Homebrew The All New 3DSThemes.com Huge Site Update! ツ

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finally got the site to work. Fantastic.
Finally got around to making my own themes too, and more importantly, MAKING THEM WORK. Brilliant!
Finally, uploaded two themes to the site. One's a Larc en Ciel theme (japanese jpop/jrock band), the other's a Kdrama theme (Hello Monster/I Remember You) because I'm a big-ass Jang Nara fan since forever. Both themes use BGMs relevant to the theme (Larc's song Anata, and Dear Cloud's Remember which is OST for that kdrama one).

EDIT:
Here you go, all you Lewd Lovers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://3dsthemes.com/Search/sort:NSFW
All of these themes makes me wanna make a ME! ME! ME! theme, hehehe...

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2015-08-21-00h20m29s29.png
    vlcsnap-2015-08-21-00h20m29s29.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by ferofax,

duckdotexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend didn't want to make an account, so let me post what he said:

"If you send a download request using the download button numerous times, the counter will update each time. it should have a unique identifier such as the account id or the user's ip address to prevent fraudulent download clicks"

Basically, you can increase a number as much as you want by spamming the download button. Which isn't good. You guys should really rework that.

Reactions: Deleted User

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada

"If you send a download request using the download button numerous times, the counter will update each time. it should have a unique identifier such as the account id or the user's ip address to prevent fraudulent download clicks"

Basically, you can increase a number as much as you want by spamming the download button. Which isn't good. You guys should really rework that.
Yea, trust me we know... Super Danganronpa 2 has over 2037 Downloads... Will get to fixing it soon but as of now the adfly links are messing up its are number one priority as we got a bill to pay in a few days O_O

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bug report - Searching a username or clicking on a username does not work this results in a page that says " User doesn't have any themes!".

Also suggestion add a search filter of some sort and allow themes to use keywords for instance if someone wants an orochimaru theme searching naruto should display that theme as well in the resuts.

Reactions: Deleted User

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Done it. Me Me Me theme uploaded. It's NSFW, scrolling top screen (not seamless though), animated bottom screen, custom folder, and the Me Me Me song as bgm (part 1 only, didn't like parts 2 and 3 of the song).

Attachments

• Preview.png
    Preview.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: DoJo_Master

Fivda

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you guys should block the download counts to only 1 IP adress. Some people seem to abuse it and because of that there's themes with hundreds of downloads even though that's definitly incorrect. I mean, just look at that.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think you guys should block the download counts to only 1 IP adress. Some people seem to abuse it and because of that there's themes with hundreds of downloads even though that's definitly incorrect. I mean, just look at that.

Yea, trust me we know... Super Danganronpa 2 has over 2037 Downloads... Will get to fixing it soon but as of now the adfly links are messing up its are number one priority as we got a bill to pay in a few days O_O

D

Deleted User

The 60$ bill? Welp, I hope it's not the end of 3dsthemes.
Don't worry, we don't go away that easily.

---- POST 2 ----

Did anyone want an API?

http://3dsthemes.com/api.php?Key=demo_11460f1979322198a63b67a53be4b2&Action=Documentation
Soon(tm)

Note:
Demo API keys don't return real information. You need to get an api key from us to do that! We will be allowing requests soon for the keys from our user settings panel.

---- POST 3 ----

If anyone wants to join our team, we currently need experienced programmers in the 3DS Homebrew application area. Please send me a PM if you are interested!

More to come, and as always, thanks!
- Krypto

Last edited by ,
Reactions: ferofax

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, havnt got a donation for a few weeks now and the ads only generated about 10$! If any of you guys have a few bucks to spare please do!
If I may make a suggestion for ads.
Have the adfly pages pop up for unlogged-in users whenever they download a theme instead of randomly when switching pages. Another option would be to have a banner ad loaded at the bottom of the page.
Ads might be annoying, but you are providing a free service and free content. I think it's reasonable to have an ad pop up when an unregistered user goes to download that content.

Also, a lot of people you ad blockers nowadays. You might want to look into getting onto adbock plus' whitelist if you decide on using banner ads. They have a few guidelines you have to follow, but the majority of their users would see your ads and generate revenue since their whitelist is enabled by default.
https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads

D

Deleted User

If I may make a suggestion for ads.
Have the adfly pages pop up for unlogged-in users whenever they download a theme instead of randomly when switching pages. Another option would be to have a banner ad loaded at the bottom of the page.
Ads might be annoying, but you are providing a free service and free content. I think it's reasonable to have an ad pop up when an unregistered user goes to download that content.

Also, a lot of people you ad blockers nowadays. You might want to look into getting onto adbock plus' whitelist if you decide on using banner ads. They have a few guidelines you have to follow, but the majority of their users would see your ads and generate revenue since their whitelist is enabled by default.
https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads
Yea, thats basically how its setup actually, but that whitelist, that is a great idea. Thanks for the help! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice. I was to make going to try to make a 3DS Application, but it seems like you've got that covered.
Well we are just working on the API right now.. We don't have anyone good enough to make programs on the 3DS. So you could probably help us out if you wanted to take on that job, being we have no one else to work with. We were going to team up with Filfat and have a themes section in downloadmii powered by us, but downloadmii isn't in dev at the moment.. If you do want to help us out, you can contact me via pm. (Sorry, this is a terrible message, but i wanted to respond as quick as possible. Im going into two days in a row without sleep, so please forgive me. x3)

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yea, havnt got a donation for a few weeks now and the ads only generated about 10$! If any of you guys have a few bucks to spare please do!
60$?! jeez which provider is hosting 3dsthemes.com? that's way too expensive imho

Also, the download counter doesn't affect your bandwith, since even if you do multiple click you'll be prompted to download the file just once.
Speaking of which, you should fix it asap, because with an extremely simple console script on firefox/chrome you could farm infinite downloads

It shouldn't be too complex, crypting the download id for the file and making it valid for just 1 download so that the user cannot view it is the way
(Making the id valid for just 1 download would work too, but by editing that script you could farm downloads anyway)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!