Tales of Vesperia

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
- Bandai Namco announced Tales of Vesperia at Jump Festa 2008, the latest Tales RPG, the game features character designs from Kosuke Fujishima, the game will have celshaded graphics; animation will be handled by Production I.G., the game is scheduled for a 2008 release in Japan. No platform has been announced, but one assumes the game is for PS3 because Bandai Namco's release schedule has an unnamed new RPG listed for PS3.

tov1zm8.jpg

No! I guess I shouldn't expect it to come to the Wii since it's getting a sequel to Symphonia. But still? Why the PS3?
frown.gif

Source: The Magic Box

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I dislike Sony and the PS3 at the moment, I do acknowledge that it has the potential. Especially in a cell-shaded Tales game if they get the shading engine down. Lack of "jaggies" due to a high resolution would definitely make the entire thing look a lot better.

If any game could make me get a PS3 it's a well done Tales game.

In a way, I kind of hope it isn't good...because getting a PS3 is still awfully pricey. XD

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are also some rumors that this game is for the Xbox 360.
But again, it are all rumors, nothing is for sure.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked Phantasia, but I think a lot of that came from the horrendously over-the-top fan translation that poked fun of itself (pretentiousness and JRPGs normally go hand in hand). Symphonia was pretty meh. And if this is in the same vain as that there's no chance of me ever touching it.

Also, I've promised myself not to bother with games that stretch out to more than 30 hours, unless they manage to fill the playtime with something worthwhile (hint: endless grinding is not my idea of 'worthwhile').

Edit:

QUOTE said:
Lack of "jaggies" due to a high resolution would definitely make the entire thing look a lot better.
Ehm, high(er) resolution(s) do not take away "jaggies" - if anything, they magnify them. Anti-aliasing however does.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I liked Phantasia, but I think a lot of that came from the horrendously over-the-top fan translation that poked fun of itself (pretentiousness and JRPGs normally go hand in hand). Symphonia was pretty meh. And if this is in the same vain as that there's no chance of me ever touching it.

Also, I've promised myself not to bother with games that stretch out to more than 30 hours, unless they manage to fill the playtime with something worthwhile (hint: endless grinding is not my idea of 'worthwhile').

Edit:

QUOTE said:
Lack of "jaggies" due to a high resolution would definitely make the entire thing look a lot better.
Ehm, high(er) resolution(s) do not take away "jaggies" - if anything, they magnify them. Anti-aliasing however does.
I wasn't talking about those jaggies, haha.

I meant the jaggies on the edges of models due to fewer pixels to render on which are most noticible on rounded edges and such.
You can't tell me you don't notice it going from say, 640x480 to 1280x1024+.
AA certainly helps to smooth those out on lower resolutions though.

Anyway, the game looks pretty enough from the shots and video...but not enough so to justify the PS3 purchase.
Maybe when everything gets cheaper or it's ported somewhere else...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-