Temp Debates: Plenary

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,846
  • Replies 32

Should we do something like this again in the future?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• When you have some more projects that need doing, jet

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
TrolleyDave said:
0ddity said:
I wouldn't mind running debates, but as I would also participate actively in them, I dunno if people would want me to.

I'd be up for that. I think if it's going to be a regular thing it needs some finessing though, like a set of rules etc.
totally agreed. It needs finessing. I really think this 'debate' idea was good. Maybe it should have a sub-forum for itself with rules.

@0ddity. WELL done!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
0ddity said:
Alright, I'll set up some rules and a first topic, we'll see how it goes.

Nice one! We should also get a list of topics people want to have a go at, people could start posting their suggestions in here and you pick out the ones that you think would make for the most interesting debates or we could vote or whatever.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
This isn't a debate. Please stop. My fingers hurt from typing. You're right. Enjoy.

Haha, you get upset when there is actually something to debate.

QUOTE(0ddity @ Sep 12 2010, 10:49 AM) Alright, I'll set up some rules and a first topic, we'll see how it goes.

This shall be fun, as long as an actual debater (preferably you or Dave) starts it, I'll participate more.

D

Deleted User

OP
phoenixgoddess27 said:
jet™ said:
This isn't a debate. Please stop. My fingers hurt from typing. You're right. Enjoy.

Haha, you get upset when there actually something to debate.

0ddity said:

This shall be fun, as long as an actual debater (preferably you or Dave) starts it, I'll participate more.
@

Look, just stop, before I get slightly pissy. You're just someone who saw the last debate and started to piss me off. Look, this is the first time GBATemp's had something like this. Don't expect it to be perfect. I'm not fucking Aristotle!

@Just piss off.

QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Sep 12 2010, 04:51 PM) QUOTE(0ddity @ Sep 12 2010, 04:49 PM)

Nice one! We should also get a list of topics people want to have a go at, people could start posting their suggestions in here and you pick out the ones that you think would make for the most interesting debates or we could vote or whatever.
Hello? Is it just me or is my idea being stolen?

AND I ONLY rigged the last one SLIGHTLY. Jeez, people here are beginning to piss me off. 6 people were affected and don't even look at the past 9 debates. You know what, no thanks for helping me. The point of this thread was to say thanks, not to piss me off.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
jet™ said:
Look, just stop, before I get slightly pissy. You're just someone who saw the last debate and started to piss me off. Look, this is the first time GBATemp's had something like this. Don't expect it to be perfect. I'm not fucking Aristotle!
wrong.
i remember before you joined that there was debate threads.
i think fast made one before.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Look he made a mistake and apologised for it, he obviously wont do it again.

Cant we just move on with our lives?
ohnoes.png

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jet™ said:
Hello? Is it just me or is my idea being stolen?

AND I ONLY rigged the last one SLIGHTLY. Jeez, people here are beginning to piss me off. 6 people were affected and don't even look at the past 9 debates. You know what, no thanks for helping me. The point of this thread was to say thanks, not to piss me off.

Your idea is not being stolen at all. People have debated things on this forum since I was here, it's one of the things that made me stick around. Look at the Capital Punshment and Mosque at Ground Zero threads for example. They've always been part of the temp, you just gave a series of them a collective title. Instead of being grumpy about someone taking over from you shouldn't you be happy that you've contributed to the temp.

Your idea is good, your execution of it was poor. So instead someone who can execute it well is taking over. Instead of whining you should be happy that someone you can learn from is taking over. Perhaps when you've learnt from 0ddity people won't mind you taking over again.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus this is getting messed up. Jet, I am starting my own temp debate series because many people do not trust you to run them anymore, and we won't have as good of participation. I am not "stealing" anything from you, I won't be doing any of the same debates you have done. And please, I respected the rules in your debate threads, the least you could do is respect mine.

D

Deleted User

OP
0ddity said:
Jesus this is getting messed up. Jet, I am starting my own temp debate series because many people do not trust you to run them anymore, and we won't have as good of participation. I am not "stealing" anything from you, I won't be doing any of the same debates you have done. And please, I respected the rules in your debate threads, the least you could do is respect mine.
Yes, 0ddity, I am truly sorry for the grief I've caused. You're a great guy. Don't worry, I will stay out of your thread. Can I discuss this in PM, because I'm confused and things are running too fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o