smile.gif

seatab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://omploader.org/vNThxNg/seatab_tdm.zip

These tools are not protected against 'dumb' usage, and will probably crash in such situations.

Unpack the ROM using ndstool or such to get access to list.bin&DATA.000.

Click+drag list.bin onto seatab.TDM.Unpack.exe to unpack to that directory (into a subdirectory named archive_data). Or if you're smart enough you can give the arguments yourself, it's a console tool.

Inside this directory there will be more subdirectories of game files, and an archive.xml. The archive.xml is generated by my tool to preserve some information about the original archive (file ordering basically, necessary to regenerate correctly).

Edit files to your hearts content, then click+drag archive.xml onto seatab.TDM.Pack.exe and it will repack files into a list.bin&DATA.000 pair in that directory. Another console tool.

.bin = Raw binary data of various formats.
.swg = UI layout&scripting. Some 'SWF-like' format. I bet it's some variant of the Scaleform GFx formats.
.ntf = Texture data.
.snd = Sound data.

There are some other file types too other than what I've mentioned.

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seatab said:
http://omploader.org/vNThxNg/seatab_tdm.zip

These tools are not protected against 'dumb' usage, and will probably crash in such situations.

Unpack the ROM using ndstool or such to get access to list.bin&DATA.000.

Click+drag list.bin onto seatab.TDM.Unpack.exe to unpack to that directory (into a subdirectory named archive_data). Or if you're smart enough you can give the arguments yourself, it's a console tool.

Inside this directory there will be more subdirectories of game files, and an archive.xml. The archive.xml is generated by my tool to preserve some information about the original archive (file ordering basically, necessary to regenerate correctly).

Edit files to your hearts content, then click+drag archive.xml onto seatab.TDM.Pack.exe and it will repack files into a list.bin&DATA.000 pair in that directory. Another console tool.

.bin = Raw binary data of various formats.
.swg = UI layout&scripting. Some 'SWF-like' format. I bet it's some variant of the Scaleform GFx formats.
.ntf = Texture data.
.snd = Sound data.

There are some other file types too other than what I've mentioned.

Wow, you're awesome
happy.gif

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jei said:
If someone can extract and reinsert the images, I can edit them, like menu tabs or song names.

Also, I can read basic japanese like katakana and hiragana, but no kanji, so I'll probably won't serve as a head translator.

If you can do everything but the Dojo Yaburi mode text, then I'll consider you a translator until one that can do Dojo Yaburi comes. But it would be a huge help if you did it. Do you want me to pm you if someone makes a tool for you to do it?

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Koyorie said:
Jei said:
If someone can extract and reinsert the images, I can edit them, like menu tabs or song names.

Also, I can read basic japanese like katakana and hiragana, but no kanji, so I'll probably won't serve as a head translator.
If you can do everything but the Dojo Yaburi mode text, then I'll consider you a translator until one that can do Dojo Yaburi comes. But it would be a huge help if you did it. Do you want me to pm you if someone makes a tool for you to do it?
Doing a superficial check in a new game, the major part of the texts (tutorial, mails and the "quest" mode) uses kanji, thus I can only read it partially, so I don't think I'd be able to translate it properly (unless it was voiced, which it unfortunately isn't).

I can edit images though, which have quite a role in the game - plus, most menu choices are actually voiced - so granting an image extractor I could edit and translate them accordingly.

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jei said:
Koyorie said:
Jei said:

Doing a superficial check in a new game, the major part of the texts (tutorial, mails and the "quest" mode) uses kanji, thus I can only read it partially, so I don't think I'd be able to translate it properly (unless it was voiced, which it unfortunately isn't).

I can edit images though, which have quite a role in the game - plus, most menu choices are actually voiced - so granting an image extractor I could edit and translate them accordingly.

I have a contact in the fansub community who might be able to translate just the tutorial. But if you could do all that it would be terrific
smile.gif

Jei

Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Koyorie said:
Jei said:
Koyorie said:
Jei said:

I have a contact in the fansub community who might be able to translate just the tutorial. But if you could do all that it would be terrific
smile.gif
The images, yeah. The rest of the text, count me out as I'm not japanese-literate enough to do them.

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just wanted to give you all a quick update. Since we don't have a hacker yet, I'm going to try to find one somewhere else. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated though. In the first post, you will now see a date at the bottom. This is the last time I checked the thread. So rest assured if the date is less than a month from the actual date, I'm still keeping this project afloat.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Koyorie said:
Hi guys, I just wanted to give you all a quick update. Since we don't have a hacker yet, I'm going to try to find one somewhere else. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated though. In the first post, you will now see a date at the bottom. This is the last time I checked the thread. So rest assured if the date is less than a month from the actual date, I'm still keeping this project afloat.

You could go to romhacking.net and submit an ad that you need a romhacker.

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Koyorie said:

You could go to romhacking.net and submit an ad that you need a romhacker.

That's a good idea! I'll do that
happy.gif

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
taikoeng2zb4.png

well, i wrote an un/repacker about two years ago which i posted here nothing came out of it ... since then i remember numerous people requesting unpacker which i send them ... and nothing came out of that too ...

good luck to you and have fun
smile.gif
( i would like to see a translation but having many things needing my time irl i can't help you with hacking now )

Jei

Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
theli said:
well, i wrote an un/repacker about two years ago which i posted here nothing came out of it ... since then i remember numerous people requesting unpacker which i send them ... and nothing came out of that too ...

smile.gif
( i would like to see a translation but having many things needing my time irl i can't help you with hacking now )
Unfortunately both the unpacker and repacker links are returning 404 - can you please reupload them (granted you still have the files)?

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
*Snip

smile.gif

I would love to have the tools you have. And I hope it does get finished so everyone can enjoy this game. Thanks for sharing this
happy.gif

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
found it
http://theli.is-a-geek.org/files/misc/taiko_packer.7z binary
unfortunately i could not found a source (you can look at it with reflector though) ... but i'll post it if i find it also i doubt i would have a time to help you with hacking

If in the coming months you're free and you want to help and the project isn't done, feel free to step in. I'm okay with waiting a bit longer considering how long we've been waiting anyway
wink.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be great if you guys could somehow incorporate VWF (variable width font) into the Taiko no Tatsujin game. But I know that it'd be very difficult, and it'd require a really experienced hacker to incorporate it (I know this from reading the Mother 3 translation blog). Just saying, because that font in theli's screenshot looks pretty ugly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1