, or it could mean they don't work in this build.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news everyone! (insert ASCII Dr. Farnsworth)

I cracked open the main.dol and found the entire set of variables:

Code:
COLLISION
BUILD
SAVE_NAME
ENGINE_VERSION
GAME_VERSION
LEVEL_SELECT
DEMO_LEVEL_SELECT
SOUND
PAL
DEBUG_CHEATS
DEBUG_TEXT
DEBUG_FLY
DEMO_BUILD
DEMO_MAGAZINE
DEBUG_SOUND
DEBUG_SCALEFORM
DEBUG_LIST_STRATS_UPON_ERROR
CHINA_WORDWRAP
PSP_16BIT
PSP_DITHER
SKIP_MOVIES
USE_GCN_CONTROLLER
USE_CLASSIC_CONTROLLER
DISABLE_WII_HOME_MENU
DISABLE_WII_STRAP_MESSAGE
USE_WII_NOSAVE_MESSAGEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
BANKEDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
HEAPSIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
DMASIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
REGIONÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
PARTICLES0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
PARTICLES1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
KEYCODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
PRODUCT_NUMBERÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
SAVE_SYSTEM_ENABLEDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
BANNER_COPY_DISABLEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
START_LEVELÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
LOAD_TO_START_LEVELÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
USE_KIKI_JOY_CONTROLLERÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
OFFER_MULTIPLAYERÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
AUTO_HOSTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
AUTO_CONNECTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
AUTO_NAMEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
AUTO_MONKEYÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ASL_SERIALIZATION_LEVELÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ASL_SERIALIZATION_DEVICEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
DISPLAY_PARTICLE_COUNTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
PERFORMANCE_METRICSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
GPU_METRICSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ROLLING_LOGÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
SKU_TYPEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ALLOW_PATCHED_WATER
SLOW_MOTION_TOGGLE
LEVEL_WALK
GAMMA
BRIGHTNESSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
CONTRAST
VM_WARNING_OPCOUNT_LIMITÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
VM_PREEMPT_OPCOUNT_LIMITÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
FRAME_INDEX_CACHE_POOL_ENTRIESÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
DISPLAY_FRAMES_PER_GAME_FRAME
VIDEO_ALLOC_METHOD

New items that may be of interest:

USE_KIKI_JOY_CONTROLLER //Never heard of it, but I want one.
USE_GCN_CONTROLLER //Now the people without Classic Controllers won't feel left out.
GAMMA //LCD fine tuning
BRIGHTNESS //LCD fine tuning
CONTRAST //LCD fine tuning
DISPLAY_PARTICLE_COUNT //Good for determining if our custom particle counts are taking effect.
DISABLE_WII_STRAP_MESSAGE //Obvious what this one does -- looks like even developers hate the health warning!

SKU_TYPE //Might have some interesting effects, if we ever find out what the settings are

As always, enjoy.

EDIT: For those trying to use the Classic Controller or the GCN Controller, I recommend going into the controller configuration on the game -- maybe there's a way to set binds once these variables are enabled.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome news bro keep us posted!

and whats with the Engine Version thing...Did any previous games on any consoles apply the quantum engine before this maybe we could tear appart to compare to this one? (as far as file structure ect)

also slow mo could be an interesting thing (like neo in the matrix lol) especially if toggle is on the fly in game
wink.gif

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
awesome news bro keep us posted!

and whats with the Engine Version thing...Did any previous games on any consoles apply the quantum engine before this maybe we could tear appart to compare to this one? (as far as file structure ect)

also slow mo could be an interesting thing (like neo in the matrix lol) especially if toggle is on the fly in game
wink.gif

It's the first game to use this engine.

File structure appears very simple, but only to someone who knows where to start(not me). Each level contains two files, one to house the assets and one to set up the level. The level files are RIFF packed into a BGIB(proprietary?) archive.

