Gaming The Another World ~Ninokuni~

helmon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iPikachu said:
looks nice, except that the boy reminds me of that kiddy movie >_>

Wow, I seriously never expected someone with a name like iPikachu to talk negatively about a pre-adolescent boy being the protagonist of a story
smileipb2.png

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
helmon1 said:
iPikachu said:
looks nice, except that the boy reminds me of that kiddy movie >_>

Wow, I seriously never expected someone with a name like iPikachu to talk negatively about a pre-adolescent boy being the protagonist of a story
smileipb2.png

Well, Pikachu is certainly a money making machine so you can't say its kiddish. The "adults" at Nintendo use it to earn $$$$.

But IMO, I think even without the protagonist the whole think still looks kinda kiddy since its from an animation studio. Beautiful art style yeah, but those "Hardcore gamers" will definitely bash its art, saying its not in "beautiful 3D", "it doesn't look cool enough" etc. etc. etc. That makes me sad
frown.gif

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Flaregon said:
QUOTE said:
A dub may not be that bad, I felt that Layton voices were decent just games like Suikoden that forces me to turn off the volume.

well I thought it was bad, thought the English voice were funny, they fit but were still awful.
I've watch a lot of anime FLCL had good voice acting.

I guess is playing this game will be like walking thought a Studio Ghibli movie, and will bring you back to when u were very young. that why I alway liked them.

p.S: Its game box tells all other games *F**K YOU* if that inst awesome what is.

http://kotaku.com/5063027/studio-ghiblilev...oxes-the-finger

LOL I'll add this to the first post
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Flaregon @ Jun 1 2009, 09:11 AM)
2D is the best for this game type, 3d would just ruin its charm.

Yeah its somewhat of an anime style cinematic game so the 2D is nice. But the 2D is only for videos I think. he gameplay seems to have nice 3D or is it 2.5D? What I think is the "hardcore gamers" will bash this game because of the art style too. Sad.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
i.Domination said:
Flaregon said:
QUOTE said:
A dub may not be that bad, I felt that Layton voices were decent just games like Suikoden that forces me to turn off the volume.

well I thought it was bad, thought the English voice were funny, they fit but were still awful.
I've watch a lot of anime FLCL had good voice acting.

I guess is playing this game will be like walking thought a Studio Ghibli movie, and will bring you back to when u were very young. that why I alway liked them.

p.S: Its game box tells all other games *F**K YOU* if that inst awesome what is.

http://kotaku.com/5063027/studio-ghiblilev...oxes-the-finger

LOL I'll add this to the first post
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Flaregon @ Jun 1 2009, 09:11 AM)
2D is the best for this game type, 3d would just ruin its charm.

Yeah its somewhat of an anime style cinematic game so the 2D is nice. But the 2D is only for videos I think. he gameplay seems to have nice 3D or is it 2.5D? What I think is the "hardcore gamers" will bash this game because of the art style too. Sad.

I know what u mean, but its going to be that all that matters.
also the box set it has is pimp.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
The box set is nice certainly, but I'm doubtful of how it can go onto the shelves. (Seperating the book from the box won't attract as much people) and the price tag. Yeah I'm going to buy it.

BTW when i added the link to my first post I see it get messed up with bits of info missing. Do you see it? I'm going to try scourging for all the info again.

Edit: Sigh..... I put the info all together again but I think it seems to be missing some things

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Exbaddude said:
Looks Original! ~

Hope It's Good! ;D

Original in art style. Totally. Gameplay, maybe. Since the gameplay scenes are little and we don't see any combat yet.

But we'll wait and see it will definitely turn out to be a smash with the nice graphics and the possible addictive gameplay (Its Level 5 after all)

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
i.Domination said:
Exbaddude said:
Looks Original! ~

Hope It's Good! ;D

Original in art style. Totally. Gameplay, maybe. Since the gameplay scenes are little and we don't see any combat yet.

But we'll wait and see it will definitely turn out to be a smash with the nice graphics and the possible addictive gameplay (Its Level 5 after all)

Ever see dark cloud, it look like it will be like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwXl4y_ey-Y

So if it's dark cloud DS it would be pimp.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Possibility... but it will feel out of place. The spell book is the largest appeal of this game right? ARPGs focusing on spells don't seem to be the next big thing..... I hope it will be tutn based jrpg
biggrin.gif
Maybe like Earthbound! With the esp replaced with spells!

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
The anime film was nice
happy.gif
only watched 30 minutes and I can see that its awesome! But I thought Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away was better
biggrin.gif
So if you like Brave Story, this game is a must buy!
yaynds.gif

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Your wallet is getting thinner because you are converting from cash to credit card and visa now
tongue.gif

I'll say this game isn't compulsory to buy maybe except if you want to collect the book.... unless people aren't willing to share the spells symbols.... then your a goner.

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
looks very attractive, but i'm sort of surprised at the complete lack of gameplay footage. like, i don't want to just watch an animation and draw a rune once in a while. don't get me wrong, i love ghibli and miyazaki, but if there's not a lot more to this than what we saw, i'd rather just watch another of his films on my television.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i.Domination said:
Your wallet is getting thinner because you are converting from cash to credit card and visa now
tongue.gif

I'll say this game isn't compulsory to buy maybe except if you want to collect the book.... unless people aren't willing to share the spells symbols.... then your a goner.

just like you, a teenager with no credit card and etc
frown.gif
so don expect me to take out a fatty wallet
frown.gif
but darn that box looks sweet
biggrin.gif

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
GhostToast said:
looks very attractive, but i'm sort of surprised at the complete lack of gameplay footage. like, i don't want to just watch an animation and draw a rune once in a while. don't get me wrong, i love ghibli and miyazaki, but if there's not a lot more to this than what we saw, i'd rather just watch another of his films on my television.
This is what I call... supsense
biggrin.gif
But Level 5 has made some great RPGs no doubt, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King and Rogue Galaxy. And the video just shows how cinematic the game can be! I think Level 5 + Ghibli would make an epic cinematic-styled rpg. The game wouldn't have too little combat with just drawing runes once in a while, or else what is the spell book for, the bestiary
biggrin.gif

mrfatso said:
QUOTE(i.Domination @ Jun 2 2009, 12:18 PM) Your wallet is getting thinner because you are converting from cash to credit card and visa now
tongue.gif

just like you, a teenager with no credit card and etc
frown.gif
so don expect me to take out a fatty wallet
frown.gif
but darn that box looks sweet
biggrin.gif

Sad..... Maybe you can buy it when you go into NS (your a poly student right?)

And the box does look sweet but I wonder really.... how can it be displayed in bulk....

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
LOL.... thats why poly is better.

I think this is one game better off not being pirated, after all its not everyday we get cool animated games co-made by Studio Ghibli. And the spellbooks aree nice. Worth collecting~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo