• Replies 1,671

darkknight_ephre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
It doesn't matter to me at all. It's great to see your update. Keep up the good work mate, I'm rootin' for you
yaynds.gif

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
That's great, your translations become more professional by the second. Hell, Bamco should be paying you guys for this great service. Wish I could contribute but my Japanese is just not there yet. :/ Also like to thank you for your great work on Tales of Phantasia, best game ever. ^.^

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
throughhim413 said:
It's been a while since the last update, but here it is at long last! The big news this time? Luca's name has been changed to Lucas. It's a change I've wanted to make for a long time and finally decided to. This time, my blog post is kind of ranty, but well, the translation is still moving as always.

amazing work. ToI is my anticipated game of 2009!

ZetraEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for this =] I've never played any Tales Of games in my life because I only had the hand held systems.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I must use a laser-saber now..............George Lucas is not happy with simple metal................

D

Deleted-134647

OP
No, our script is not done. No, we will not use that one as reference.

First of all, you can't just go around stealing other translations and putting them in game. That would be rude and disrespectful. Second, that script isn't of usable quality. Just compare the video we posted to their translation of the intro and I hope you'll see the difference.

We'll continue to do things our way and at our own pace.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
winrehs said:
I just want to ask if the game script translations are finished?

If not, want to try this one for reference?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/942204/54812

You need to stop asking him! It's starting to become a nuisance and you know it. Patience takes a thousands miles with just one step, you shouldn't be hasty just asking him.

Amherst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That latest blog post seemed so out of place, I always looked at this as a great example of a translation project, often inviting the comments of fans for help with menus, translations etc. so you could end up with a translation that everyone would love and could be proud of.
To just change Luca's name like that though... first of all I cant see why you would considering the name Luca is a perfectly normal name, then again with the positive response the change seemed to get from everyone you could probably rename him 'Rumplepotstiltskin III' and people would say "I'm cool with that change!", but mainly it was just so sudden and final.
Dont get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the translation as much as everyone and I think you're effort is very impressive. Of course its your translation and the final names rest with you but you said it yourself: "You do not have to agree with me".
Even some major game companies will change the name of a character if fans tell them they may have made a mistake, I'm not saying you should do everything the fans of this translation demand, that would be stupid, but it wouldnt be a bad idea to mention it before finalizing such a major change.
I mean you created a switch to please fans who liked localized skills/items and those who prefer original skills/items! Thats great and far above and beyond what anyone would expect from a fan translation!
So please dont look at this as a negative post, as I've looked at your translation as probably one of the best ones out there up until that latest post, simply because it goes against everything you've done so far.

Amherst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone can be a jackass on the Internet, but it takes a real good person to acknowledge that they were one. I guessed you must have had some reason to be so blunt but couldnt figure it out because all the posters here and on the blog are always cool with your decisions. Anyway I hope you can ignore all those name purists, they wont be happy with any kind of translation that isnt 100% literal (despite whether it would make sense or not).

So keep up the good work, I cant wait for it!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii