Tales of Innocence terminology help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by bloodhonor212, Jul 9, 2010.

Jul 9, 2010
  1. bloodhonor212
    OP

Newcomer bloodhonor212 Member

Philippines
    Ok... so I have the game patched and I've been reading the story and I can say that I sort of understand it but then again not really.

what exactly are the devas? are they gods who've tried to take over?

devaloka is the home of the gods right?

Naraka is the home for humans right?

Why is the kid in the game luca, secretly Asura? How is that possible?

2. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    There's an explanation in the README of the patch.

EDIT: The readme only explains the terminology. How Luca is Asura will probably be explained near the end of the game.

3. bloodhonor212
    OP

Newcomer bloodhonor212 Member

Philippines
    umm..it only puts where it comes from but i want an explanation, but thanks!

4. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I'd like to say "yes" to what you're saying for your second and third queries, but I think I fell asleep during some explanations. *shakes fist at playing while tired*. Sounds right though.

As for how Luca is Asura...
    It explains that early on, sort of. As far as the start of the game says, the people who have dreams of the past are remembering their past lives, so that means the people from the past are reincarnated as the people in the present.

So, Luca was Asura in a past life.

If there is a more detailed explanation, it probably comes as you progress the game.

5. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    A deva is literally another term for God/Deity. A hindu term. SO you were right except for the "trying to take over" bit.
    Devaloka is where the God's reside and can be considered as heaven as this is where people go when they have been reincarnated enough times after they have understood every aspect of the world.
    Naraka is considered to be where human's reside and can be considered as hell as this is where we all suffer and such.

Luca is Asura reincarnated! [​IMG]

I'm a bit hazy on my Hinduism knowledge so I'm not sure if this is correct.