Team Xecuter Announces android app: SX Tools

Team-Xecuter is yet again, expanding their SX Family line-up!
SXTools.jpg

Now adding a FREE app for Android owners to easy launch their SX OS, check out all the official PR details below:

Another day, another update. This time it is a neat little app for Android users.

If you want an easy way to use SX OS and have trouble understanding how to select the payload, then SX Tools is for you. No need to download the SX loader payload and manually select it from the app.

Quick instructions:
  1. Install the apk to an OTG capable android phone.
  2. Connect the Switch to the phone.
  3. On the first use, the app will ask for permission to "use USB device" when the Switch is connected. Check the "Use by default..." and press "OK"
  4. SX OS will boot now.
That's it. You don't even need to open the app to use it. Just install it and connect the Switch. Even when the phone is locked, it will work.

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

To download the new SX TOOLS app, please check out the official SX Family portal: --> https://sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Debacle is still relevant, especially now that this has come to light. They need to add the MIT license to their site, if they do that, at least legally they're in the clear.

Of course, morally it's absolutely trash knowing this and it's probably the most outright proof that TX is harmful to the scene.
I don't think a company that primarily deals with piracy-enabling devices is particularly bothered by being in the clear legally which is why I wasn't too bothered by the legal aspects of the case from the get-go. I'm more interested in appropriate scene behaviour, which this isn't, but I'm no judge.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow tx you're ripping off people's shit with no care in this world lolol

All they did was change the damn app icon. This is disgraceful
what dude don't fall for this slanderous gossip. you know tx is trueblue. It's called parallel-coding and happens all the time. Basically two groups or people make completely identical code except when it comes to icons and name and stuff. Don't let this bring down your opinion of these guys.

Reactions: veddermandan

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think a company that primarily deals with piracy-enabling devices is particularly bothered by being in the clear legally which is why I wasn't too bothered by the legal aspects of the case from the get-go. I'm more interested in appropriate scene behaviour, which this isn't, but I'm no judge.
I mean, this release literally invalidates any defenders that say "why doesn't the open source version offer the same feature set" (which is a super common argument I see being made against critics of TX), which just doesn't hold up in this case where they literally just rereleased it

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I mean, this release literally invalidates any defenders that say "why doesn't the open source version offer the same feature set" (which is a super common argument I see being made against critics of TX), which just doesn't hold up in this case where they literally just rereleased it
I don't take sides, it's not my job to take sides. I did GUI jobs myself way back when, but when I did one, I gave credit where credit was due and introduced new features to differentiate myself from the original, otherwise what's the point? The best course of action for TX right now would be to just link to the GitHub instead, that's where the app originates from and that's where the code and the license is hosted, which would make it compliant. No pre-compiled binary, but at least they'd give credit to the community.

D

Deleted User

Useless if it doesn't work on every phone with otg 4.4+
It's the same nxloader

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
This is proof that all they care for is money. They don't give a shit about the community. They don't give a shit about their customers. All they give a shit about is your money. And GBAtemp allows them to advertise aswell (everyone knows gary is a paid cheerleader). People should be made aware of what they support when they buy anything from TX.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is proof that all they care for is money. They don't give a shit about the community. They don't give a shit about their customers. All they give a shit about is your money. And GBAtemp allows them to advertise aswell (everyone knows gary is a paid cheerleader). People should be made aware of what they support when they buy anything from TX.
I don't think they only care about money, these guys are personal close friends of mine. And all they talk about is how much they love the community and take what little money they make from this work of love of theirs and use it to buy equipment to make more awesome stuff for the scene. Team xecuter rocking the baby since switch 2018!

Reactions: veddermandan

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they only care about money, these guys are personal close friends of mine. And all they talk about is how much they love the community and take what little money they make from this work of love of theirs and use it to buy equipment to make more awesome stuff for the scene. Team xecuter rocking the baby since switch 2018!
Hello i am TX leader, thank you for post, $200 in paypal soon.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true. My dad works for TX and he told me the opposite.

devpanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Considering that NXLoadder has a MIT license, they did nothing wrong. In fact they could ask money for it and it still would be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo