Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
dont buy that, theres nothing special in that pack, everything they offer will be doable soon without them getting profit

As far as i can remember, you need specific version FWs to do specific things, such as run Homebrew (v3). If this allows me to stay on whatever FW i want no matter what, it is a HUGE selling point! Or if it is working on ALL versions.

Reactions: TAUSENN

Raynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if the price is reasonable AND we can launch for example Atmosphere or at least other homebrew applications, then Im gonna buy it.
Im kinda new to the scene, but this to me looks like the perfect solution for CFW and non-banable online, right? If I want to launch a gba emulator or modded botw I boot into CFW, if I want to play Pokemon/Smash/MHGU online, I boot into the latest stock firmware.

13_Switch_Hacker_37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Will this work on every firmware?
2. What happens if Nintendo puts out a new firmware and releases games that require the latest version? Will spoofing be possible and will it work?

WHAT PART OF THIS DID YOU NOT GET

upload_2018-5-14_11-18-7.png

D

Deleted User

I'm afraid this will just kill the spirit of the homebrew. Just YouTube be /Z8TSo3lIK00

All the fun, all the things being made for the scene, will die just because some people just want to make profit from piracy. A real shame.
It did nothing but promote homebrew when they messed with the xbox 360

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yea... thats what I guessed, no price revealed until preorders are availables

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

woah, almost 700 person viewing this thread :O
Price here is the real kicker, I'd buy this just to skip hooking up to a PC every boot, but only if the price is right. I wouldn't drop £80 on it that's for sure.

Also the CFW stability, sleep mode etc will definitely need confirmation before I'd be willing to pay. I don't think I would pre-order untill I had a good idea about the actual product.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1. Will this work on every firmware?
That's what they're advertising so I'd assume so.
2. What happens if Nintendo puts out a new firmware and releases games that require the latest version? Will spoofing be possible and will it work?
There will likely be an emunand-esque situation going on.
3. If they're using a RCM jig, is the "soldered version" merely just a "ground pin 10" method?
Probably, lol. Or maybe it's a mini version of the dongle inside of the tablet.
4. If they have a untethered dongle for the charge port that's providing the CFW, can that CFW payload be dumped and used by everyone else here for free via one of the already available tethered methods?
Probably. But that's not a great idea, to use their payload. See: gateway bricking incident.
In terms of using your own payload, yeah that's what I'm waiting to find out.
5. Does the dongle itself have any data storage within that the Switch is accessing? Maybe the backup games that it's loading are not on the SD card but inside the dongle itself?
Probably not. It's unlikely they would jump through those hoops for little to no apparent benefit.
6. Maybe I'm overestimating TX, F0F, Reswitched, etc. But are we always going to have to use RCM for exploits or will we eventually get an untethered cold boot CFW that "just works" like Luma3DS and HENkaku Enso?
It'll get there. it took the 3DS years to get even where we are now. The scene has to walk before it runs.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, if it works on all FW, do they also mean futures FW too?

It's the exact same deal as Fusee Gelee. All firmwares are vulnerable, but you're doomed if you're an end user in the future who owns a Mariko-revision Switch until non-RCM based methods are available.

Last edited by Irastris,

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wonder if it would work with any firmware update. I only have one switch and I don't want to miss on the online of Pokemon if I get this or any other hack really.

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Conceptually I understand your point, but they did make their f-g-esque payload (that we see in the video) and they developed their game-loading software (also seen in the video). They didn't just fork and compile Atmosphere and call it a day.
I would never complain if they had released something free and just asked for donations, independently of it being used for loading commercial games.

Reactions: thequickbrownfox

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Price here is the real kicker, I'd buy this just to skip hooking up to a PC every boot, but only if the price is right. I wouldn't drop £80 on it that's for sure.

Also the CFW stability, sleep mode etc will definitely need confirmation before I'd be willing to pay. I don't think I would pre-order untill I had a good idea about the actual product.
ye same
I won't preorder it
I will probably buy it later when I know more about the product

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
It's got a usb connector, guessing for updates so I can't imagine you won' eventually be able to put any payload you want on.

Xecutor surely wouldn't even care enough to try and stop it surely, they get their money for the device I imagine that's all they care about, after that I doubt they would give a shit tbh.

If I was them I'd put the feature in as a default! profit for them off other people's work as units are bought simply for the ease of portability.

Knowing TX they will surely release updates. They made their own CFWs and kept updating them all the time so it is not like they do not stand behind their products.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?