Testing for pad damage on a Pokemon Gold board.

Ralph367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I'm in the midst of trying to revive my save of pokemon gold from a few months ago, and I've got reason to believe that there's an issue with the pads on the PCB that you're supposed to solder the tabs to. The pads themselves look fine, but I was wondering if there's any way to check them using my multimeter, before I resolder my now-repaired battery back onto the board. Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry if this should have been posted as a question instead of a thread by the way. It's been a while since I've been on this site, so I only saw the option after I'd already hit post.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could check continuity on the points for battery + and minus just follow the traces or if you suspect other possible issues check the mbc chip to the points that correspont with the chip legs, on the other had could just need a reflow on the joints i would give that a go first, couldn't hurt to introduce a little fresh solder if you have not tried it already.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
See the 4 rounded rupees on the back of the pcb? Those are battery testpoints, one is ground, the others should be connected at the battery/write protect switch (the MM chip)/mapper, IIRC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup