Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Taiko_no_Tatsujin_DS2_cover.jpg
Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS: 7tsu no Shima no Daibouken

Hi, this is Koyorie, a new member of a gbatemp, but a very ambitious one at that. I've noticed that there has been no translated version of any Taiko game (Taiko Drum Master is a localization). I love all of the games in the series for their bright and cheery music, cute graphics, and overall fun and stylish appeal. So instead of begging for a translation I'm starting one of my own. We now have a Hacker and a translator so we should release a patch in the coming months, so watch this topic if you're interested
wink.gif

Reasons this game is being translated:
1. It has my favorite songs on it
2. The Dojo Yaburi mode doesn't have as much text as the third which is an rpg. I don't want to spend more than half a year on this.
3. The ds versions can be enjoyed by more people than the wii versions since they can be taken on the go and don't require a tv or drum.

So whoever wants to help need only ask. I can get away without a translator (Since the menu text is translated online), but for a full translation I will need a Japanese reader to translate the mail you receive and Dojo Yaburi mode plus other text.

Aims for the project are the following:

1. Translating all menu text

Secondary goals:

1. Translating Dojo Yaburi
2. Translating all descriptions
3. Translating miscellaneous text

So join if you can design a website/translate/hack. No other positions will be accepted at this time. Thank you.

Screenshots:

2250a.jpg

2311b.png

If this project is successful I would also like to do menu translations of the Taiko games on wii and ds.

Staff

Project Leader:Koyorie
Main English editor: Koyorie
Secondary translator: Jei
Hacker: 6Toushiro9

Positions needed
Hacker
Website designer
Translator (For Dojo Yaburi)
Pm me or post here if you're interested in doing either.

Last check was September 8, 2010.

Reactions: Eleganto

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
I wish I knew more to help out but I suck. I can't do anything. =(

But I will support you 100% and ask around to people I know here and elsewhere to see if I can get some help for you. =)

Thank you very much
happy.gif

I need a hacker the most so if you could find one who thinks they can do this that would be superb.

QUOTE(Inunah @ Aug 12 2010, 09:36 PM) Ummm... Translating this game isn't needed now. Try Taiko no Tatsujin DS Dororon Yokai Daikessen. That one has a full blown RPG that's barely understood.

Although I would love to see that game translated as well, I lack a translator and would like to already have one on board before I tackle such a huge project. Plus I think English fans will appreciate reading the menus in this game. I hope that if I make a patch more people will be willing to try this game out.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say that this game is pretty hard to hack. You'll need a bit of advanced skills to hack it. And in my opinion, this game can be enjoyed perfectly with just FAQs or Walkthroughs instead of the whole menus or scripts translation.

I'm not against the translation project or anything. I really love this game and I even imported it just to get the little cute drum sticks.
biggrin.gif
But I want to point out that it's really difficult to hack this game and you might not get very far if you don't have any idea about rom hacking.

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
If you learn romhacking, people may be more willing to help you, I know a few who would help, but only if you knew a little rom hacking.

I know a little, but not enough to do something like this. My hacking skills are bad, and even that's a generous overestimate
sad.gif

If you know a website I could start learning the kind of stuff I need I'd be willing to try
smile.gif

rastsan said:
what exactly did you need hacked? Be specific, as to what you can do, and what you can't do, please.

All Japanese text. The stuff in the dojo Yaburi is probably just a script file, but the menus are probably sprites and will need someone who knows what they're doing to edit them.

phoenixgoddess27 said:
QUOTE(rastsan @ Aug 13 2010, 12:19 AM)
what exactly did you need hacked? Be specific, as to what you can do, and what you can't do, please.

I think they did say, they can only be the editor.
They need the game hacked, I'm guessing to hack the graphics and the text.

That's right. My goal in this project isn't to make the fanbase happier (Although it certainly will) but it's to increase the fanbase a bit more. Like I said before, I love these games and would love if more people were interested so maybe we could end up having hacks of the game that include more songs and other things (Assuming a hacker plays this and then wants to do it).

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see the Taiko games translated, but its not really necessary. Why hasn't anyone translated the Ouendan games yet? (I would love to play through them again with the storyboards translated).

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
If jjjewel said this game is hard to hack, most likely, it probably is.
She's a pretty good programmer, but I will give you the proper links to learn some romhacking.

Thanks for the links
smile.gif

QUOTE(fudgenuts64 @ Aug 13 2010, 08:11 AM) I would like to see the Taiko games translated, but its not really necessary. Why hasn't anyone translated the Ouendan games yet? (I would love to play through them again with the storyboards translated).

I like the Ouendan games too, but if I ever decided to do them I would need a proper translator first.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
One of the reasons this game hasn't been picked yet is that the game literally has about 9 or ten files.
One big file with everything shoved into a list file, the sound file and strangely the icon file that usually is packed in the arm9.bin.
Not the first time I have seen this. There is a zoids game that does the same....
I need to look into it more to see if they partnered with anyone (for a file system packed into that one big file could be highly likely).

if its not and its just a compressed thing with all the neccasary stuff in the arm9.bin. Like goto compressed image in file here then print text from there then it may be more staraight forward. On the plus side adding an .nftr is actually pretty easy so if you do need to do that...

Anyways more of a look later.

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
One of the reasons this game hasn't been picked yet is that the game literally has about 9 or ten files.
One big file with everything shoved into a list file, the sound file and strangely the icon file that usually is packed in the arm9.bin.
Not the first time I have seen this. There is a zoids game that does the same....
I need to look into it more to see if they partnered with anyone (for a file system packed into that one big file could be highly likely).

if its not and its just a compressed thing with all the neccasary stuff in the arm9.bin. Like goto compressed image in file here then print text from there then it may be more staraight forward. On the plus side adding an .nftr is actually pretty easy so if you do need to do that...

Anyways more of a look later.

So are you looking into helping me?

seatab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've written some preliminary code that can unpack the list.bin/DATA.000 pair. The biggest hurdle is really only the compression on files (which is just the NDS standard, AFAIK) since I have not actually dealt with the NDS compression variants.

A packer will be trivial to whip up once I've gotten a hold on the compression stuff.

(edit: or I could just ignore compression altogether and just pack files uncompressed)

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seatab said:
I've written some preliminary code that can unpack the list.bin/DATA.000 pair. The biggest hurdle is really only the compression on files (which is just the NDS standard, AFAIK) since I have not actually dealt with the NDS compression variants.

A packer will be trivial to whip up once I've gotten a hold on the compression stuff.

(edit: or I could just ignore compression altogether and just pack files uncompressed)

If you could already unpack the DATA.000 then you can check the first byte of each unpacked file. If it starts with 10 (Hexadecimal 10), you can try using DarthNemesis's BatchLZ77 to decompress it. (The program's link is under DarthNemesis's signature, you can try to find his post around in this forum.)

The compression is LZ77 Type 10 (The default compression in BatchLZ77.) And I believe there are some texts with UTF-8 encoding scattered around the files. (There might be text with other encoding as well. I just randomly checked it and found one file with Japanese text in UTF-8 encoding.)

seatab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
If you could already unpack the DATA.000 then you can check the first byte of each unpacked file. If it starts with 10 (Hexadecimal 10), you can try using DarthNemesis's BatchLZ77 to decompress it. (The program's link is under DarthNemesis's signature, you can try to find his post around in this forum.)

The compression is LZ77 Type 10 (The default compression in BatchLZ77.) And I believe there are some texts with UTF-8 encoding scattered around the files. (There might be text with other encoding as well. I just randomly checked it and found one file with Japanese text in UTF-8 encoding.)
Yeah, I just didn't have a good implementation of LZ77, I found the specs in dsdecmp and wrote a decompressor. And yeah, the text is all UTF-8, I have a feeling these SWG files are Scaleform or something similar.

Currently the game runs completely fine with a rebuild of its game archive with fully uncompressed data.

seatab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
If you wouldn't mind, could you post a link with you compressor decompressor? Please. I want to try it on that zoids game I mentioned earlier.
What Zoids game are you referring to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over