Hacking Sysupdater on n3ds Title exception error

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far tryed about 20 times and still getting this error....

and yes files are in updates folder, and yes ive checked md5, and no i am not on a mac.

CAUTION I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS A SAFE VERSION OF SYSUPDATER

Fixed with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4o8q9hnxta75io/sysUpdater.zip?dl=0 version of sysupdater

Last edited by Ericthegreat,
Reactions: m1n10n

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try a different update pack.

If you are trying to use a 9.2, then try to use a 9.0 instead... or viceversa, or even a lower firmware like 6.x-8.x and then use sysupdater 0.4.1 with rxTools Dev Mode to update to a fresh 9.2

You solve nothing banging your head as to why a specific firmware isn't working for you when you could spend that time trying another one...

sawada_tsuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, I've been trying it too all day, what I've done as an alternative is I open save data manager first and do a backup of my cart (alpha sapphire), afterwards I opened sysupater and after two tries got it working like a charm!

Rattor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far tryed about 20 times and still getting this error....

and yes files are in updates folder, and yes ive checked md5, and no i am not on a mac.

Fixed with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4o8q9hnxta75io/sysUpdater.zip?dl=0 version of sysupdater
There was apparently a version of sysupdater that needed the cia files to be in a folder called "update", not "updates", so you can try that. If that doesn't work, try formatting your SD card in Windows and redoing the homebrew and all that from scratch. That's what I had to do to get that error to go away.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was apparently a version of sysupdater that needed the cia files to be in a folder called "update", not "updates", so you can try that. If that doesn't work, try formatting your SD card in Windows and redoing the homebrew and all that from scratch. That's what I had to do to get that error to go away.
Was fixed with the version I linked ty tho.

m1n10n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
registered to say that this fixed the error for me - was trying for 2 days.

After 2 days I had formatted DS (10.3.0-28U) and SD card multiple times - tried every version of sysupdater I could find and then I was getting this error pretty much every time on the latest version. Same on Cubic Ninja and Menuhax - very consistent.

Result: 0xD900182f
failed to get CIA file info
SysUpdater 4.2

I had tried at least 100 times over 2 days

I even tried to upgrade down to 9.0 after 9.2 would not work.

This worked for me on the 3rd Try.

Last edited by m1n10n,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)