Changing a texture will probably be fairly easy. So, if we can lower the particle count and get the engine running faster, I believe a high resolution texture pack will come along eventually. The first thing I noticed when playing the game is that the textures are only slightly better resolution than Perfect Dark or Metal Gear Solid(the crates, namely). Even Brawl's crates had higher resolution textures applied to them.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Does it look really badass in 720p?

yeah, my friend has an HD 720p tv and the graphics look like they're in between ps3 and xbox 360. better then xbox but not as good as ps3

Um, how could the game make this any different? I would expect the hardware on the Wii to only output in 480i or 480p. No other options possible at the hardware level, so how could a game config file make this drastic change?

Maybe his TV just looks better than yours?

Or I just fell for a troll.

Whatever, I'm bored anyway.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight. Would you have to change the settings, and then burn it or will there be cheats for it.That will unlock it such as classic contoller support? Also, in the future will texture replacements will it be like brawl where you can put the textures on the sd card? Soryy if its too soon to ask?

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Brian10122 said:
HisshouBuraiKen said:

yeah, my friend has an HD 720p tv and the graphics look like they're in between ps3 and xbox 360. better then xbox but not as good as ps3

Um, how could the game make this any different? I would expect the hardware on the Wii to only output in 480i or 480p. No other options possible at the hardware level, so how could a game config file make this drastic change?

Well, I think he's just mistaken in one of two ways: Either he believes the HDTV does some sort of upconversion, or he believes component cables allow the Wii to display in 720P.

In any case, HDTVs have an algorithm called interpolation, which basically takes a pixel or quadrant of pixels and multiplies it in order to fill the screen. The result is usually very poor. As far as component cables are concerned, while they do allow for up to 1080i resolutions(1080P on some rare displays), the Wii is only capable of 480P (720 x 480 x 60).

So let me get this straight. Would you have to change the settings, and then burn it or will there be cheats for it.That will unlock it such as classic contoller support? Also, in the future will texture replacements will it be like brawl where you can put the textures on the sd card? Soryy if its too soon to ask?

The config is entirely contained on the disc, yes. It may be possible for it to read from the SD card(because it apparently can output to one), but I have yet to find anything that confirms this.

I don't know about texture hacks or how they were gone about with Brawl. If this game ever receives any attention from a group like the one that's working on Brawl, I'd suffice it to say that the possibilities are equivalent, if not better.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well im thinking a group of amature programmers made this game they live close to where i stay in hicksville illinois...

This was a old blurb about them in our local news paper

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x488808624/Loca...bunch-of-aliens

I'm hobbiest c++ programmer and i think with the quakeIII source code and the real WII dev kit hardware, I could make a game like this too.. the Wii graphics 3d api is very close to OPENGL. if not almost the same.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Hooya said:
Brian10122 said:
HisshouBuraiKen said:

Well, I think he's just mistaken in one of two ways: Either he believes the HDTV does some sort of upconversion, or he believes component cables allow the Wii to display in 720P.

In any case, HDTVs have an algorithm called interpolation, which basically takes a pixel or quadrant of pixels and multiplies it in order to fill the screen. The result is usually very poor. As far as component cables are concerned, while they do allow for up to 1080i resolutions(1080P on some rare displays), the Wii is only capable of 480P (720 x 480 x 60).

The config is entirely contained on the disc, yes. It may be possible for it to read from the SD card(because it apparently can output to one), but I have yet to find anything that confirms this.

I don't know about texture hacks or how they were gone about with Brawl. If this game ever receives any attention from a group like the one that's working on Brawl, I'd suffice it to say that the possibilities are equivalent, if not better.
Well in brawl this guy named metafight or something made a program for brawl a cheat. That allows you to replace textures and you store them on sd. Well what if that we could have our configuration file on our sd and replace the one on disc.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emupaul said:
i would bet this game is a mess of source code full of bugs, the config files being open like that, is a sign...

Well, try saying that to any modern PC game that has a plaintext config file.

