OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So I don't like going outside or being in social situations, like, at all. I don't like being around people I don't know, I get nervous when people look at me, I get nervous in fancy situations (grew up in a trailer park), I get nervous when I'm expected to be a host or whatever... so I don't go out, and I don't meet people.

So my grandmother decided to invite some people my age over that I've barely met, and have a dinner party, with me at the center.

THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF HOW I LIKE TO MEET PEOPLE. T_T

They'll be here in a few hours. RAGRHAGHRGAHGRHGAHGRHA.

EDIT: Typo.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
When I get really worried/nervous I get diarrhea.
ohnoes.png

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'll be fine, just be chill.
Don't run away either, you may actually make friends.
What's the worst that happens?
It's awkward as hell then everyone leaves.
Doesn't seem too bad.

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So your grandmother invites random people your age you don't know so you can be friends with them?
unsure.gif

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
just chill mate, once you get into a conversation the nerves will flow away. I used to be really shy (and still am a bit) but you just need to push yourself and then it'll all turn out fine. Just enjoy it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
(gameboy13): Nah. XD I don't need even more people staring.

(The Pi): My usual tactic is just to vanish.
My grandma told me not to dare do it tonight.
frown.gif

(bnwchbammer): That's a good way of putting it. ^^;

(Quanno): Yeah. My grandmother's one of those ones that gets an idea in her head, and then does whatever shit she needs to do to make it happen, not even realizing what she's actually doing.

(_Chaz_):No, that'd make it even more awkward. I mean in air force training you're sectioned into flights, which are basically dorms. You and up to 59 other guys that have two big rooms to sleep in, and 8 shower heads to shower in. Well, one day we were hanging out in the common room during our very-rare downtime, and during some talking where we were listing things on paper that made us happy, I didn't realize we were supposed to share them. Well, I tried to keep mine away but somebody peeked at it and they found out I was a furry.
THAT. WAS. FUCKING. AWKWARD.
Thankfully the guy after me had "crossdressing" because it turned his wife on, so the attention wasn't on me for very long. ^^;

scrtmstr: When I get nervous I sweat. And when I sweat I smell. No, deodorant doesn't help. Once during training I LITERALLY tried deodorant (the stick kind) and some spray stuff all over my body after a shower (got some guys to help me get it all over my back), followed by foot powder on various places including my crotch (mentholated, I do not suggest it, it felt like my balls were in a bowl of ice water and I couldn't pull them out for a few minutes), and then a few hours later (of not even exercising) I got told I "smell like a bag of sour".

bazzi_h

Trophies
XP
Country
You might have a form of SAD (SAnd), AKA Social Anxiety Disorder (also known as Social phobia).

Basically it means you're uncomfortable in social situations. Don't really know all that much about it. I only heard about it in my psychology lesson.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just need to find something you all have in common. maybe their gamers, maybe they like the same music as you. once you find that common ground you'll have plenty to do/say.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Old8oy said:
just need to find something you all have in common. maybe their gamers, maybe they like the same music as you. once you find that common ground you'll have plenty to do/say.
This.
As soon as you find something you all have in common, talking will get so easy.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okaysowow, that was awesome.

I went out to meet them as they pulled in the driveway, and I was already laughing with them when we walked into the house. We sat around on the back porch while my grandpa talked a little bit about bluegrass music, then we ate dinner (the three visitors and I) on the back porch and talked about... stuff. Two are in college like I am (one taking the same class as me, but it's an online class so we don't see each other), one's in an actual dorm so he had lots of dorm stories to share, and the third had just finished college and was job-hunting.

I had such a good time that my face hurt from smiling so much more than I usually do, I'm not kidding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy