megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ahhh TnT. one of my favorite rhythm game series.
there are nearly no TnT's i haven't played *Only the ps2 ones obvious*
i hope this translation will become a full success

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
ahhh TnT. one of my favorite rhythm game series.
there are nearly no TnT's i haven't played *Only the ps2 ones obvious*
i hope this translation will become a full success

Tried Osu! yet? It's a free game that has both Taiko and Osu! modes (aka EBA and Taiko no tatsujin).

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolemdX said:
Well, I can read Hiragana and Katakana, and I know the workings of all the menus and game functions. I suppose that means I can translate...

You could probably help translate the menus if someone extracts them for you or you do it.
But if there's Kanji in the game, you'll need another translator.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
GolemdX said:
I can easily look up Kanji if there are any that I don't understand. That being said, there's not too much Kanji in Dojo Yaburi's dialogue.
As long as you can accurately translate things like "OH WEAR THIS THING HUR" into English, I don't care if you don't know Japanese at all! LOL

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already have someone who can translate the menus, but thanks for wanting to help anyway
smile.gif

I'll keep you on hold if you like if your skills become needed.

And we have a hacker now!
bow.gif

6Toushiro9 has joined us as a hacker. And I can now proudly say that as of today we are now a serious project. I'm super excited to see how this goes and look forward to working with you all.

So, for Jei and Toushiro:

To start, try finding as much Japanese text as you can to translate using the Taiko tool. Give it to Jei through pm/e-mail. Then once Jei has translated some stuff he'll pass it off to me to edit. I'll edit it and send it back to Toushiro and he'll insert it in the game. Once all of the menus have been translated we will release patch version 0.1 to the public. As we continue, I'd like to have everything but Dojo Yaburi translated unless we get a more fluent translator by then.

And I also want to announce I'm looking for a website designer. If anyone is skilled at website making and would like to make one for the project contact me that you're interested and make it the best you can. Once a website is done and working I'll remove the position from the first post (Which is now updated).

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just have it setup so that I can make posts on it (Like a blog) and have subsections like a download section, info section, etc. And make it look nice too, and use images from Taiko no Tatsujin so people who see it will want to use it and look around.

And I have a new annoucement. Since our hacker is only a beginner, the position of hacker is still open. But I trust that 6Toushiro9 will do everything he can to help us, so I take back none of what I said earlier
smile.gif

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you in advance and if you need any beta testers i would be glad to help i dont know anything about hacking a rom (except pokemon but c'mon tat don't count). i plan to learn in h futureso i may be of use in one of your future projects(probably not).

Kechi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,
I am interested in this project, I'd like to participate if possible. (Yeah I know I'm new at this forum but I hope that doesn't matter)

I have a basic understanding of Japanese(still learning) I can read Kanji, not much, but I can find the definition of most kanji trough the internet or other means (my teacher is japanese ;3)

I also have basic understanding of how NDS roms work, I haven't programmed for a NDS myself, nor do have I hacked any roms, but I do know how to extract from .NDS files and how to recompile them afterwards. Nonetheless I am pretty interested in rom hacking and eager to learn
tongue.gif

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kechi said:
Hey,
I am interested in this project, I'd like to participate if possible. (Yeah I know I'm new at this forum but I hope that doesn't matter)

I have a basic understanding of Japanese(still learning) I can read Kanji, not much, but I can find the definition of most kanji trough the internet or other means (my teacher is japanese ;3)

I also have basic understanding of how NDS roms work, I haven't programmed for a NDS myself, nor do have I hacked any roms, but I do know how to extract from .NDS files and how to recompile them afterwards. Nonetheless I am pretty interested in rom hacking and eager to learn
tongue.gif

I'll have you as a backup translator if I need one. But so far it seems that we'll have more than enough translators, but thanks for showing interest in the project
smile.gif

GolemdX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
parashep.com
XP
Country
Canada
Koyorie said:
Just have it setup so that I can make posts on it (Like a blog) and have subsections like a download section, info section, etc. And make it look nice too, and use images from Taiko no Tatsujin so people who see it will want to use it and look around.
Alright, I'm starting on it. As for the images, it would be nice if the hacker (or someone else) could rip some of the sprites for me to use (or I could create them myself if that's too tedious).

Koyorie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GolemdX said:
Koyorie said:
Alright, I'm starting on it. As for the images, it would be nice if the hacker (or someone else) could rip some of the sprites for me to use (or I could create them myself if that's too tedious).

I think it would look better if you used official artwork
wink.gif

GolemdX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
parashep.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah. If possible could I get the sprites for WadaDon, WadaKatsu, and possibly the text bubble + background from the tutorial screen? I'd do it myself but I have no idea where to get them...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-