Gaming Tales of graces f.... I have to play this XD

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have been loyal to the jailbreak scene from the beginning and have had full faith in it like many of you. No game has been worth me upgrading to the current fw to play... not MW3, being able to play UC3 w/o freezes, etc... but my all time favorite series, the "tales of" series, is localizing Graces f, and i have to not only support it by buying a pre ordered copy, but i gotta play it too! So my question is assuming no amazing breakthrough in the scene occurs between now and march 13th(its release date), how do you recommend I play the game? I do not want to have to do the soldering of some of the chips that allow you to go back and forth in fw (downgrading and upgrading fw)... & i know true blue has nothing but hate here, but I feel like a desperate nerd here needing his fill of tales of! Help!

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
currently you have three options to my understanding:

1. You buy a true blue dongle or the cobra one and wait for the release so you can play your game
2.buy a second PS3 just for newer games and online
3. play it at a friends house or borrow his ps3 for a week or two.

While I tend to agree with not getting a true blue dongle, I can't deny my stack of games waiting to be opened and enjoyed. Fortunately I have a backlog of games on ps2 and gamecube to enjoy for now but if it aint fixed by then I'll be buying one of those true blues.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup about how i feel to... even thought og borrowing a friends... i guess ill just have to wait and see... can cobra manager play newer games? didnt know it was capable of that...

Decho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would Tales of Graces F even require a firmware update? I thought that only newly developed games would have firmware updates, and old games recently localized would just require the older firmware.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would add a forth method:

4. Wait a little, and as it's a famous game, release/cracking group might find a way to patch it.

Look how many 3.60 to 3.72 games are working on 3.41/3.55 ;)
Alice Madness, Battle field 3, Brinks, Catherine (3.55 in Japan), Child of Eden , Duke Nukem, FIFA 12, House of the Dead, Hunted, InFamous2, LaNoire, MX vs. ATV Alive, Red River, Sonic Generations (3.70), Dark of the Moon, Uncharted 3 (3.72), Williams Pinball Classics.

Of course, not ALL of them get a fix, even if they are famous games (FF13-2, Skyrim, for example).

But it's a good idea to wait few days, even more seeing that there's already a working japanese release, so it might be easier to fix the USA release, like for Catherine (though, Catherine is more an undub/redub version).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would add a forth method:

4. Wait a little, and as it's a famous game, release/cracking group might find a way to patch it.

If someone does that i'll hunt them down and beat the shit out of them IRL.

As for a solution, I just upgraded to OFW and didn't look back. Honestly the only games you can really play are older games that are dirt cheap to buy anyway, and there isn't a ton of them. The amount of unplayable games just isn't worth it, and having a PS3 hacked isn't worth it either until a new CFW is released.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i will definitely hold off as mentioned I definitely cant say that i want it to get cracked though since this game is Namdai testing the american waters once more to see if they will release more... quite a pickle... once i finish vesperia, if it is not released ill probably go OFW...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have nearly completed Vasperia (sp), when is grace F coming out for the US? Or would I be better off getting the newest portable game?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have nearly completed Vasperia (sp), when is grace F coming out for the US? Or would I be better off getting the newest portable game?

Vesperia

Graces is out March 13th

You'd be better off getting both Tales of the Abyss 3DS and Graces F.
If you had to choose one or the other, i'd go for Graces F since it's newer, and fresh.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My recomendation is for the Dual ps3 solution Keep your Old ps3 on CFW, put OFW on a nice new Slim and play online/ new games on it

ben_not_benny

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think Tales of Graces F will be fixed for CFW because the Japanese version can be run on lower firmware (similar to Rune Factory Tides of Destiny).

I'm buying the game when it comes out next week. Hopefully they will localize Tales of Xillia too :creep:

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screw GT for giving this game a 6.7. People (AKA idiots) who rely too much on reviews will end up overlooking this game based off that review. They didn't have much of anything good to say about the game.

*sigh* I still hope this game has enough sales to warrant NamcoBandai to bring over Xillia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: