Hacking The Best Wii mod chip currently out?

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I know this has probably been asked a bajillion times, but I want to know which is the best mod chip for US Wii games on a US Wii, and a few GC games on a US Wii. I don't know if I should get the Wiikey becasue of the audio problem thing, and it hasn't been updated as promised. The WiiD seems to be very simillar to Wiikey, though it doesn't have the audio problem thing. The CycloWiz I have heard is the only chip that has actually been updated (where it actually changes the chip's firmware or whatever). I don't know if that's true, but that's what I've heard from a modder. The Wiinja doesn't seem to have the Gamecube support I want. I'm looking towards the WiiD, but I want to know from those who have it whether it's reliable, effective, and not buggy. I would appreciate the help :-)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A lot of people will probably recommend the homebrew chips, really they have surpassed the commercial chips in terms of features.

Find yourself an installer who can build you a homebrew chip as well, probably end up being cheaper overall as well.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using WiiFree as well and it's very good IMO.
I don't know why Wiikey was so hyped up, and now everyone's mad since their updates dont do shit.
Cyclowiz is probably the best but it costs way too much, so Wiifree is the way to go.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of people will probably recommend the homebrew chips, really they have surpassed the commercial chips in terms of features.

Find yourself an installer who can build you a homebrew chip as well, probably end up being cheaper overall as well.

Hey MC DUI,

Do you know of anyone who does this in Aus?

Cheers!

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason why I"m considering getting a CycloWiz over the OpenWii is the fact it doesn't have the audiofix thing. Can anybody send me a list of games that do/don't work without the audio fix? I have a bunch of games I want to play, but I"m worried the it won't work well on OpenWii. Will audio fix ever be implemented in OpenWii? Thanks :-D

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey MC DUI,

Do you know of anyone who does this in Aus?

Cheers!

I did, shtonkalot from this very forum was offering installs with a homebrew chip built.
He was also offering a postal service.
His post offering this service is in the trading section of GBAtemp.

He has just recently moved from Newcastle down to the Central Coast and I haven't heard from him for a little while.
If you really want I could PM you his mobile phone number, but he may be busy at the moment with the move.

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CycloWiz.
At first, many have thought that the Wiikey was the best but Wiikey has audostream or w/e problems for Gamecube games and the Wiikey team have said over and over that they will release the update to fix it but it's been a while and no update. They recently just updated the website with a picture.. of a hologram sticker.. No word on update. I'm so pissed I got a Wiikey.
I tried out my bro's girlfriend's Cyclowiz and it works flawlessly.

Get the Cyclowiz.

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the Wiikey update is coming anytime soon, so for me, it's either the OpenWii or the CycloWiz. Which do you think I shoudl get? the only Gamecube games I really plan on playing are Resident Evil 4, the Zeldas, SSBM, and Mario Kart. Maybe I plan on playing some others, but I don't know. Do you know if any of those games have audio problems? Which chip do you think I should get out of CycloWiz or OpenWii, only those two, I don't really care about Wiikey or Wiifree or any other chip, only those two. Thanks

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it looks like the modder that lives very close to me only has the WiiFree, and not the OpenWii. I think I'm gonna buy the CycloWiz. He's charging me $110 including the chip. It comes with a 30-day warranty, and he seems to be reputable according to another forum. Is that a reasonable deal?

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems really unreasonable. I do chip and install for $50, but I don't offer a warranty so to speak, I just offer help or repair to the chip should anything go wrong with it. I offer that for as long as you have the chip.

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where are you located? I live on Long Island, and the guy I want to work with lives on LI too, and is just 20 minutes away! I'm 15 years old, and my dad is hesitant with these mod chips and such, so he would really want to be with the modder while the guy mods it, just to make sure he doesn't steal it or anything (no offense to you or any other modder). He's also flashing my 360 for $60. It may not be the best deal, but it may be the only deal that woudl allow me to get my systems modded :-/

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's understandable, I guess, that you want to be there when the guy does it. I live in Texas, so if you wanted to go through me, you'd have to send it in the mail and a lot of people aren't comfortable with that.

But that guy's prices are out of control. I charge $25 for a 360 FW flash, but I've been told that's on the cheap side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny