nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So just my quick opinion here. I'm not a sports guy at all -- I enjoy playing a few select sports with friends (frisbee, baseball, tennis), but I've always hated sports games. Very few have kept me entertained. I see the appeal of, say, Madden '07, but they just didn't do anything for me.

The only sports games I've ever liked were similar to NBA Jam, where ridiculous things happened as you scored points -- YOU'RE ON FIRE! ... and dunking from half-court!

So I burned The Bigs to play with my cousin yesterday -- holy cow, what fun. I like the controls, I like the gameplay. It's simple, pretty realistic, but also has that absurdness in the Power Blast and Perfect Pitch that make it fun. Especially with friends or family.

Anyhow, for what it's worth, I recommend The Bigs for the Wii. Not for the 360, which we tried as well. It wasn't the same.

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i love this game too
it's amazing
and now i know how to hit HR very easily so i am winning all the time with about 30 points

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
agreed!! the game is solid, an 8/10 from me
the fielding and batting takes a game or two to get used to, but the pitching system is fantastic!
my first game had about 16 runs in 5 innings, so it is wayyyy more exciting than any 'sim' baseball could be

linkycat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and now i know how to hit HR very easily so i am winning all the time with about 30 points

I think that's the reason its getting low scores... The reply factor of it, even for someone who LOVES baseball, is pretty minimal. You can get GREAT at the game very quickly, and since there isn't a lot as far as "Season/Franchise" mode, you end up with a simple arcade title that has no online play or replay value.

The game is a blast to start playing, but once you've logged some hours it loses it's appeal to me.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the UK so my knowledge of baseball is.... non-existant...

but me & my buddies love playing this....

But then when I play Vs the CPU, it kicks my ass every time.

I put it down to me not understanding the game of baseball properly.

But I still have a blast!

Nicap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For hitting a homerum just hold the stick on the nunchuk forward and hold the "A" button down when taking a swing. At least, that does it for me. But not all the time though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol