Team Xecuter Announces android app: SX Tools

Team-Xecuter is yet again, expanding their SX Family line-up!
SXTools.jpg

Now adding a FREE app for Android owners to easy launch their SX OS, check out all the official PR details below:

Another day, another update. This time it is a neat little app for Android users.

If you want an easy way to use SX OS and have trouble understanding how to select the payload, then SX Tools is for you. No need to download the SX loader payload and manually select it from the app.

Quick instructions:
  1. Install the apk to an OTG capable android phone.
  2. Connect the Switch to the phone.
  3. On the first use, the app will ask for permission to "use USB device" when the Switch is connected. Check the "Use by default..." and press "OK"
  4. SX OS will boot now.
That's it. You don't even need to open the app to use it. Just install it and connect the Switch. Even when the phone is locked, it will work.

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

To download the new SX TOOLS app, please check out the official SX Family portal: --> https://sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So uh, hello. Just saw this today as I was out with friends last night. And whoa, did this escalated quickly.

Few notes:

1. I'm not affiliated with TX.
2. SXTools was forked from NXLoader.
3. It was originally named SXLoader but I fear it would be confusing for it to have the same name as the payload.
5. I've made SXLoader(SXTools) so that it's somewhat noob-friendly(ier?).
6. I moved the repo since I want to use the forked repo as my modified NXLoader repo, but with Hekate as default payload.
7. I just contacted TX via email and told them they can use the app however they want it.
8. I did not sold it to them, it's open-source.
9. Note #4 was skipped.

I hope this clears a few things up, now if you guys can excuse me, I still need my hangover sleep. Good afternoon and Eid Mubarak!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
While you can grant permissions for your own changes, the project you forked, NXLoader remains under MIT and the source sections that weren't changed remain under MIT. While you giving permission is a nice gesture to them (even if I personally disagree with it, since it's mistreating you and you let them waltz over you, but that's your choice), unfortunately for both you and TX, they still are in violation of NXLoaders MIT license.

Edit: NVM, they are in compliance.

Now I wonder what all the guys who said TX 'stole' it will say? Glad it took him 7 pages of typical TX hate to finally show that this was all done properly!
A. It was done after the fact
B. Still shitty behavior.

All TX are guilty of is taking other peoples "open source" and tweaking it to make it play nicer with their cfw and all in all make it better. The only thing they are charging money for is the xci loader, which the "scene" hasn't even been able to duplicate yet (scratches head), maybe because the "scene" isn't about piracy? (yea right lolz). Everything else is provided free of charge. Fuck the GPL damn dirty hippies, use a real license or none at all.

It's an untweaked repackage. And the GPL is a legally upholding license, over which people have been successfully sued, which has zero to do with this instance anyway. Next.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Works on all my phones, your phone manufacturer's lack of hardware support or providers locked down phone policies is in no way the fault of TX or the creator of app.
It is not. The app doesn't work on some phones because some phones don't have the USB driver the app needs. Look it up, have been countless of cases where the app doesn't work because some phones lack that particular usb driver the app needs

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While you can grant permissions for your own changes, the project you forked, NXLoader remains under MIT and the source sections that weren't changed remain under MIT. While you giving permission is a nice gesture to them (even if I personally disagree with it, since it's mistreating you and you let them waltz over you, but that's your choice), unfortunately for both you and TX, they still are in violation of NXLoaders MIT license.

A. After the fact
B. See above, the guy doesn't have full rights to make such a claim.

It's an untweaked repackage. And the GPL is a legally upholding license, over which people have been successfully sued, which has zero to do with this instance anyway. Next.
Well whoopdeedoo! And it has everything to do with anything. Keep your nazi gpl.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well whoopdeedoo! And it has everything to do anything. Keep your nazi gpl.
Err, the GPL isn't what NXLoader or SXTools/SXLoader is licensed under (which is MIT). Which is what this is about.

This thread isn't about SX OS, which uses components that are under the GPL. Different beast altogether and not this subject.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a reason why GPL is so widespread. Don't like it? Don't use it! Attitudes like yours is why devs hate this site and why they choose restrictive licenses in the first place or make their work closed source.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Err, the GPL isn't what NXLoader or SXTools/SXLoader is licensed under (which is MIT). Which is what this is about.

This thread isn't about SX OS, which uses components that are under the GPL. Different beast altogether and not this subject.
There is a reason why GPL is so widespread. Don't like it? Don't use it! Attitudes like yours is why devs hate this site and why they choose restrictive licenses in the first place or make their work closed source.

Exactly. MIT license, they are free to do whatever they want. So everyone is bitching for no reason and hating on tx just to hate on someone.
Brings new light to the saying "haters will hate".

D

Deleted User

Team Xecuter stealing the front line, good thing this app loads XCI's on Android

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Edit: NVM, they are in compliance.

A. It was done after the fact
B. Still shitty behavior.

What is probably ironic is they are probably in compliance of the change made to the open source one. That credited the author.
And they didn't modify it.
Also they still say nothing on their site, so still a violation.

Last edited by mariogamer,

therysin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"OMG they stole code from an open source project!" Whoopdeedoo. It's easy if everything is on a single page. Most people use SX OS and with everything already being on their page why not add an android app with their payload as default? It's free. It's not like they took nxloader and make you pay for it. You guys whine about every fucking thing.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"OMG they stole code from an open source project!" Whoopdeedoo. It's easy if everything is on a single page. Most people use SX OS and with everything already being on their page why not add an android app with their payload as default? It's free. It's not like they took nxloader and make you pay for it. You guys whine about every fucking thing.
hello i am tx leader thank you for post, $100 to your paypal soon ok

Juggalo Debo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks identical to NXLoader.
u beat me to it lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my 1 question is, if I have autorcm enabled and turn off my switch or anything like that will I still need to hook up to pc for tegra smash or will this actually work?

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
u beat me to it lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my 1 question is, if I have autorcm enabled and turn off my switch or anything like that will I still need to hook up to pc for tegra smash or will this actually work?

If your phone supports OTG USB and is compatible with the app then yeah

Reactions: Juggalo Debo

therysin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does, I used nxloader but u have to trigger rcm u can't use auto rcm. that's y I was asking since this is sooooooo close to nxloader
It isn't close to nxloader, it is. All they changed is the about section and the default payload. When I say they, I mean the one guy forked and changed it.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is China we are talking about - where they make knockoff brand of everything.

funny-name-brand-imitation-3__605.jpg
funny-name-brand-imitation-9__605.jpg

Seems legit...

...............,´¯`,
.........,´¯`,..../
....../¯/.../..../
..../../.../..../..,-----,
../../.../....//´...........`.
./../.../..../......../´¯\....\
('.('..('....('.......|.....'._.'
.\....................`\.../´...)
...\.....................V...../