Gaming Tales of Symphonia 2 *COUNTDOWN*

Kusan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, yeah, Tales of Symphonia is supposed to come out tomorrow (Novemeber 11th)
Some people may have already played the japanese version, I decided to wait to fully understand everything.

I loved ToS for GC so, what are your expectations? Will you buy it? Do you want to play it non-stop by 10 days? XD
Post your comments about this game here!

And for those looking for a great RPG for the Wii, GET THIS TITLE...the GCN one was absolutely awesome

cheers for ToS 2!!

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's already the 11th where I live, but not yet in America. Once I get my hands on it I plan to decompose in front of my wii until I finish it.

Kusan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Me too, my patients can heal themselves lol

(SPOILERS: DONT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED TOS!!!)
Maybe in this game they'll say the name of the damned tree? (you know, in the ending...it ended at "The tree's name will be...")
(sorry I dont know how to put spoilers)

(SPOILERS END)

I need ToS 2 NOW..i'll play world at war in the mean time

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
With regards to the tree's name:
It was heavily implied that the tree's name is Yggdrasill, the same name as the tree in Tales of Phantasia. Symphonia is supposively a prequel to Phantasia as in they both occur in the same "world".

Also, only fairly recently did I learn how to use spoiler tags. Type [spoiler-] Stuff [/spoiler-] but remove the "-" signs.

As for my excitement? I've pre-ordered this game already but I somehow doubt it'll be as awesome as ToS.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Review on IGN:

QUOTE said:
Closing Comments
Wii gamers desperate for a role-playing game, particularly those that enjoyed the first Symphonia, might be able to overlook Dawn of the New World's tired gameplay and convoluted story. This was made for those fans and they probably decided long ago to get this sequel. But games have moved beyond these linear adventures. I can't think of much here to recommend to anyone new to this series. The real-time battle system is fun, but slogging through hours and hours of awkward dialogue in an on-rails undertaking isn't. Dawn's visuals are sufficient, but don't look like anything that couldn't have been done on the GameCube. Being the only RPG on the Wii's horizon, this doesn't feel like a relief -- it feels rather depressing.

Link.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've never played a Tales of game, but I'm looking forward to this one
smile.gif

Time to see what's all the fuzz is about.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the Tales battle system but I have yet to play a Tales game with a great story, or music that fits the situation at hand, or with good voice acting, etc.

I'll be playing this, but I'm not expecting much.

Kusan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't care about what IGN or GameSpot or any major game magazines say about games.
Not after they put an 8.5 on Metroid Prime 3 claiming it was more of the same, and they put higher grade to Halo 3 claiming...it was "more of the same but in this case, it's great" (yeah...$$GREAT$$). These magazines tend to put low grades on great games and high grades over boring ones just because they come from "big ones". So...GS's and IGN's opinion to me is like listening to a deaf about what he likes when listening music.

GS put a low grade on ToS as well, but I enjoy playing ToS more than playing FFIX or any FF, I get tired of turn based combat and 3 minute long summons to get "0" or "Miss". Nothing against FF...but Tales series are funnier to play.

I'm still waiting...

Daihatsuboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely loved ToS and would love to get this but unfortunately, I don't really have time for a console RPG at the moment... Hopefully there will be a price drop when I finally do.
rofl.gif

matthewn4444

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the first game, but the when I played the Japanese version it was kind of a let down (especially how good they could have made the graphics). Anyways I'm still goina buy this, who's with me? More 'Tales of' games on wii!! (there's another tales game coming on wii btw).

pokeroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
matthewn4444 said:
I loved the first game, but the when I played the Japanese version it was kind of a let down (especially how good they could have made the graphics). Anyways I'm still goina buy this, who's with me? More 'Tales of' games on wii!! (there's another tales game coming on wii btw).

i'm with you

still waiting..

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kusan said:
I don't care about what IGN or GameSpot or any major game magazines say about games.
Not after they put an 8.5 on Metroid Prime 3 claiming it was more of the same, and they put higher grade to Halo 3 claiming...it was "more of the same but in this case, it's great" (yeah...$$GREAT$$). These magazines tend to put low grades on great games and high grades over boring ones just because they come from "big ones"

Wait, you mean Nintendo isn't a 'big one'?

Both Metroid Prime 3 and Halo 3 were 'more of the same'. Which one introduced a whole slew of game-lengthening features, though?

Don't get me wrong, I loved Metroid Prime 3. I loved Halo 3 too, though, and honestly, Halo 3 brought a whole lot more new features to the table than MP3 did. I can't help but to agree with their MP3 score (game was far too linear, my only complaint but that's one hell of a complaint to have with a Metroid game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: