I spent the past few days preserving lost media! Tales of Deltora

LovelyDumpling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is Tales of Deltora. It's a lorebook for the Deltora series of books by Emily Rodda.

5DwY1qN.png

The red one is the Second Edition. It added 3 new stories not found in the first. It was only ever printed in Australia.

The first edition can still be found in some markets, but the second one is rare and no longer for sale anywhere— in any condition, for any price. I managed to buy a copy in 2019 that was the last one available.

Neither have either ever received an official digital release. The first has a scan on or two on Internet Archive, but the second is completely unarchived. Until now.

I have transcribed by hand the contents of the Second Edition, and created an epub version of the Tales of Deltora.

Other than the new stories, the Second Edition lacks the full color artwork that the First Edition had, and has a different Foreword. Using the scan from Internet Archive, I combined these things to make a definitive version in my epub.

Of course, due to copyright laws in addition to the rules of this website I of course can't share it here or anywhere publicly, but I've released it out in the wild and hopefully it'll be found by those who need it. As it is right now, it is the only way to read it if you do not already own a copy. There is no legal means of reading these stories.

I'm not here to share it, I'm by no means allowed to. But I was excited to finish such a project and wanted to share the news with y'all. This is by far the coolest thing I've ever done with my life, in my humble opinion.

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice !! That's actually really cool. Have you uploaded it to Lost Media Wiki yet ? They would appreciate that

Edit: Just realized, copyright.. yeah, never mind. Though you could still post about it on there and I'm sure anyone interested will shoot you a message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up