Team Xecuter Announces android app: SX Tools

Team-Xecuter is yet again, expanding their SX Family line-up!
SXTools.jpg

Now adding a FREE app for Android owners to easy launch their SX OS, check out all the official PR details below:

Another day, another update. This time it is a neat little app for Android users.

If you want an easy way to use SX OS and have trouble understanding how to select the payload, then SX Tools is for you. No need to download the SX loader payload and manually select it from the app.

Quick instructions:
  1. Install the apk to an OTG capable android phone.
  2. Connect the Switch to the phone.
  3. On the first use, the app will ask for permission to "use USB device" when the Switch is connected. Check the "Use by default..." and press "OK"
  4. SX OS will boot now.
That's it. You don't even need to open the app to use it. Just install it and connect the Switch. Even when the phone is locked, it will work.

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

To download the new SX TOOLS app, please check out the official SX Family portal: --> https://sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Brawl345,
Reactions: ItsKipz

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So why not use nxloader... At least you can see nxloaders source code.

Wouldn't ever run, given TXs shady past with bricking code. My Android is more valuable to me than my switch.

Edit: source seemingly exists, but still don't really see the point.

Its legally required. Welcome to the law, it is pedantic
I'm familiar with the law. The license is right there, in plain sight. It's not hidden in any way. You're absolutely being pedantic and I'm not sure why. With SX OS I could see a big problem - they haven't listed any of their sources. Here they do, but the community is dead-set on hating the team, which is fine, but you can at the very list admit that they're not concealing the origin of their source code. I'm sure they'll add the license to the pre-compiled binary if enough people whine about it, but I doubt that would satisfy the community. You're literally getting hung up on a technicality, as far as I'm concerned they're listing their source.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm familiar with the law. The license is right there, in plain sight. It's not hidden in any way. You're absolutely being pedantic and I'm not sure why. With SX OS I could see a big problem - they haven't listed any of their sources. Here they do, but the community is dead-set on hating the team, which is fine, but you can at the very list admit that they're not concealing the origin of their source code. I'm sure they'll add the license to the pre-compiled binary if enough people whine about it, but I doubt that would satisfy the community. You're literally getting hung up on a technicality, as far as I'm concerned they're listing their source.
That's just not even true - they stole an open source project and uploaded it on their site with 0 credit or license given.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Where are they doing that ? Seeing the GitHub is not theirs or in any way related to team xecuter

Reactions: ItsKipz

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Couldn’t agree more.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's just not even true - they stole an open source project and uploaded it on their site with 0 credit or license given.
Where are they doing that ? Seeing the GitHub is not theirs or in any way related to team xecuter
I was under the impression that this Github account belongs to one of the Xecuter members, am I incorrect? If that's the case then I retract my comment.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's always damage controlling. You never see him until l somebody starts talking shit about xecuter and then he suddenly pops up damage controlling
Probably the alt of a TX member then, or a really well paid "PR Manager".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was under the impression that this Github account belongs to one of the Xecuter members, am I incorrect? If that's the case then I retract my comment.
The SXTools project is a fork of NXLoader made by someone completely unrelated to TX.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No it's not one of their members. I thought so 2 at the beginning but it isn't related to them at all seeing that guy released that app almost 2 months ago

Reactions: Foxi4

MisterCandy

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
It's just as much a joke as the one you did when you made an account just to make that one post.
I don't use gbatemp so I just created this account now. Hopefully I remember my password so I can yell at tx for why tf they are doing that if they do something like that again (which they will)

Reactions: Draxzelex

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its still required. It's the only thing I'm hung up by at the moment (although my argument about why not use nxloader still stands, especially since in this case they don't even hide it).

They use nxloader, which is under the MIT license, which means they need to put the MIT license of nxloader along with the binaries on their site.

If they add that, I have no direct quarrel, although I do find it personally a little despicable they're putting other people's work as their own, but that's neither here or there for the bigger issue with them, as well as me failing to see the point as it's literally a reskin of an existing tool that does the job more than well.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Its still required. It's the only thing I'm hung up by at the moment (although my argument about why not use nxloader still stands, especially since in this case they don't even hide it).

They use nxloader, which is under the MIT license, which means they need to put the MIT license of nxloader along with the binaries on their site.

If they add that, I have no direct quarrel, although I do find it personally a little despicable they're putting other people's work as their own, but that's neither here or there for the bigger issue with them, as well as me failing to see the point as it's literally a reskin of an existing tool that does the job more than well.
As it turns out, it's not actually their Github, it's a homebrew fork that was lifted as a pre-compiled APK which I was unaware of at the time, so the whole debacle is irrelevant now.
Why not ask the creator?
Maybe they’ve made an agreement
The onus is on TE to supply the source of their code.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
As it turns out, it's not actually their Github, it's actually a homebrew app that was lifted as a pre-compiled APK which I was unaware of at the time, so the whole debacle is irrelevant now.
Debacle is still relevant, especially now that this has come to light. They need to add the MIT license to their site, if they do that, at least legally they're in the clear.

Of course, morally it's absolutely trash knowing this and it's probably the most outright proof that TX is harmful to the scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @Xdqwerty It's the trailer for the movie The Greasy Strangler.