Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for site admin to temporarily disable accounts? (*coughcoughc0llege@dmissionscoughcough*) Not saying that I would like my account disabled right now, but I would like to know if this is possible. (Disabling in this scenario would mean making my user account disappear from the forum completely for some time)
And if this isn't possible or reasonably done, then 2 name changes perhaps? Just as a favor :D

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The people I've seen who try to get a temp account disable to avoid the forums usually end up making an alt to post anyways...

Oh no, it's not to avoid the forums, it's a safeguard so that admissions officers don't see anything I don't want them to :/

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>No picture of you
>Not pr0n site
>Nothing Illegal

In fact, if this was a technology college you were applying to, and you actually contributed, (and the .00000001% chance they find you on this as opposed to Facebook where they seem to religiously search), they'd be pretty damn impressed.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your account can be suspended, preventing posting, but it wouldn't make it invisible. It'd have to be deleted/restored, or have the name changed into something irrelevant. I don't think there's anything here you'd have to worry about though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Others have already posted good stuff but
Step 1) do not use [email protected] or something along those lines- proper searching/background checks are hard so most do not do it (especially when there is the easy route). By all means use your own domain if you have one though (and if your registrar and/or hosting does not allow near infinite throwaway redirects get a better one).

Problem 1) Even if we did change your name we still have the cache issue (by the time all is said and done various internet archives might just have swapped to say nothing of someone quoting you somewhere and it all falling apart from there) and
Problem 2) Related to problem 1) if someone (or yourself) has linked something from outside our network.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1 might be resolved by doing this ASAP to let the caches update.
2 - only links afaik are from my Facebook, which I have set to high privacy settings and would also disable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"