Developers do this intelligently in order to debug the game as fast as possible. When you don't have a bunch of hard coded variables, you don't have to constantly recompile in order to fix things.

Now, in the case of consoles, this just opens another avenue of attack(as if we needed another hack for the Wii). For example, changing the HEAPSIZE to something larger than can fit in memory is probably an easy way of overloading the buffer.

QUOTEWell in brawl this guy named metafight or something made a program for brawl a cheat. That allows you to replace textures and you store them on sd. Well what if that we could have our configuration file on our sd and replace the one on disc.

You'd have to talk to someone over at WiiRD.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
EDIT: For those trying to use the Classic Controller or the GCN Controller, I recommend going into the controller configuration on the game -- maybe there's a way to set binds once these variables are enabled.
Did that. I couldn't really get it to do anything. Feel free to prove me wrong though.
teq said:
emupaul said:
i would bet this game is a mess of source code full of bugs, the config files being open like that, is a sign...

Well, try saying that to any modern PC game that has a plaintext config file.

Developers do this intelligently in order to debug the game as fast as possible. When you don't have a bunch of hard coded variables, you don't have to constantly recompile in order to fix things.

Thank you.
smile.gif

QUOTE(teq @ Jun 26 2009, 04:26 AM)
DISABLE_WII_STRAP_MESSAGE //Obvious what this one does -- looks like even developers hate the health warning!
Interestingly, the SKIP_MOVIES flag seems to do this also, though presumably this one only disable the strap screen rather than the both it and the videos.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
teq said:
Did that. I couldn't really get it to do anything. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

I'll keep looking then.

In the main.dol, there is a list of what I believe are scripts with the extension "ASS"(I kid you not):

CODE
AllowClassicDpad.ass
AllowClassicInput.ass
PcSetConfig.ass_
PcRefreshConfigs.ass_
PcSaveConfig.ass_
PcEnterBindMode.ass_
PcExitBindMode.ass_
PcSetControlBinding.ass_
PcResetCustomConfig.ass_
PcRegisterHotspot.ass_
PcUnregisterHotspot.ass_
PcUnregisterAllHotspots.ass_
PcChangeToResolution.ass_
PcSetVisualQuality.ass_
PcSetSoundQuality.ass_
PcSetCursor.ass_
PcSaveOptions.ass_
PcWriteOption.ass_
PcCancelControlBinding.ass_
PcEnterGuiMode.ass_
PcExitGuiMode.ass_
PcSetWindowTitle.ass_
PcExitApplication.ass_
PcTerminateProcess.ass_
PcSetMultisampleQuality.ass

I also found a lot of references to an SWF Flash player. I don't see where this game could be using Flash movies.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
I also found a lot of references to an SWF Flash player. I don't see where this game could be using Flash movies.

Perhaps the menus and gui? or as a movie player? I dont own a copy yet I have yet to disect anything.

could someone maybe post the the config file(s) for me?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
emupaul said:
teq said:

Perhaps the menus and gui? or as a movie player? I dont own a copy yet I have yet to disect anything.
Well, it uses Bink for video (there is also a copyright on one of the splash screens for Bink Video) so I don't think it's for video if it does use flash. Doesn't look like the UI is flash either (at least not to me).

*edit*
Oh yeah, and GCN controller didn't appear to do anything. Keep in mind my test was with a Wavebird, though it should work. I do have a normal controller here somewhere but I couldn't find it.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
emupaul said:
teq said:

Well, it uses Bink for video (there is also a copyright on one of the splash screens for Bink Video) so I don't think it's for video if it does use flash. Doesn't look like the UI is flash either (at least not to me).

I see no reference to SWF in any other archive, so it's pretty weird...

@emupaul: The config file is posted on the first page.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't be surprised if you could add a line to the config file and the game will parse it just fine (just a guess). Maybe there is omitted / undocumented variables the game also reads from CDGame.txt.
with some educated guesses maybe something could be found
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts