Hacking Team Cyclops releases "Edge 360".

Nathanaël

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Team Cyclops, famous for beeing neglectful of their buggy and incomplete Nintendo DS flash cards "Cyclops iEvolution" and "iEdge" is just trying to release a new product for Xbox:

vRh9G.png

http://www.edge-360.cn/index.html

Source:
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11370

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
This has been in development for a while.

The chip allows the booting of unsigned code on the XboX 360, irrespective of Kernel version, and on all versions of the X360 and X360 Slim motherboard (Except Xenon Motherboard),

Edge360 GX works by sending pulses to the console’s processor thereby allowing unsigned code to boot as if it was legitimate signed code. Through the differential timing of this attack, the Edge360 GX repeats the process until booting of unsigned code is successful. Once this has been achieved, XeLL, the Xenon Linux Loader is booted.

- Onboard Actel reprogrammable via JTAG without soldering (programmer will be sold separately)
- Quick boot code, from 10 seconds to 1 minute.
- Fully compatible with all models of Xbox 360 FAT and SLIM (Offline mode)
- Execute unsigned code on Xbox 360 to enable homebrew!

RRP will be:
$19.99 from China sites
$29.99+ USA
£24.99+ UK
€29.99+ Europe

Will be available worldwide on 11th September 2011

I have an email from team edge stating that this is an official product of there's.

The email suggests this website is only a temporary site.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
JYw70.jpg

This is the actual product.

The Edge 360 GX is actually the cheapest Gligli glitch hack Based mod chip to buy wholesale.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_BowC0UB4[/youtube]
XeLL, the Xenon Linux Loader being booted.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is though, TC isn't supporting what they already have released (EVO and iEVO, not to mention other products they have long since abandoned). What makes anyone think this will receive anything but the same poor support?

I don't know anything about 360 modchips (don't have a 360), but if Supercard or Acekard or someone who DOES still support their products makes a 360 modchip, I would buy that instead. Heck, if YWG or RetroGameFan made a modchip, I'd be more likely to purchase theirs, because at least they have proven reliable with support.....and for products they didn't even make themselves.

My point is that TC doesn't exactly have a great track-record right now as far as support for their products. A new product is useless without support.

Let me ask you this, how many current (or previous, as the case is becoming) EVO and iEVO owners would buy this modchip for their 360? I certainly wouldn't. TC's non-communication on their forums, as well as the way they just straight-up (and without warning) stopped supporting their products, can't help but give a person serious reservations about buying anything further from them.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Problem is though, TC isn't supporting what they already have released (EVO and iEVO, not to mention other products they have long since abandoned). What makes anyone think this will receive anything but the same poor support?

Let me ask you this, how many current (or previous, as the case is becoming) EVO and iEVO owners would buy this modchip for their 360? I certainly wouldn't. TC's non-communication on their forums, as well as the way they just straight-up (and without warning) stopped supporting their products, can't help but give a person serious reservations about buying anything further from them.

This mod chip uses someone else hack. I'm sure it will receive 3rd party support.

The NAND programmer is delayed until after the next Chinese holiday.

Also as far as I'm aware this will be the cheapest mod of this type available as its currently the cheapest at the wholesalers.

Agreed on poor support in recent months from team TC and the Edge team but I have been told they really are trying to working on updates and game compatibility will follow lets hope the follow through.

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So will this allow me to play xbla games that I haven't bought

As well is there any risk of damaging the xbox with this pulse rhat it sends and does it come with installation instructions I wanna get one so bad but can't find an answer to those three questions

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
kasek said:

-It should let you play Xbox Live Arcade games.

QUOTE(kasek @ Sep 18 2011, 02:17 AM) As well is there any risk of damaging the xbox with this pulse rhat it sends and does it come with installation instructions I wanna get one so bad but can't find an answer to those three questions

There is a risk of damaging your XBOX when you open it but not by running the GLIGLI glitch its self.

For instructions download them here in a few weeks time.

Nathanaël

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
kasek said:

As well is there any risk of damaging the xbox with this pulse rhat it sends and does it come with installation instructions I wanna get one so bad but can't find an answer to those three questions

You know, these guys that made this "Edge 360" chip caused some nightmares already. As you can see in this thread. Some stupid kids bought their $50 Nintendo cards which are... a usless piece of plastic. They just deactivated their forum again because they don't like to read all the complaints anymore.

I'd recommend to keep an eye on this chip:

http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/product_d...item_id=2312889

It's $20 as well, and the team is more trustworthy. Any team is more trustworthy. Just get anything without "Cyclops" or "Edge" on the sticker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o