Autism and its spectrum

On how talking like a normal person is a virtual prerequisite for any activity involving a group of people

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
OP
Trophies
Website
spring-enterprises.neocities.org
XP
Country
Denmark
Do you need an education? A job? A date? Any activity that involves a group of people?

My experience is that no matter what, the ability to talk like a normal person, for lack of a better term (there probably is one), is a virtual prerequisite everywhere. It is so implicit that no one ever thinks about it being a requirement, so they pretend it is not there, like how everyone implicitly expect you to have two ears and hands and feet. But it appears to be required everywhere, and is a hard gatekeeper for anything else, no matter what sort of other abilities you could possibly have.

I hate it. It's so frustrating. Sometimes they think its just a choice you make to be contrararian, like why can't you just talk normally, but there really is no choice in it. Or you know, no matter what its always somehow your fault in some way for not being "normal enough" or "just not participating", or whatever it may be. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

It's an impossible situation to get out of, I have barely been outside for maybe some 5-6 years now. Because everywhere is the same.

What can you do? I already know its nothing . . .

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: