AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
6Toushiro9 said:
I am, although while working on translations.

That may be so, but for this game, you have to understand quite a bit, including how to check and change pointers in the arm9, if needed.
From knowledge, I know you haven't gotten the hang of that.
I havent got the hang of it, but I can still do it.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
6Toushiro9 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
6Toushiro9 said:

That may be so, but for this game, you have to understand quite a bit, including how to check and change pointers in the arm9, if needed.
How is that even possible?

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
6Toushiro9 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
6Toushiro9 said:

How is that even possible?
I can do it but im not that great at it

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6Toushiro9 said:

I think what Noitora is trying to say is since this is a hard game to hack it's not good for people who are still learning the first lessons of romhacking.
Besides, your translation needs your utmost attention right now, you may be waiting on translations, but you can easily use a Japanese dictionary to find skill words and translate those menus.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
6Toushiro9 said:

I think what Noitora is trying to say is since this is a hard game to hack it's not good for people who are still learning the first lessons of romhacking.
Besides, your translation needs your utmost attention right now, you may be waiting on translations, but you can easily use a Japanese dictionary to find skill words and translate those menus.
Its alright, Im ordering a japanese dictionary.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope not. This is one of the easier games to translate, just mainly menues.
biggrin.gif

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Didu50 said:
I hope not. This is one of the easier games to translate, just mainly menues.
biggrin.gif
i just looked into taiko's files again, and its not "one of the easier games to translate" from technical point of view.
text is embedded into compiled script files interpreted by game engine, to be able to properly translate it one needs to figure out those scripts' format

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
i just looked into taiko's files again, and its not "one of the easier games to translate" from technical point of view.
text is embedded into compiled script files interpreted by game engine, to be able to properly translate it one needs to figure out those scripts' format

Well, in a way... his signature kind of told us he doesn't really know what he's talking about
unsure.gif

I took a look at the files whenever the project was announced to offer some tips, but I couldn't get very far :/

seatab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
i don't think it has anything to do with scaleform
It probably doesn't, the *.swg files just have very similar layout and structure to the Scaleform GFx (and by extension, Flash SWF) formats, which is why I mentioned them.

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
seatab said:
theli said:
i don't think it has anything to do with scaleform
It probably doesn't, the *.swg files just have very similar layout and structure to the Scaleform GFx (and by extension, Flash SWF) formats, which is why I mentioned them.
i take my words back, i just examined swg files yet again, along with examining arm9 binary .. and such references as 'gotoAndPlay', '_root' , etc make me beleive swg files are indeed some kind of compiled actionscript files and this may be connected to some framework from scaleform (since their frameworks are based on flash)

seatab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
i take my words back, i just examined swg files yet again, along with examining arm9 binary .. and such references as 'gotoAndPlay', '_root' , etc make me beleive swg files are indeed some kind of compiled actionscript files and this may be connected to some framework from scaleform (since their frameworks are based on flash)
Yep.
smile.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kind of off topic, but I think that people interested in the Taiko games would be interested in Utacchi!, another DS rhythm game made by Konami. It's extremely fun and relatively obscure. Maybe if Taiko is too hard to translate due to technical issues, maybe you could take a swing at that game instead? >_>

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
seatab said:
theli said:
Yep.
smile.gif
too bad they are not standard swf files then, it would be trivial to translate if they were (disassemble with flasm, edit, assemble back)

seatab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
too bad they are not standard swf files then, it would be trivial to translate if they were (disassemble with flasm, edit, assemble back)
Yeah, unfortunately it's not virtually the same format like GFx is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@