That "The World Ends With You" Teaser...yeah it's just a i

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah. I think Ahrimhan is correct. SE was pretty douchy in the what they did.

Great argument.

I think people here just love finding excuses to complain about gaming because they have nothing better to do. God forbid they do something like play video games, we must complain more about them!

Well my argument was already stated by the guy I agreed with. A teaser trailer for this was kinda pointless, imo.

D

Deleted_171835

>Ends up being a $20.00 port
A $20 port is horrendous? But we see a cavalcade of HD re-releases from all sides and shameless ports with no enhancements thrown across every platform for much more money than they're worth and we're complaining about a $20 port.

If this was the same news but you swapped iOS with any other device (PC, 3DS, Vita, Xbox 360, PS3) then it'd be a huge sea of applause. But it's just a bunch of generic Square Enix hate and a bunch of generic iOS hate rolled into one lump of whiny, self-entitled gamers.
It is horrendous. It's an old game that will have worse controls and a messed up battle system. On iOS, too (where it should be $5-10).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is horrendous. It's an old game that will have worse controls and a messed up battle system. On iOS, too (where it should be $5-10).

I forgot that the first game had such excellent controls and a great battle system.

Also, there's a fair share of games that are around the $15 mark on iOS, and they're often quality RPGs and stuff. Why is this getting hated on for it?

EDIT: It's a sad day in gaming when people are complaining about games being $20.

D

Deleted_171835

I forgot that the first game had such excellent controls and a great battle system.

Also, there's a fair share of games that are around the $15 mark on iOS, and they're often quality RPGs and stuff. Why is this getting hated on for it?
It did but you hate the game so I'm not going to bother arguing that.

Why don't you name a couple of those games?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

EDIT: It's a sad day in gaming when people are complaining about games being $20.
Probably because those are original games and not ports nor did they have a big teaser site and tweets telling people to keep an eye out until the end.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably because those are original games and not ports nor did they have a big teaser site and tweets telling people to keep an eye out until the end.

Okay, name the last time a teaser site actually led to anything good.

Again, we were on the edge of our seat for a fucking Dead Rising 2 viral marketing campaign. They hyped hyping a game.

If you see a teaser site, assume the least. It's not like a conference or anything.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Okay, name the last time a teaser site actually led to anything good.

Again, we were on the edge of our seat for a fucking Dead Rising 2 viral marketing campaign. They hyped hyping a game.

If you see a teaser site, assume the least. It's not like a conference or anything.

It doesn't matter. Everybody knew it was about TWEwY, and everybody knew it was a port to an iOS, but yet that tweet showed up telling us to keep watching until the end. How can you not expect something big?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter. Everybody knew it was about TWEwY, and everybody knew it was a port to an iOS, but yet that tweet showed up telling us to keep watching until the end. How can you not expect something big?

It does matter. My point was that people were overhyping this and then blamed everyone but themselves for the fact that they did this. Teaser sites are generally shit. If something is such a prolific announcement you shouldn't need to generate your own hype for it. You don't see teaser sites for new Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, or CoD games. Why? Because they're usually a big enough affair to generate their own buzz. Teaser sites are just hype mongering for something that doesn't gather much hype.

Even then, we're all shooting down what looks to be a decent looking port before even trying. What if the new battle system is awesome and the graphics already look great. What if it helps rocket the game into becoming a franchise so it can continue? Then it won't get looked down on so much as it is now.

Gamers: Always complaining, never pleased.

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny how people are just trying to blame only the fans and not give anything to the devs.

Imagine if companies start doing this more often. A teaser for a Zelda game? 3 days later, nope
just a teaser for a Zelda case for the iphone. -.-'

Or some kind of stupid thing like that. :lol:

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, why the FUCK isn't it available for iPod Touch 4G??? I looked on my sister's iPhone 4S after not finding in the App Store on my iPod and discovered that it was available on her App Store! Is there a way to still get it?? D:

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find it funny how people are just trying to blame only the fans and not give anything to the devs.

Imagine if companies start doing this more often. A teaser for a Zelda game? 3 days later, nope
just a teaser for a Zelda case for the iphone. -.-'

Or some kind of stupid thing like that. :lol:

Are the Devs responsible for marketing?

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, why the FUCK isn't it available for iPod Touch 4G??? I looked on my sister's iPhone 4S after not finding in the App Store on my iPod and discovered that it was available on her App Store! Is there a way to still get it?? D:
Download it off iTunes and sync?

Sadly it isnt available and I'm an iPod Touch 4G owner too.
With this, I'm now thinking SE just made the wrong move. Its fair to say they made this game mainly to attract more fans to its fanbase and partly for a fan service I guess.
But they're only attracting people with the best iOS devices, which means they're only giving the oppurtunity of this game to only SOME of the iOS users.

Hopefully, when the game gets uploaded somewhere, perhaps it can be made to work with iPod Touch 4, I'm suprised it doesnt work really. I remember when world of goo was only on ipad for a time and people messed with a file and got it working on ipods/iphones, so hopefully the same thing can happen again.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!