Hacking Moero Crystal Translation Needs More Help!

Darkripjaww

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Moero-Crystal-PV0.jpg

*Update* Website has been created in order to have consistent updates on progress. http://moerocrystal.weebly.com/

Hello!

Are you wanting to play bummed out that Moero Crystal's English got canned at the last minute?
Do you want English in the game?
Do you want to help translate a game?

Well, look no further, as a team of brave (Stupid? Definitely stupid) people have taken this task upon themselves!
But, they really need some help due to life (Who needs that thing?)

In all seriousness, we need some help.
We have made some progress so far:
All prologue dialogue translated from Japanese to English ( 108 kb / 10.1 mb)
Most (If not all) of the static pictures have been translated (Title screen, Battle interface, Most UI)
All pictures have been dumped (Yes, you too can have a lovely picture of Luanna)
We have mostly figured out how to inject text into the game, but we still need to automate it.

What we need (In order of importance)
  • Translators
  • Translators
  • Translators
  • Did I mention, Translators?
  • S̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶l̶e̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶(̶S̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶c̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶t̶e̶-̶s̶i̶z̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶x̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶)̶ (DONE!)
  • Image Editor (Most images are done)
  • Proof Reader
Proof:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx0UOdXvMrqfS3JPSDQ0SDduU2s

I̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶,̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶.̶g̶b̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶B̶y̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶e̶p̶a̶d̶+̶+̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶g̶u̶a̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶e̶x̶-̶e̶d̶i̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶y̶t̶e̶-̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶-̶b̶o̶x̶e̶s̶.̶
W̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶(̶I̶e̶-̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶Z̶e̶n̶o̶x̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶Z̶e̶n̶o̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶)̶,̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶f̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶o̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶.̶

We (Clienthax) has edited a pre-existing program to automate the the text injection. It calculates the byte size, does proper hex replacement, and WORKS!
Do you fit any of those criteria?
Come join us!
https://discord.gg/xDWsJZd

Last edited by Darkripjaww,

Darkripjaww

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They decided to can the English version last minute.
To make matters worse, it looks like the Chinese version (The one that was going to have English) requires 3.61

xomegax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi darkripjaww. I just seen your project here. Cheering for you! Sorry i dont have experience in coding and stuff.. but i am so excited to see this project here! And later on after this project finished later on, hopefully you can handle "Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates" too the moero sequel ;)

Best luck!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if this is what i think it is, but never do translations from japanese to chinese to english, we all remember what happened with street fighter II right? :creep:

latest

The name Sheng Long comes from a mistranslated portion of the name of a special move performed by the series' main character, Ryu; the characters shō ryū (昇龍 rising dragon) from Shōryūken (昇龍拳), Ryu's flying uppercut, are shēng lóng in Chinese pinyin. This was carried into one of Ryu's quotes to defeated opponents in the English localization of the 1991 arcade game Street Fighter II, changing the Japanese quote "If you cannot overcome the Rising Dragon Punch, you cannot win!" (昇龍拳を破らぬ限り、おまえに勝ち目はない! Shōryūken wo yaburanu kagiri, omae ni kachime wa nai!?)to "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance." As a result, players were given the impression that Ryu was referring to a person instead of the attack.

Yeah is from wikipdeia. :teach:

Still i have to ask, what was it about needing muitple sanity? I don't get that part.

Darkripjaww

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno if this is what i think it is, but never do translations from japanese to chinese to english, we all remember what happened with street fighter II right? :creep:

latest

The name Sheng Long comes from a mistranslated portion of the name of a special move performed by the series' main character, Ryu; the characters shō ryū (昇龍 rising dragon) from Shōryūken (昇龍拳), Ryu's flying uppercut, are shēng lóng in Chinese pinyin. This was carried into one of Ryu's quotes to defeated opponents in the English localization of the 1991 arcade game Street Fighter II, changing the Japanese quote "If you cannot overcome the Rising Dragon Punch, you cannot win!" (昇龍拳を破らぬ限り、おまえに勝ち目はない! Shōryūken wo yaburanu kagiri, omae ni kachime wa nai!?)to "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance." As a result, players were given the impression that Ryu was referring to a person instead of the attack.

Yeah is from wikipdeia. :teach:

Still i have to ask, what was it about needing muitple sanity? I don't get that

Hey Sonic Angel

The Chinese version of the game isn't needed in order to do a Japanese -> Chinese -> English translation, but rather to double check that they didn't keep the English files in there, as well as to see how the game accepts a different language.
We were able to find a 'frankendump' of a Chinese version, which has given us a lot of insight of how do this.
About the multiple level of sanity...Cerulean explained it perfectly... On the coding end of this, it can get very frustrating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM