I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
My tablet's back plate fell off, and I can't put it back because of the huge battery. I'm afraid to force it, and if I do, the plate bends.
photo_1471454988271.jpg photo_1471455017496.jpg

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Your battery malfunctioned and inflated. Try getting it replaced under warranty.
Ugh, great, thanks. :(
I have a question, though. I've actually found this old tablet in one of my drawers, so I can reuse it as an emulation/Android gaming console. Any chance it could work if it's constantly plugged into the wall?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Puffy batteries are not a good thing. Replace it if you can. Try the numbers on the battery if there are any before searching for [whatever piece of no name junk] replacement battery as most no name things will buy a battery off the shelf.

Some will have battery detection you might have to bypass*. Some will suck down more power when running full 3d and pegging the CPU than the wall charger will provide. Some will work just fine. If you have taken the battery out then by all means plug it in and try to power it on.

*can be a simple resistor, can be more complex. I hate to say it as getting people that do not know to slice up lithium batteries is not a great thing to be doing but the sense circuitry in the battery, if any, is probably still intact which can spare you some hassle here.

Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Puffy batteries are not a good thing. Replace it if you can. Try the numbers on the battery if there are any before searching for [whatever piece of no name junk] replacement battery as most no name things will buy a battery off the shelf.

Some will have battery detection you might have to bypass*. Some will suck down more power when running full 3d and pegging the CPU than the wall charger will provide. Some will work just fine. If you have taken the battery out then by all means plug it in and try to power it on.

*can be a simple resistor, can be more complex. I hate to say it as getting people that do not know to slice up lithium batteries is not a great thing to be doing but the sense circuitry in the battery, if any, is probably still intact which can spare you some hassle here.
Thanks.
I've already removed the battery, though. It was much easier than I expected, actually. I just had to cut two wires, and remove the glue underneath. It works fine without the battery, and I don't mind, either, because, like I said, I want it to be a console. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just wish it was a little more powerful. 323 MBs of RAM isn't the best thing. :glare: I know it can emulate SNES fine, but I don't know about anything newer that works. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up